The Heretics Message to the World:Be Baptized to be Saved! (HOF thread)

elected4ever

You may be a lost cause. You have no understanding whatsoever. You are all tiedup with your denoanational teaching. You can't accept truth. I will now leave you and this forum. I am not in the habbit of arguing with fence post.

JustAChristian

What Did James, the Lord's Brother Say?

What Did James, the Lord's Brother Say?

Originally posted by dan37
You may be a lost cause. You have no understanding whatsoever. You are all tiedup with your denoanational teaching. You can't accept truth. I will now leave you and this forum. I am not in the habbit of arguing with fence post.

James 4:7 "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."

Satan's Kingdom of Darkness

The Bible tells us of ourGod "who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son" ( Col. 1:13). Darkness is depicted in the Bible as the realm of evil. It is the place where sin is supreme and man is evil; where Satan lurks to deceive the world (1 Thess. 5:5; Rev. 12:9). Christians are called upon to beware of the troubling of the Devil, that they not be found in darkness and lost (Eph 4:14; 1 Tim. 5:15). When anyone flees the truth of the Bible, then enter the realm of Satan. They become a part of the Kingdom of Darkness.

Darkness is able to hide many things. Many crimes and sins are done where there is no light. However, darkness does not hide one from the eyes of God (Ps. 139:11-12). God is omnipresent and sees all that we do. Because He is all powerful, He will make manifest the evil things of the heart in judgement through Jesus Christ (1 Cor. 4:5). The things that we have said shall be revealed and witness for or against us. Christ warns about hypocrisy telling us that what has been said in darkness will be heard in the light (Lk. 12:3). Christians are warned to control the tongue and the heart that no evil influence be found in their life.

Because of the power of Satan, the Bible says, "The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble" (Prov. 4:19). Again, that "the fool walks in darkness" (Eccl.2:14). The wicked confuse light and darkness. Isaiah announces a curse against them saying, "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness: that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter" (Isa. 5:20). The wicked discount the great value in trusting and obeying the living God. If they choose to continue to follow the evil ways of Satan, walking in darkness, they will not have fellowship with God (1 John 1:5-7). The apostle John describes such as "...wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever" (1 Jn.2:17).

Christ has come to deliver man from darkness. Many have heard his voice and have turned from Satan. The Bible tells us that He calls us from darkness unto light ( 1 Peter 2:9). His faithful message is preached throughout the world, and when it is heard and obeyed, those who repent turn from darkness to light (Acts 26:18). We know that light has no fellowship with darkness. When a light is switched on in a dark room, the darkness can not overcome it. It gives into the light. Such is the case when deception and sin is overcome by the brightness of the message of Christ Jesus. There is rejoicing when that which harbors evil is cast off; and the ship of sin is allowed to sink at the salvation of a penitent sinner. Then the one who believes in Jesus does not continue in darkness (Jn 8:12). They will find that if they walk in the light of God's word, they will not be overtaken by the darkness of Satan's realm (Jn 12:35). The Christians must be vigilant, that they have no fellowship with the works of darkness (Eph. 5:11).

Eternal darkness is the abode of evil and transgression, and is reserved for the impenitent. The angels who sinned are kept in pits of darkness waiting the judgment ( 2 Peter 2:4). There is no occasion for repentance for them. The blackness of darkness awaits the wicked eternally, for the Bible tells us "the Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptation, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgement to be punished (2 Peter 2 9). It is not a pretty picture, but one that is illustrated in the scriptures; how God will condemn wickedness and those who practice it, casting them into outer darkness (Matt 8:12, 22:13; 25:30).

Everyone is compelled to walk in the light of God's word. There is steadfastness and assurance that can never be equaled in any other relationship.

JustAChristian

Last edited:

agape

JustAChristian

Romans 6:3 is NOT talking about "water baptism" in the least.

Water baptism was done away with when the greater baptism came into the scene.

There is no mention of "water" throughout the entire chapter. Paul is talking to those who are already born again of God's Spirit, which can only accomplished by being baptized in the spirit. Water baptism never did and never will get one to be born from above...to receive the "new" birth.

Paul is asking a question: or do you not know, are you personally ignorant or unaware that as many of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus (all of us who are born again) were baptized into his death? We who have been baptized into Christ Jesus by receiving holy spirit-life have therefore also been baptized (immersed, surrounded) into everything that was involved and accomplished by his death.

Verse 4: Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

It is obvious that Romans 6 is speaking only of "spirit baptism." Why are you trying to put "water" into those verses that leave it out?

JustAChristian

The Whole Of Anything.........

The Whole Of Anything.........

Originally posted by agape
JustAChristian

Romans 6:3 is NOT talking about "water baptism" in the least.

Water baptism was done away with when the greater baptism came into the scene.

There is no mention of "water" throughout the entire chapter. Paul is talking to those who are already born again of God's Spirit, which can only accomplished by being baptized in the spirit. Water baptism never did and never will get one to be born from above...to receive the "new" birth.

Paul is asking a question: or do you not know, are you personally ignorant or unaware that as many of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus (all of us who are born again) were baptized into his death? We who have been baptized into Christ Jesus by receiving holy spirit-life have therefore also been baptized (immersed, surrounded) into everything that was involved and accomplished by his death.

Verse 4: Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

It is obvious that Romans 6 is speaking only of "spirit baptism." Why are you trying to put "water" into those verses that leave it out?

Agape,

There is a mathamatical term that says "The whole of anything is the some of it's parts." Not every verse in the bible mentions water nor baptism. Neither is repentance or confession mentioned. Do we deny that just because every verse in the bible is void of these standards, then it is not required. No, the whole of anything is the sum of it's parts. The prophet Isaiah says it best for us:

Isaiah 28:10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

When we see something that is required for salvation, we couple it with what is required or identified elsewhere to gather the whole of the matter. The Ethiopian Eunuch said to Philip: "See, here is water. What doth hinder me to be baptized?" Now, when we are talking about baptism, we are talking about something having to do with water. Peter relates to water in his conclusion with the events with Noah (1 Peter 3:19-21). So, we must accept that we are drawn to conclude every time, when we see the command to be baptized or are associated with the passive act of baptism, as in Acts 2:38 and Romans 6:3, water is so strongly implied that we can not deny it and be consistent with other sections of the scriptures. Why is this so, because, Isaiah gives us insight and "the whole of anything is the sum of it's parts".

JustAChristian

Last edited:

HopeofGlory

Christ Jesus preached the kingdom message to Israel (the circumcision) and he chose the twelve to deliver it but He instructed them to not go to the Gentiles.

These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles (uncircumcision), and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: Matt. 10:5 (KJV)
But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Matt. 10:6 (KJV)

Clearly the circumcision (Jewish) message Peter preached was not to be delivered to the uncircumcision (Gentiles)or was Jesus wrong? It is further revealed when God interrupted Peter as he attempted to deliver the circumcision message to the Gentile Cornelius.

The gospel of the kingdom beginning with John the Baptist (Matt 3:2) was a message to be given only to Israel as God’s chosen people. This circumcision only message prepared the nation of Israel as priests before the cross and Christ commanded it was not to be delivered to Gentiles.

Water baptism was a ritual in the sense that is was a required act for religious benefit. Under the law this ordinance (required work) can clearly be seen in “old” testament rituals where the priest were made clean to receive the sacrifice. To say it was old testament simply means it was before the new testament for remission (Matt. 26:28) was given by Christ. This old testament rite was the declaration of John the Baptist (Mark 1:4) and it is the same as Peter's Pentecostal message (Acts 2:38) both were a “baptism of repentance for the remission of sins“.

In the ritual of sacrifice the priest were fully wet (not sprinkled) or "baptized" in water. This rite of cleansing removed sin and prepared them to receive the sacrifice. The priest would take of the sacrifical “blood” and "sprinkle" it on the people. The application of the blood was the most important part. Water baptism immersion is not a sign of the blood being sprinkled and they are clearly two different elements in the same ritual.

Israel's understanding of water baptism was that it "washed away their sins" even after the cross.

And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there, Acts 22:12 (KJV)
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord. Acts 22:16 (KJV)

Notice the below scripture is unto the children of Israel and if ye “obey” my voice you will be a kingdom of priest and it is clear John the Baptist was that voice crying in the wilderness.

Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my (Mosaic) covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: Ex. 19:5 (KJV)
And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel. Ex. 19:6 (KJV)

The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight. Mark 1:3 (KJV)
John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins. Mark 1:4 (KJV)

The twelve were instructed in this circumcision message and were commanded to “Go not into the way of the Gentiles“ but only to “the house of Israel”.

After the cross the apostles are now commanded to ....Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15 (KJV)

Why the change from.....Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: Matt. 10:5 (KJV)

For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. Heb. 9:16 (KJV)
For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth. Heb. 9:17 (KJV)

For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. Matt. 26:28 (KJV)

After the cross the new testament for remission of sins was now in force and it superceded the old testament for remission in water baptism. The new testament message was to be delivered to all the world.

Before the cross Israel was still bound to ordinances for remission. The cross removed the ordinance of water baptism for remission.....Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; Col. 2:14 (KJV)

Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, Heb. 6:1 (KJV)
Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. Heb. 6:2 (KJV)
And this will we do, if God permit. Heb. 6:3 (KJV)

Before the new testament sin remission also required endurance to the end. The new testament (Matt 26:28) with a better testimony (John 5:36) granted eternal life (John 6:54) and was only effectual after the cross (Heb. 9:17).

Before the cross salvation was only found in ordinances of the law and the Gentiles were without the law (Rom. 2:14) contained in the old testimony for sin remission. Righteousness under the law was received by odedience to the ordinances contained in the law simply because the new testament had no strength until after the death of Christ.

Peter's circumcision message for remission was not the new testament (Matt 26:28) and his message (Acts 2:38) was not meant to be delivered to uncircumcised Gentiles who were without the law. The apostles were teachings the same message after the cross (Acts. 2:38) as the Baptist was before the cross (Mark 1:4). Therefore the apostles at Pentecost did not teach (Matt. 26:28).

John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins. Mark 1:4 (KJV)

For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. Matt. 26:28 (KJV)

Two witnesses! Matt 26:28 superceded Acts 2:38.

But I have a greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me. John 5:36 (KJV)
And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. John 5:37 (KJV)

Christ's gave us the "NEW" testament in His blood "for" remission of sins. This is a simple fact that can not be reasoned away with false analogies. Signs are a shadow of things to come and are of no use after the real things are manifested. To say we still need water baptism is no different than to say we still need circumcision of the flesh. Water baptism "for" remission of sins (old testament) was a mere shadow of faith in His shed blood for remission of sins (new testament). Some would have us believe water baptism is a sign of the applied blood of Christ but this is clearly not the case. This confusion is found in those who sprinkle instead of immerse in water because the high priest sprinkled when he applied the blood.

Israel was God's chosen people to deliver the message of His sacrifical blood for remission to the world. We will look in vain for that message at Pentecost.
Christ died for our sins and it is through the shedding of His blood that all who have faith in God’s witness are born again by the Spirit of Christ. The Pentecostal message of water baptism is void of the power of God that Christ “died for our sins” and through “faith in His blood” our sins are remitted. This bloodless gospel for remission fulfilled this prophetic scripture.....

Whereas thou hast been forsaken and hated, so that no man went through thee, I will make thee an eternal excellency, a joy of many generations. Isa. 60:15 (KJV)
Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the LORD am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob. Isa. 60:16 (KJV)

God called Paul to apply the blood of our Sacrifice for remission and this message would be received freely by the Gentiles because they were without the law.

Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles. Acts 13:46 (KJV)

Paul is the first man to deliver the new testament proclaiming righteousness without the ordinances (ritual of water baptism) of the law.

But "now" the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. Rom. 3:28 (KJV)

For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the "obedience of one" shall many be made righteous. Rom. 5:19 (KJV)
Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: Rom. 5:20 (KJV)

Water baptism was obeyed "for" remission of sins under the law and it can not be argued to the contrary unless you choose to go against clear biblical teaching. "If" indeed faith in His shed blood in the "new" testament now gives remission of sins and His death done away with the law then we can conclude the "old" testament "for" remission of sins has indeed been superceded by the "new".

The death of Christ was not taught as the means "for" remission at Pentecost but obeying in water baptism "for" remission was commanded. The main point here is those at Pentecost had to be water baptized to be saved and that was a clear message....Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins. And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that OBEY him. Acts 5:32 (KJV)

Clearly two different messages for sin remission were preached! The circumcision message was only to Israel of the law and the uncircumcision to Gentiles who were without the law.

But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter; Gal. 2:7 (KJV)
(For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles Gal. 2:8 (KJV)

Jesus instructed the apostles to go to the world “after” the new testament for remission (Matt. 26:28) was given and He did not instruct them to WATER baptism.

There is only one baptism (Spirit) not two and through the practice of water baptism many are deceived and have accepted it for remission of sins and in this fact alone we must realize the error of man’s witness which is not God’s.

One Lord, one faith, one baptism, Eph. 4:5 (KJV)
One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. Eph. 4:6 (KJV)

A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed. Matt. 16:4 (KJV)

But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same veil (Mosaic) untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which veil is done away in Christ. 2 Cor. 3:14 (KJV)

Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. Heb. 10:9 (KJV)
By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. Heb. 10:10 (KJV)

Therefore if any man be IN CHRIST, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 2 Cor. 5:17 (KJV)

Old things (old testament) are passed away and all things are new (new testament).

We know what is truth by the gospel that came forth from the very lips of Christ our Saviour.

But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father’s kingdom. Matt. 26:29 (KJV)

In Christ
Craig

JustAChristian

So Warped!

So Warped!

Originally posted by HopeofGlory
Craig

Craig,

You have become so distorted that you have forgotten one of the main tenents of the New Testament, the New Birth! You need to understand what is truly required for salvation. Listen as Paul teaches:

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new" (2 Cor 5:17).

We find as we study the Bible that one must be a new creature to be saved. It is important for us to know how we become new creatures, and to make application to our lives this biblical principle. One does not have the new characteristics of Christ without being in Christ. We must be Christ-like.

In order to be a new creature, there are some things that one must do. No we are not going to teach anything about "earning salvation." Salvation can not be earned. It is a free gift from God by his grace. We need only to obtain that grace through the appointed process of the Bible. The Bible tells us that we must be born again. "Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God: ( Jn 3:3). Jesus further defines being born again by saying, "...Verily , verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God" (Jn 3:5). Christ placed great emphasis on the process of being born again. It's important that we do the same.

In order to be a new creature, one must walk in newness of life ( Rom. 6:4). Christ has cleansed us of our sins, and we must change our lives to reflect that cleansing. Paul taught the Church, "That you would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory: (1 Thess. 2:12).

Likewise, one must be free of sin and serving God (Rom 6:22). Once one has put on Christ, his past sins are forgiven (Gal 3:27; Eph. 4:32).

Well then, how does one become a new creature? It is by the process of the new birth ( Jn 3:3-5). The new birth is a process involving water and the Holy Spirit. Through the act of water baptism, one is born again. Peter told those on Pentecost in Acts chapter two, "Repent and be baptized everyone of you in the name of Jesus Christ and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost" (Acts 2:38). The Holy Spirit was not possessed by those Peter preached to before their baptism, therefore they were not new creatures before baptism. The Holy Ghost was received by them after their baptism, so by this process one becomes a new creature. God does not give the Holy Spirit to anyone who is not a new creature (1Cor 3:16). Since one must walk in newness of life to be a new creature, one is raised from baptism to walk in newness of life (Rom 6:4). Likewise, since one must be free from sin and serving God faithfully, then one must obey from the heart the form of doctrine(Romans 6:22),which is being baptized into Christs' death and being united with him by a dying to sin and being resurrected to newness of life through baptism.-( Romans 6:3-5). There is no other way to be united with Jesus Christ and to be made an heir to the blessings of heaven except through faithful obedience including being baptized ( Heb 5:8-9; Gal 3:27).

Now ask yourself, can one be a child of God, a new creature without the new birth? The answer must be no, one must be born again. Can one be a child of God, a new creature without have new life? The answer must be no. One must be raised to walk in newness of life. Well, then, can one be a child of God, a new creature without being in Christ and being free from sin and serving God? Absolutely not! Being in Christ and free from sin, and serving from the heart the Living God is necessary to be a new creation. The answer to all these questions, as you see is NO. Therefore we must conclude that since one can only be a new creature if these things are done, then baptism in water for the remission of sins is essential to one being a new creature.

JustAChristian

JustAChristian

Baptism Is Essential For Salvation.

What do you know about water baptism? Today’s lesson deals with the subject in order to see if water baptism is essential for salvation. I hope you will give close attention to the lesson.
We see water baptism first mentioned in the work of John the Baptist. He was sent by God to manifest Jesus to Israel. The Bible says, “And I knew Him not, but that He should be made manifest to Israel, therefore I come baptizing with water” (Jn 1:31). We see that John’s baptism was for the remission of sins (Mk 1:4; Lk 3:3). One might observe, “Why was Jesus baptized since he had no sins?” Jesus answers that question saying”…for thus it becometh us to fulfill all righteousness” (Mt. 3:15). It was the right thing at that time for Jesus to do, and thus he allowed John to baptize him.

Baptism has always been for the remission of sins or as Ananias told Saul “…Arise and be baptized and wash away thy sins, calling on the Lord” (Acts 22:16). It is in order to be saved (Mk 16:16). If you believe you are saved before you are baptized, then you believe you can be saved outside of Christ Galatians 3:27 teaches we are baptized into Christ. We know it is impossible to be saved outside of Christ. If you believe your are saved before baptism, then you believe you can be saved in our sins. As was mentioned before, baptism is the medium whereby sins are washed away. It is not the water that is saving, but baptism. It is in baptism that one contacts the blood of Christ spiritually (Rom 6:3). Jesus shed his blood for our sins, and we are cleansed by his blood. It is therefore necessary that one contact the cleansing blood of Christ for salvation (Rev 1:5; 1 Jn 5:6).

Do you know that baptism saves us? 1 Peter 3:20,21 teaches “…baptism doth also now save us.” Anytime baptism is mentioned in connection with being saved, baptism always comes first. Some passages mention only believe, others only repentance or confession, Does this mean we don’t have to repent if the scripture only mentions believe? Of course not! The mention of only baptism doesn’t exclude confession, repentance or believing. Scripture takes a person from where he is in his heart at that moment. A person who has not heard of Christ would first have to hear, or be taught, then believe what he was taught. After belief, he would have to repent of his sins and make the same confession the Eunuch made after believing: that “Jesus Christ is the Son of God” (Acts 8:37). Only then is he a fit subject to be baptized in order to be saved.

If you take the stand that we are saved as soon as we believe then you have to throw away the scriptures on repentance, confession, and baptism. James teaches we are not justified by faith only, “Even the devil believes and trembles” (James 2:17-20). Does this mean the Devil is saved? Of course not.
In the New Testament, every time a person sought to be saved he never took nourishment nor slept until he was baptized (Acts 16:33). They knew how important baptism was to their salvation. They knew it took baptism to complete their obedience to God’s plan for redemption. The faith that saves is the faith that obeys.

The Eunuch was not saved before he was baptized (Acts 8:26-39) When seeing a body of water, he inquired as to what hindered his baptism. On learning he must confess Christ, he did so and both he and Philip the evangelist went into the water and he was baptized. He then went on his way rejoicing, because after his baptism, he had something to rejoice about. Can you rejoice today? Continue to seek the Lord and have a great day.

JustAChristian

c.moore

Quote JustAChristian

You do err not know the scriptures nor the power of God. We are not condemned for Adam's sin but for our own sins

Quote by c.moore
That why I ask what does this scripture mean to you, and I still didn`t get an anwer from this bible verse
I `ll say it again.
Ro:5:18: Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation

Ro:5:19: For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners,

The adam is this one man who we all were made sinners, not like you say, our own sin, this is false interpretation of the bible.

Ro:5:12: Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Ro:5:14: Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

So Now, Who is in err, the bible or you?????

quote: c.moore
We are automatically righteous alone through Jesus.
Ro:5:18: Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life

quote:c.moore

Jesus was obedient for us , this is the one man.

Ro:5:19: For as by one man's (disobedience )many were made sinners,
so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

I hope you can understand what the bible says, and I try to point out the parts you don`t read in huge, and red letters, so you cdan keep the bible in the right context.

Let God bless you
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JustAChristian

Here is what it means.

Here is what it means.

Originally posted by c.moore
Quote JustAChristian

You do err not know the scriptures nor the power of God. We are not condemned for Adam's sin but for our own sins

Quote by c.moore
That why I ask what does this scripture mean to you, and I still didn`t get an anwer from this bible verse
I `ll say it again.
Ro:5:18: Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation Ro:5:19: For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners,

The adam is this one man who we all were made sinners, not like you say, our own sin, this is false interpretation of the bible.

Ro:5:12: Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: Ro:5:14: Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Ro:5:18: Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life

I hope you can understand what the bible says, and I try to point out the parts you don`t read in huge, and red letters, so you cdan keep the bible in the right context.

Let God bless you

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C.Moore,

Ro:5:18: Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation

Romans 5:18:
Therefore, as through the offence [transgression] of one, [Adam] judgment came upon all men to [resulting in] condemnation, even so through the righteousness of one [man, Jesus] the free gift came upon all men unto [resulting in ] justification of life [Adam disobeyed, ate the forbidden fruit and brought death; Jesus obeyed, died on the cross and brought life, John 1:4; 10:10].

Romans 5:19:
For as by one man's [Adam's] disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of One [Jesus] will many be made righteous [in this contrast between Adam and Jesus, Adam brought death, judgment, and disobedience; Jesus brought life, justification, and obedience].

Ro:5:12: Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Ro:5:14: Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Romans 5:12:
Wherefore, [Paul now gives a summation based on a contrast between Adam who brough sin, and Jesus who brought salvation] as by one man [Adam] sin entered into the world, and death by sin; [ Gen 3:16,19] and so death passed [spread] upon all men [1 Cor 15:21] for that all have sinned; [Romans 3:23; 6:23].

Romans 5:14:
Nevertheless [still] death [the punishment of sin; Adam began to die physically after sin, and was also spiritually cut off in death from God] reighned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned in the likeness of [had not repeated] Adam's transgression, [offense of sin; physical death came to the human race; even to some infants and to some who were mentally incapable; also it came to those who were born after Adam who committed sin by choosing to do so] who is [in contrast] the figure [a type] of Him who was to come [just as Adam, the type; brought death, Jesus the antitype, brought life, 1 Cor 15:22,45].

c.moore, you say you receive revelation from God and you don't know who is wrong? Better start checking those voices you've been hearing. I might be acid indegestion and you are hearing your stomach growling!

c.moore, you need to take the time that you are trying to fancy up your post to make a better study of what you say. You haven't mentioned anything about baptism in this post, and this is what the thread is all about. Work on that! More water and less wandering!

JustAChristian

Last edited:

HopeofGlory

JustaChristian

Your postulation that I have distorted the word of God is accepted being you have no knowledge of right division. Remission of sins is by faith in the shed blood of Christ with out required works of righteousness (Titus 3:5). The new testament is HIS SHED BLOOD FOR REMISSION not water baptism for remission and this you do not understand. I feel you never will but your blood will not be on my hands because I have share the gospel with you. It is as Paul said...

For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect. 1 Cor. 1:17 (KJV)

You have accepted water baptism for remission and made the obedience of Christ to the cross when He shed His blood for remission of non effect (1Cor 1:17). The bible teaches us that it by the obedience of ONE (Roms 5:19) we are made righteous and again you do not understand. You void the word of God and blaspheme the shed blood of Christ as if it has no power to cleanse us for all our sins. You do not understand the "power of God unto salvation" and pervert the message of eternal life. Your words destroy the work of Christ and spit in the face of the Father. Your obedience to works will profit you nothing but a eternal hell (John 6:63).

You say salvation is a "free gift" and then add you must be water baptized to receive it. If this is not perversion then there is none and "free" does not really mean free!

Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. Rom. 4:4 (KJV)
But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Rom. 4:5 (KJV)

You said:
Likewise, one must be free of sin and serving God (Rom 6:22). Once one has put on Christ, his past sins are forgiven (Gal 3:27; Eph. 4:32).

More perversion, our sins are forgiven not just our "past" sins. Your false doctrine is like the venom of a snake destroying the body of Christ with its poison.

But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. Rom. 6:22 (KJV)
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Rom. 6:23 (KJV)

The "gift" of God is eternal life to all who have "faith" in the shed blood of Christ for remission of sins.

The word of God says without the shedding of blood there is no remission (Hebs 9:22).

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, BY THE WORD OF GOD, which liveth and abideth for ever. 1 Pet. 1:23 (KJV)

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be "born" of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. John 3:5 (KJV)

We are "born" of water and "born again" by the word of God.

May God have mercy on your soul!

In Christ
Craig

JustAChristian

Must We Be Baptized In Order To Be Saved?

Must We Be Baptized In Order To Be Saved?

Originally posted by HopeofGlory
JustaChristian

Your postulation that I have distorted the word of God is accepted being you have no knowledge of right division. Remission of sins is by faith in the shed blood of Christ with out required works of righteousness (Titus 3:5). The new testament is HIS SHED BLOOD FOR REMISSION not water baptism for remission and this you do not understand. I feel you never will but your blood will not be on my hands because I have share the gospel with you. It is as Paul said...

For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect. 1 Cor. 1:17 (KJV)

You have accepted water baptism for remission and made the obedience of Christ to the cross when He shed His blood for remission of non effect (1Cor 1:17). The bible teaches us that it by the obedience of ONE (Roms 5:19) we are made righteous and again you do not understand. You void the word of God and blaspheme the shed blood of Christ as if it has no power to cleanse us for all our sins. You do not understand the "power of God unto salvation" and pervert the message of eternal life. Your words destroy the work of Christ and spit in the face of the Father. Your obedience to works will profit you nothing but a eternal hell (John 6:63).

You say salvation is a "free gift" and then add you must be water baptized to receive it. If this is not perversion then there is none and "free" does not really mean free!

Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. Rom. 4:4 (KJV)
But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Rom. 4:5 (KJV)

You said:

More perversion, our sins are forgiven not just our "past" sins. Your false doctrine is like the venom of a snake destroying the body of Christ with its poison.

But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. Rom. 6:22 (KJV)
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Rom. 6:23 (KJV)

The "gift" of God is eternal life to all who have "faith" in the shed blood of Christ for remission of sins.

The word of God says without the shedding of blood there is no remission (Hebs 9:22).

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, BY THE WORD OF GOD, which liveth and abideth for ever. 1 Pet. 1:23 (KJV)

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be "born" of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. John 3:5 (KJV)

We are "born" of water and "born again" by the word of God.

May God have mercy on your soul!

In Christ
Craig

Craig,

The will of the Father also includes our being baptized for the forgiveness of our sins, so that we can be saved and go to heaven. In Mark 16:16 Jesus says,

"He who believes and is baptized will be saved, but he who does not believe will be condemned."

This is such a simple command to obey in the way the Lord says to do it. Notice the divine order: 1) Believe + 2) Baptism = 3) Saved.

Jesus says that both belief and baptism are required to be saved. But men, at the prompting of Satan, are trying to tell us many other different things that are contrary to what Jesus says. Men have taken what the Lord said, "He who believes and is baptized will be saved," , Mark 16:16, and have changed it in every way possible to suit themselves.

But there are those who want to ignore what Jesus said in the first half of the verse and only look at the latter half. They do this in an attempt to try to manufacture a loophole in what the Lord has said. They are not willing to accept that Jesus says we must believe and be baptized to be saved. After the Lord has suffered and died for us they are still rejecting what the Lord has commanded us to do. Jesus could not make it any clearer what one has to do to be saved.

In Mark 16:16 we only have two choices: either obey or not to obey. When one refuses to obey the first part of Mark 16:16 then the second part of the verse applies to him, "he who does not believe will be condemned."

In the later half of the verse Jesus says "but he who does not believe will be condemned." But there are those who say that Jesus did not say you would be condemned if you were not baptized. People who say this are grasping at straws in trying to avoid what the Lord who is our only Saviour requires. But people are doing this to their own eternal destruction. A person who does not believe Jesus will certainly not be baptized. One who does not believe could go through the motions and get dunked under the water, but he would not be scripturally baptized. He would only get wet. Since one who does not believe could not be scripturally baptized, it would have been useless for the Lord to have mentioned baptism in the latter half of the verse. People may argue against the Lord's requirement of being baptized in order to be saved, but they will not be able to argue with the Lord when they stand before Him on the Day of Judgment. It will be too late then.

People need to stop spending their time in trying to figure out a way to get around doing what the Lord said, but rather they need be willing to submit to the final authority of our Lord. When we stand before the Lord on the day of judgment to be judged by Him, there are going to be many who have chosen not to do what the Lord has said. Rather they have chosen to do what man has said to do.

Romans 10:3 tells us that people are...

"Seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God."

The choice is ours. Either we have tried to establish our own righteousness or we have submitted to the righteousness of God. Unless we are forgiven the way that Jesus Christ has specified in the Bible then we will die in our sins and be forever lost and forever separated from God in eternal punishment. We make the decision; but we will reap the eternal consequences. Are you ready for those consequences?

The Lord says in John 12:48,

"The word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day."

We are not going to be judged by what man says or by what we think, but by what our Lord says. This is going to be the standard for judgment.

For the majority of people, the judgment will be a horrible day, and a day of many terrible surprises. Obedience to our Lord will save any lost person, no matter how evil his past has been, but obedience to a mere human doctrine will not save anyone, no matter how good they have been. Speaking of Christ, Hebrews 5:9 says, "And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all them that obey Him." Yes, we must obey our Lord, if we expect Him to save us.

Baptism is not a work of merit that man does. We do nothing for God when we are baptized, except obey Him; but God does something for us. Baptism is God’’s chosen way of imparting His saving grace. Baptism is the submission to the command of God that saves.

As we read in Acts 10:48,

"And He commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord."

God offers salvation to all men, but He conditions that offer with obeying the requirements which He has set out in His word. The Lord has commanded us to be baptized. The Lord has no nonessential commands. In Hebrews 5:9 we saw that no man can be saved by the grace of God without being obedient to the will of God.

Believing and being baptized to be saved, as Mark 16:16 says, does not nullify the grace of God, but it activates it. The fact that baptism is essential to our salvation in no way reflects upon the wonderful grace offered to all; but rather it honors Christ who commanded it. Baptism is a very serious matter. According to the Bible, baptism is for the purpose of salvation.

In the Garden of Eden God told Adam and Eve not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

God said in Genesis 2:17,

"For in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die."

But later in Genesis 3:4 Satan told Eve, "You will not surely die."

Satan just added the one word "not" and perverted what God had said. This is what men are doing today. Jesus said in Mark 16:16, "He who believes and is baptized will be saved." Men today erroneously teach "He that believes and is not baptized shall be saved." By adding the word "not" men today are perverting the word of God just as Satan did.

Satan does not want anyone to be baptized for the purpose of being saved. Satan tells people that after you think you are saved and your sins are forgiven then you can be baptized. But this is a lie of Satan which will cause many people to be lost. But Jesus promised salvation only to those who believe and are baptized. We cannot afford to be wrong on this vital point. Our eternal destiny depends on our being right with God.

JustAChristian

Last edited:

c.moore

Here is what it means.

quote:
Quote JustAChristian

Quote by c.moore
I `ll say it again.
Ro:5:18: Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation Ro:5:19: For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners,

Ro:5:12: Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: Ro:5:14: Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Let God bless you

C.Moore,

quote:

Quote c.moore
So know you can see , that it`s not our bad works that condemns us, but because of adam disobedience.

Quot justAchristian
Romans 5:18:
Therefore, as through the offence [transgression] of one, [Adam] judgment came upon all men to [resulting in] condemnation, even so through the righteousness of one [man, Jesus] the free gift came upon all men unto [resulting in ] justification of life [Adam disobeyed, ate the forbidden fruit and brought death; Jesus obeyed, died on the cross and brought life, John 1:4; 10:10].

Quote c.moore

so we are look at as perfect because of Jesus obedience correct??

Quote JusAchrstian
Romans 5:19:
For as by one man's [Adam's] disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of One [Jesus] will many be made righteous [in this contrast between Adam and Jesus, Adam brought death, judgment, and disobedience; Jesus brought life, justification, and obedience].

quote:

Quote c.moore
Sin and death is carryed over to other humans even with out doning any sins at all. this is what this verse is saying.
Even if we lived a ggody two shoe life , we are still sinners, because of this reigned of sin.

Quote JustAchristian
Romans 5:12:
Wherefore, [Paul now gives a summation based on a contrast between Adam who brough sin, and Jesus who brought salvation] as by one man [Adam] sin entered into the world, and death by sin; [ Gen 3:16,19] and so death passed [spread] upon all men [1 Cor 15:21] for that all have sinned; [Romans 3:23; 6:23].

Romans 5:14:
Nevertheless [still] death [the punishment of sin; Adam began to die physically after sin, and was also spiritually cut off in death from God] reighned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned in the likeness of [had not repeated] Adam's transgression, [offense of sin; physical death came to the human race; even to some infants and to some who were mentally incapable; also it came to those who were born after Adam who committed sin by choosing to do so] who is [in contrast] the figure [a type] of Him who was to come [just as Adam, the type; brought death, Jesus the antitype, brought life, 1 Cor 15:22,45].

quote:

c.moore, you say you receive revelation from God and you don't know who is wrong?

Quote I just don`t what to jugde , I though I might leave it in your hand to judge yourself, and admit the truth.

Quote JustAchristian
Better start checking those voices you've been hearing. It might be acid indegestion and you are hearing your stomach growling!

Quote c.moore
I wish it would be true so you could look good, and not be in err of the bible.
prov 4:7
peace
quote:

c.moore, you need to take the time that you are trying to fancy up your post to make a better study of what you say. You haven't mentioned anything about baptism in this post, and this is what the thread is all about. Work on that! More water and less wandering!

Water is not what saves.
I`ll rather let Jesus live inside of me, because I am a Holy temple for Him , and Jesus saved me and made me righteous,
not water or baptism rituals ceremonys
JustAChristian

Last edited:

Freak

C. Moore, keep up the good work in defending that one is saved by faith in Jesus Christ, the one who shed His blood for us.

JustAChristian

Understanding Baptism and Obeying.

Understanding Baptism and Obeying.

Quote c.moore
So know you can see , that it`s not our bad works that condemns us, but because of adam disobedience.

You didn't read Isaiah 59:1-2 before you made that statement, did you?

Quote c.moore

so we are look at as perfect because of Jesus obedience correct??

Jesus obeyed his mission to die on the cross. By this he provided a way of salvation for "whosoever will". His obedience does not negate our need to obey unto salvation. You want it this way, but that is never going to happen

Quote c.moore
Sin and death is carryed over to other humans even with out doning any sins at all. this is what this verse is saying. Even if we lived a ggody two shoe life , we are still sinners, because of this reigned of sin.

We are sinners because we sin. Sin is the transgression of the Law of God (1 John 3:4). It is not something you are born with. Calvinist believe that, but sin is not inherited.

Quote:

Well, I know this Bible is not in error (err) and there is the possibility that I have often been in error, but if I could understand what your point is perhaps I could fully answer your question.

Quote I just don`t what to jugde , I though I might leave it in your hand to judge yourself, and admit the truth.

I strive to always admit the truth. Man is a sinner because he sins. He is lost because he sinned. Jesus offers salvation to those that hear and obey the gospel (Romans 1:16; Hebrews 5:8-9). Obeying the gospel is repenting of sins, confessing Christ as God's Son, being baptized for the remission of sins and rising to walk in newness of life (Romans 6:3-5).

Water is not what saves.

C.moore, You are not going to find a single statement where I have said water saves. The Bible says Noah and his family was saved by water, but it was not baptism. It was the water separating them from sin. I have always said that baptism saves. Do you see that? Baptism saves! Now, get off you hobby horse on that subject and read some truth in what I say.

I`ll rather let Jesus live inside of me, because I am a Holy temple for Him , and Jesus saved me and made me righteous, not water or baptism rituals ceremonys

Do you really think that Jesus would ever live in a heart that denies the bible. Jesus said to be baptized (in water) to wash away sins (Acts 22:16; Acts 8:36-37; 1 Peter 3:19-21). The cleansing is spiritual, not physical (1 Peter 3:21). It is obeying the Lord and generating the "new birth". The heart that does not listen to Jesus on the matter of baptism is calling Him a liar. He said to be baptized. The apostles never questioned preaching the essentially of being immersed in water for the remission of sins. You aught to listen to the Bible instead of your friends on this link. They don't have to answer for you. You'll answer for yourself on this point. And, at the judgement bar of Christ is not the place to come having not listened to Him.

JustAChristian

There are but two passages of Scripture that tell us how one gets into Christ. In Rom. 6:3 Paul wrote, "Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?" Again he wrote, "For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ" (Gal. 3:27). How does one get into Christ? Paul's answer -- one is "baptized into Christ." There is no other way into Christ! We get into Christ in precisely the same way that we get into the one body (1 Cor. 12:13), therefore, being in Christ is the same thing as being in his body, the church. The Lord add to the church only the baptized believers (Acts 2:41-47). He saves only his church (Eph 5:23) Strive to be apart of that great number, His church.

JustAChristian

Are You A Devil?

Are You A Devil?

Originally posted by dan37
Just are you accusing me of being of the devil?

Jesus once told the Pharisees and scribes: "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it." (John 8:44).

Anyone who distorts the truth and denies the path of salvation that Jesus planted is living of the devil. I have shown you the truth and you have failed to accept it. The mere fact that you have not been able to discredit it tell me that you want accept truth. This is devilish. Either prove "to the fence post" that what I have said is not of God or do what you said your would do and leave the post!

Proposition: Baptism in water for the remission of sins is scriptural and intended for people today.

JustAChristian

c.moore

Re: Understanding Baptism and Obeying.

Re: Understanding Baptism and Obeying.

Originally posted by JustAChristian

Do you really think that Jesus would ever live in a heart that denies the bible. Jesus said to be baptized (in water) to wash away sins (Acts 22:16; Acts 8:36-37; 1 Peter 3:19-21). The cleansing is spiritual, not physical (1 Peter 3:21).

Quote c.moore
When you say this is about a spiritual baptism, then we have the same understanding, praise God in 1 peter 3:21.

You said:
It is obeying the Lord and generating the "new birth". The heart that does not listen to Jesus on the matter of baptism is calling Him a liar. He said to be baptized.

Quote c.moore
Where is this scripture quoting this what you said:The heart that does not listen to Jesus on the matter of baptism is calling Him a liar?????

you said:
The apostles never questioned preaching the essentially of being immersed in water for the remission of sins. You aught to listen to the Bible instead of your friends on this link. They don't have to answer for you. You'll answer for yourself on this point. And, at the judgement bar of Christ is not the place to come having not listened to Him.

Quote c.moore
Joh:1:33: And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

A clue to the meaning of baptism is given by three OT types: the flood (I Pet. 3:19-20), the Red Sea (I Cor. 10:1-2), and circumcision (Col. 2:11-12). These all refer in different ways to the divine covenant, to its provisional fulfillment in a divine act of judgment and grace, and to the coming and definitive fulfillment in the baptism of the cross. The conjunction of water with death and redemption is particularly apt in the case of the first two; the covenantal aspect is more particularly emphasized in the third.
When we come to the action itself, there are many different but interrelated associations. The most obvious is that of washing (Titus 3:5), the cleansing water being linked with the blood of Christ on the one side and the purifying action of the Spirit on the other (see I John 5:6, 8), so that we are brought at once to the divine work of reconciliation. A second is that of initiation, adoption, or, more especially, regeneration (John 3:5), the emphasis again being placed on the operation of the Spirit in virtue of the work of Christ.
These various themes find common focus in the primary thought of baptism (in the destructive, yet also life-giving, power of water) as a drowning and an emergence to new life, i.e., a death and resurrection (Rom. 6:3-4). But here again the true witness of the action is to the work of God in the substitutionary death and resurrection of Christ. This identification with sinners in judgment and renewal is what Jesus accepts when he comes to the baptism of John and fulfills when he takes his place between two thieves on the cross (Luke 12:50). Here we have the real baptism of the NT, which makes possible the baptism of our identification with christ and underlies and is attested by the outward sign. Like preaching and the Lord's Supper, "baptism" is an evangelical word telling us that Christ has died and risen again in our place, so that we are dead and alive again in him, with him, and through him (Rom. 6:4, 11).
Like all preaching, however, baptism carries with it the call to that which we should do in response or correspondence to what Christ has done for us. We, too must make our movement of death and resurrection, not to add to what Christ has done, nor to complete it, nor to compete with it, but in grateful acceptance and application. We do this in three related ways constantly kept before us by our baptism: the initial response of repentance and faith (Gal. 2:20); the lifelong process of mortification and renewal (Eph. 4:22-23); and the final dissolution and resurrection of the body (I Cor. 15). This rich signification of baptism, which is irrespective of the time or manner of baptism, is the primary theme that ought to occupy us in baptismal discussion and preaching. But it must be emphasized continually that this personal acceptance or entry is not independent of the once for all and substitutionary work of Christ, which is the true baptism.
It is forgetfulness of this point which leads to misunderstanding of the so-called grace of baptism. This may be by its virtual denial. Baptism has no grace apart from its psychological effects. It is primarily a sign of something that we do, and its value may be assessed only in explicable religious terms. The fact that spiritual gifts and even faith itself are true gifts of the Holy Spirit, with an element of the mysterious and incalculable, is thus denied.
On the other hand, it may be by distortion or exaggeration. Baptism means the almost automatic infusion of a mysterious substance which accomplishes a miraculous but not very obvious transformation. It is thus to be regarded with awe, and fulfilled as an action of absolute necessity to salvation except in very special cases. The true mystery of the Holy Spirit yields before ecclesiastical magic and theological sophistry.
But when baptismal grace is brought into proper relationship to the work of God, we are helped on the way to a fruitful understanding.
First, and above all, we remember that behind the external action there lies the true baptism, which is that of the shed blood of Christ. Baptismal grace is the grace of this true reality of baptism, i.e., of the substitutionary work of Christ, or of Christ himself. Only in this sense can we legitimately speak of grace, but in this sense we can and must.
Second, we remember that behind the external action there lies the inward operation of the Spirit moving the recipient to faith in Christ's work and accomplishing regeneration to the life of faith. Baptismal grace is the grace of this internal work of the Spirit, which cannot be presumed (for the Spirit is sovereign) but which we dare to believe where there is a true calling on the name of the Lord.
Third, the action itself is divinely ordianed as a means of grace, i.e., a means to present Christ and therefore to fulfill the attesting work of the Spirit. It does not do this by the mere performance of the prescribed rite; it does it in and through its meaning. Nor does it do it alone; its function is primarily to seal and confirm, and therefore it does it in conjunction with the spoken and written word. It need not do it at the time of administration; for, under the gracious sovereignty of the Spirit, its fruition may come at a much later date. It does not do it automatically; for, whereas Christ is always present and his grace remains, there are those who respond to neither word nor sacrament and therefore miss the true and inward meaning and power.
When we think in these terms, we can see that there is and ought to be a real, though not a magical, baptismal grace which is not affected greatly by the detailed time or mode of administration. The essentials are that we use it (1) to present Christ, (2) in prayer to the Holy Spirit, (3) in trustful dependence upon his sovereign work, and (4) in conjunction with the spoken word. Restored to this evangelical use, and freed especially from distorting and unhelpful controversy, baptism might quickly manifest again its power as a summons to live increasingly, or even to begin to live, the life which is ours in Christ crucified and risen for us.

let God bless you:)

c.moore

Quote c.moore

Quote justAchristian
You didn't read Isaiah 59:1-2 before you made that statement, did you?

Yes, I did but I ran into these scriptures also.

Isa:59:1: Behold, the LORD's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:
Isa:59:2: But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

Isa:64:6: But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

But where does the sin start from?

the bible says:psalms:51:5: Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

How can you commit sin coming out of your mother stomack??????

M't:15:19: For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies

Ge:6:5: And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
Psalms:53:3: Every one of them is gone back: they are altogether become filthy; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Ro:5:14: Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression,

even over them that had not sinned .even over them that had not sinned ,even over them that had not sinned .

Sorry the bible got stucked here.

You said:
Jesus obeyed his mission to die on the cross. By this he provided a way of salvation for "whosoever will". His obedience does not negate our need to obey unto salvation. You want it this way, but that is never going to happen

Quote c.moore
You say we need to obey to get unto salvation, but we obey because we Love the Lord Jesus, but not to be a jimmy just give me.
The first love is the reason why we what to please the Lord and be faithful, and obedient, but not to get a good report card from heaven with conduct A.

You said:
We are sinners because we sin. Sin is the transgression of the Law of God (1 John 3:4). It is not something you are born with. Calvinist believe that, but sin is not inherited.

Quote C.moore
I don`t care about calvinist theology , I care what the bible says:

Ro:5:14: Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression,

even over them that had not sinned .even over them that had not sinned ,even over them that had not sinned .

Sorry the bible got stucked here.

You said:
Well, I know this Bible is not in error (err) and there is the possibility that I have often been in error, but if I could understand what your point is perhaps I could fully answer your question.

Quote c.moore
My point is, can`t you see what the bible is saying???Ro:5:14: Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression,

But JustAchristian adds to the bible that we must first sin, and work and earn our curse through our own sins,like we have to do to get righteous.

You said:
I strive to always admit the truth. Man is a sinner because he sins. He is lost because he sinned.

This is not what Roman is saying , our does the bible contradict itself?????????????????????????????????

You said Quote:
C.moore, You are not going to find a single statement where I have said water saves. The Bible says Noah and his family was saved by water, but it was not baptism. It was the water separating them from sin.

Quote C.moore
No , How can the water save, and where is this found this scripture water saves???

I see that the boat is what saves, and everyone in,in in the boat was saved, and everything outside the boat was destroyed but water, so basically the water itself was death,or the gas chamber.

That why we are save IN, In, IN, Jesus, and Jesusis in us, and we are protect as long as Jesus lives in us, just as Noah was protected as long as they stayed in the boat.
That why we need to put our trust in Jesus, and we are SAVED.

What do you think the boat was fore if you keep saying water saves????????
Noah could not walk on the water like peter, or do you have a bible no one knows about????????

I`ll stop here, and wait for the answers you will come up with.
I got to see this, and I know others will what to see where you are coming from.
This thread has been going to long and it time to really bring out the truth.
There is only one truth, either true or lie,recieved or decieved.

peace

I have always said that baptism saves. Do you see that? Baptism saves! Now, get off you hobby horse on that subject and read some truth in what I say.

Quote c.moore

HopeofGlory

Baptism into the body is not with water!

Baptism into the body is not with water!

JustAChristian

No where is it found in scripture that Jesus commanded "water" baptism and He most assuredly did not command a "new" water baptism. Baptism in "water" is found many times in scripture but when water is not contextual then baptism may have other implications. You must not say thus saith the Lord when the Lord has not said!

My point is this, you have to see all that the "LORD" said about a subject before you say thus saith the Lord.

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15 (KJV)
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. Mark 16:16 (KJV)

Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matt. 28:20 (KJV)

If we back up and see what the Lord actually "commanded" we will see He never commanded "water" baptism!!! He spoke of Spirit baptism.

A "new" testament for remission that superceded the old!

Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. John 6:53 (KJV)
Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. John 6:54 (KJV)

It is the spirit that quickeneth; """the flesh profiteth nothing""": the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. John 6:63 (KJV)
But """"there are some of you that believe not""". For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him. John 6:64 (KJV)

For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence. Acts 1:5 (KJV)

The context in which the Lord is speaking is....

1- A new testament of remission by blood, an offering of eternal life.

2- The words He spoke of it are spirit and life eternal.

3-The words would quicken us and the flesh (man) profiteth nothing.

4-Ye shall be baptized with the Spirit in contrast to water.

Now I ask you, Where did the apostles at Pentecost teach these things that the Lord commanded them????

Also consider this verse....

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to """drink""" into one Spirit. 1 Cor. 12:13 (KJV)

In Christ
Craig

elected4ever

wont to be a christian, I will not call you Just a christian any more. That is one thing you are not. You are a lier. You distort the word for your own purposses. No act you commit will ever make you one, water baptism accepted. You are just a wont to be but you denight the grace that will save you. You are of your father the devil and cause the faith to be evil spoken of.