Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Re: Biblical blinders

Re: Biblical blinders

Originally posted by ThePhy
Care to show what makes your understanding the right one, and the thousands of others wrong?
Sure, no problem. Because Romans 1:18 says that people like you "suppress the truth in unrighteousness," all anyone has to do is observe which interpretation of scripture causes people like you to freak out.

For example, the organization People United for the Separation of Church and State don't want a committed, dedicated, sold-out for God Christian pastor running for the presidency of the United States. Right? Can I get agreement on this? I don't think anyone would argue with that assertion.

But wait! Comes now the REVEREND Jesse Jackson. Comes now the REVEREND Al Sharpton. Where is the hysteria? Where are the cries of a violation of the separation of church and state if a Christian reverend wins the election? The non Christians at the People United for the Separation of Church and State know full well that those 2 imposters don't represent BIBLICAL Christianity. They don't represent the TRUTH. And that is why their beliefs are unapposed by people like you. You "suppress the truth in unrighteousness" but since those 2 reverends bring up very little truth, you find no desire to suppress what they say.

There are a hundred different sects that claim the name of "Christian." But most of those sects, like the Mormons, the Jehovah's Witnesses, The Way International, and the dozens of liberal denominations that people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton attend don't bother you a bit. Do you log on to their forums and debate their view of scripture? I hardly know you at all but I can guarantee you the answer to that question is "No."

All anyone has to do to know which interpretation of the Bible is true is to observe which ONE interpretation out of hundreds the God haters most vehemently oppose. It's easy.

elected4ever

Romans 1:18 _For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

John 5:19 _Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
20 _For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.
21 _For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.
22 _For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
23 _That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
24 _Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

It seems to me that you, being a Muslim have nothing to say about any child of God seeing you do not know God and have taken unto yourself a false prophet that denies the true son of god . You and the others are lier's and your father is the father of lies and the deeds of your father you will do. None of you have any standing to accuse the brethren of anything sense you no nothing of what you speak.

John 14:6 _Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
7 _If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also

jhodgeiii

Re: Re: Biblical blinders

Originally posted by Jefferson

All anyone has to do to know which interpretation of the Bible is true is to observe which ONE interpretation out of hundreds the God haters most vehemently oppose. It's easy.

I think there is truth to this. The world welcomely tolerates Christians who reject the literal interpretation of the Bible (Rev. Jackson, Rev. Sharpton, Jimmy Carter, etc.). By constrast, those Christians who are fundamentalists (those who literally interpret the Bible as fundamental to Christian life and teaching) are openly chastised and demeaned (for the most part, the so-called, yet pseudo-corporate religious right) by the very same champions of tolerance. :nono:

This is consistent with the words of Jesus in Matthew 10:

Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man's enemies will be the members of his household.

Those who are His will be hated by the world.

Zakath

Resident Atheist

Originally posted by Jefferson
But wait! Comes now the REVEREND Jesse Jackson. Comes now the REVEREND Al Sharpton. Where is the hysteria?
Don't forget the (former) Reverend Pat Robertson... :chuckle:

There are a hundred different sects that claim the name of "Christian."
Over 33,000 worldwide, actually.

But there's so many of your little sects, it's getting hard to keep track of which one of you believes what...

ThePhy

I note that the Rev. Enyart has found time to post about 40 times since this thread was last touched. So he has time to respond to TOL threads that catch his interest. So I am pinging this in hopes that he will use a bit of that TOL posting effort giving answer to the issues still floating in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.