Unoffical TOL Rules and Advice for Newbs

Christian Liberty

- Try to avoid saying a lot of negative things about a presidential candidate if there is any chance you may ultimately vote for that candidate.

Unless you have embarrassed yourself so many times that it doesn't faze you anymore, in which case :carryon:

Well, to be fair, if it was an election between Barack Obama and a miraculously resurrected Adolf Hitler, and my vote was the deciding vote, I'd vote for Obama. I still think he's a mass murdering psychopath and will say so.

Of course, in the Romney VS Obama election, it was just evil vs evil and very little was at stake. So that was a stupid time to play the pragmatic game.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Unofficial TOL Rules and Advice for Newbs:

Don't start threads that have a political motive behind it, attempting to get even with a political adversary, while using a subject heading that it totally irrelevant to your real intent.

(I'm sorry that you're so terribly frustrated that I won't play your silly little game Aron, but please, do carry on as I do enjoy the fact that this is eating you alive).

- Try to avoid making claims that can be verified after a set period of time. That way, you don't have to stop posting altogether simply because your claim was debunked.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
See Aron, your fellow Libertarian (Libertarian, Libertarian, I know I've seen that word someplace before) even knows what you're up to.

Well, to be fair, if it was an election between Barack Obama and a miraculously resurrected Adolf Hitler, and my vote was the deciding vote, I'd vote for Obama. I still think he's a mass murdering psychopath and will say so.

Of course, in the Romney VS Obama election, it was just evil vs evil and very little was at stake. So that was a stupid time to play the pragmatic game.

WizardofOz

- Try to avoid making claims that can be verified after a set period of time. That way, you don't have to stop posting altogether simply because your claim was debunked.

Don't start threads that have a political motive behind it, attempting to get even with a political adversary, while using a subject heading that it totally irrelevant to your real intent.

(I'm sorry that you're so terribly frustrated that I won't play your silly little game Aron, but please, do carry on as I do enjoy the fact that this is eating you alive).
:liberals: What is eating me alive?
Are you and greenrage buddies? I only mocked him in that one post and I feel it's good advice few newbs. Me and res were just funnin. I don't need to dedicate an entire thread to it :idunno:

Maybe you need a
Spoiler
05-cryingman-290212-de.jpg
Puffs :allsmile:

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
- Do not tell someone that you're placing them on ignore if you're going to continue to respond to them after claiming to do so.
But wait! That is why there is a convenient "show text" button. That allows you to ignore most of what the person posts but peek at what they might post in an interesting thread. Curiosity is one of the most irresistible human traits. Think Eve.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
I had no idea there was a Jesus tag.
[jesus]??[/jesus]
I guess it is just to make something red. Is that hypertext blasphemy?

WizardofOz

But wait! That is why there is a convenient "show text" button. That allows you to ignore most of what the person posts but peek at what they might post in an interesting thread. Curiosity is one of the most irresistible human traits. Think Eve.

Lurk, spy, peek...but ignore. ;)

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Wow! "It seems to me...." is like magic or something!
:chuckle:

- If you are an atheist or agnostic do not be hostile toward all theists simply because one or two were hostile toward you. Civilized conversation and debate is possible depending on whom you're talking to.
And don't correct another poster's grammar all the time, no matter how much you might want to.:shut:

Last edited:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
- When responding to a post of great length, do not include the entire post if you're only going to respond with a few lines of statements or questions.

Yes! Thais is very important. We have so much web space and it only takes a minute to draw lines....... until you have the portion you are responding. Also, linking pictures is far more considerate than copying them.

If you need help with this ask me, or any moderator, also AMR knows this very well.
Kat

WizardofOz

- When you first start posting on TOL you will be welcomed and immediately after will be poked with sticks. Don't be quick to judge individual posters or the forum as a whole just because you're being treated like a dog's chew toy.

Once people get to know you better that phase passes. :dog:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

Yes, good point!

WizardofOz

Especially thread titles, 'cause you can't edit them :darwinsm:

- If you misspell a word in your thread title, don't ask mods to edit it, just roll with it

If You Can Raed Tihs, You Msut Be Raelly Smrat and can look past a missing vowel here and there :D