Town Quixote's

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Today's Gazette is a waste of time.
Like your river of tears thread that I guess you erased when it didn't play out as you wanted.

Well, don't worry, I have the best parts of it preserved. Maybe that will make a more interesting Gazette for you. :D

Today's Gazette can be found here (link).

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Late Night Extra

So Eeset the reset decided to start another thread that she didn't quite anticipate the response to (sound familiar?) and then went and erased it. But I had the second page of it on tap so here's some sense of it:

Originally Posted by Eeset
Town you are not, in my opinion, a Christian.
I don't care if you think I'm the Pope or the anti-Christ.

You're a troll. This is your construct. I don't know that there's much real here about you...God knows I hope that's true.

...How many members have you chased off? 5, 10, 20 or more?
None that I know of...I could think of three I wouldn't mind, but that just goes to show you how unlikely your belief is, doesn't it.

Town I would like to thank you. You have helped me more than you will ever know. I woke up one Sunday about 8 weeks ago with something you had said on my mind. As I mulled it over I decided to not go to church. I haven't been to church since. You really helped me escape. Thanks.
Now you're just stealing a rough outline from what anna said to Sod in the diversity thread speaking to another subject.

Originally Posted by annabenedetti
...In fact, TOL in general and you, sod, in particular can take credit for a good part of my current view of conservatism/evangelical Christianity and I want you to understand how significant your contribution has been. Watching you in action has had a greater impact on my ongoing evaluation than anything else I've studied in the same time period. Congratulations on your achievement.
You can't even fake originality.

Go haunt some children. You don't scare me.

This type of comment defines you.
I agree. Clarity. Now run along and tell the next person you don't like that they're not a Christian and that they've kept you from church or whatever bit of make believe you'll try out.

Or you could start over and tell us all how you enjoyed making a friend's husband and pastor uncomfortable in the pulpit. That was a yarn that got people going, wasn't it.

Now then, you've had enough of what you're actually here for.

Oh, and I neg rep'd her again for bringing Jack up again, so she's my "emotional masochist" counter to her bullying nonsense seems like an even better bet. Sorry, that was on page one, along with fool's apt retelling of the old, "It only hurts when I do this" "Stop doing it" joke. :D

I'm sure that will be part of her Bully speech when she figures out a new way to present it. :plain:

Today's Gazette can be found here (link).

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Okay folks, we're closing until the morning. Not trusting some people with the lights or liquor, but they can come in and raise sand when the doors open.

See you then. :cheers:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
There, still plenty of time to set up for lunch.

Today's menu:

Blue Plate Special: crow, currently being served to Doogie in the TOL Promotes Atheism thread (turns out atheism isn't really the next big thing) so yes, take out is available.

And, as with every day here at Quixote's, ham is half off and the customers similarly.

Also, the only spirits we serve are good for you, so you'll have to bring you own whine to the table.

Dessert? Humble pie, warm and smothered in this or that poster's "I scream"s.

No gratuity required or gratuitous comments necessary. My name is TH and I'll be your server today.

Enjoy. :cheers:

Breathe

It would be funny if everyone put the trolls on ignore, and left them with no one but themselves to talk to. :D

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yeah ... real fun. Until there is a crash bang in the middle of the night after the frustration of being ignored has lead them to drastically raid our garbage cans.

They are worse than stray cats, you know.

Breathe

Yeah ... real fun. Until there is a crash bang in the middle of the night after the frustration of being ignored has lead them to drastically raid our garbage cans.

They are worse than stray cats, you know.

They're certainly more annoying. It seems like they poop in every thread I am trying to read.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus-and-the-Lamb-jesus-31753482-351-500.jpg

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Friday Afternoon Delight Gazette

So in the Thomas Edison was a banana thread...no, really...
In that case you've probably eaten Alexander Graham Bell at some point...

:nono:

That was rich * AB. :plain:

* in potassium

Then vc couldn't leave bad enough alone...
HARDLY rich. Thomas Edison has always been a bit sour.
Say what you like about him, the man had a peel. :plain:

Then in Trad's TOL Promotes Atheism thread...
Are you really that concerned about your reputation?
Given a man's witness is predicated upon it, of course.

And, more to the point...
TH: Do as you think is best,
I always try to. :thumb:

but I will say this: It looks like a feud between you and Resurrected,
I'd say a feud isn't inherently problematic if the root is understood. So if your feud with a neighbor is that he's black (no, I'm not dragging that in, just by way of) and you hound him, prompting him to point out your problems, that once I know that it informs me.

and whatever your intentions are, I think that you're harming your reputation worse than had you simply ignored him.
If you can work a harm in the mind of anyone by defending what they would and should defend in themselves, then, then you're dealing with those inclined to dislike you and/or those who will at some point (especially in a place like this) find themselves in a similar position and learn the value firsthand.

Then AB was back like Donkey Kong...or on in black or...
Hmm, I fail to see what you find so amusing quite frankly.
Buy a mirror.

These things need to be aired,
Or you could wash them. :plain: Just sayin'.

and now that 'Rescued By Mariah Carey' has been shown the door one feels duty bound to carry on the good work.
Shoot. I never got around to reading her.

...It was a him...:plain:
Well there you go. That's just the sort of insightful nuance reading gets you. :poly:

For example, did you know that Isambard Kingdom Brunel was a Russian spy and all that architectural building stuff was merely a front?

I bet that was chilly in the winter. :think:
He only worked from June till August. Clever eh?
You have no idea how. :plain::

And that brings us up to date. Tomorrow? Zip has an unChristian conversation, Sod reconsiders his special need and the other guy really takes a beating. :plain: