Faith to believe on Christ !

Epoisses

2 Pet 1:1

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

Peter in this scripture does inform us where precious Faith comes from ! Its certainly not of ourselves Eph 2:8.

It comes in or with the Righteousness of God and Our Saviour, this Righteousness is the free gift that Christ purchased and bestows upon all for whom He died Rom 5:17

For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ)

This Righteousness as well as that referred to in 2 Pet 1:1 is the imparted Righteousness of Christ we receive at New Birth. It is through this imparted or communicated Righteousness at New Birth we receive of, that with it we are given precious Faith.

Peter goes on to say 2 Pet 1:3-4

3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Faith or precious Faith is of the many things Given to us by New Birth which gives us to live a life of godliness !

So 2 Pet 1:1 is but another scripture that proves biblically that Faith is the product of New Birth, partaking experimentally of the Divine Nature !

Jesus demanded faith from every person that he performed miracles for. Faith is a gift from God and the Holy Spirit but it can be exercised or hid under a bushel.

The new birth happens in the lives of some and not others. This is proof that even in our sinful state we can still exercise faith and surrender to the Holy Spirit or resist and die. This is not proof that God predestined some to salvation and not others.

As I already said you make Jesus into a liar with this belief. How could he command us to love our enemies when he himself was not even willing to die for his enemies (non-elect). Calvinism turns a loving and just savior into a bigoted tyrant who treats sinners with disdain.

beloved57

They that believed on His Name ! But why ?

Jn 1:12-13

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

They that believed on His Name, did so, because #1 It had been given to them to believe on Him for His Sake Phil :29

29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

And #2 Because they had been born of God. " They were Spiritual offspring

The word born in the greek is γεννάω passive indicative and it means:

I beget, bring forth, give birth to

properly, beget (procreate a descendant), produce offspring; (passive) be born, "begotten."

They were born of God passively in order to believe on His Name, because its commanded 1 Jn 3:23

23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

Now this is True,[ that they were born passively in order to believe on His Name because its commanded] because by nature they would be only of the flesh [not having been born again] and in that condition we cannot ,please God or be subject to His Commands Rom 8:7-8

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law/command of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

And Believing on God's Son is pleasing God 1 Jn 3:2-23

22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

Who in their right mind can deny that keeping the commandment to believe on the Name of God's Son is pleasing in God's sight from this passage ! Which pleasing man cannot do in the flesh Rom 8:8.

Also Faith is pleasing to God Heb 11:6

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

But this cannot be done if we are merely in the flesh, Hence, that's why to believe in His Name, one must have been born of God Jn 1:12-13 !

Last edited:

beloved57

Zech 12:10 New Birth before Faith !

Zech 12:10

10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

It appears clear from this text that faith to look to see the Son Jn 6:40 and godly sorrow unto repentance 2 Cor 7:10, that these are the effects of the Spirit being poured out upon them in regeneration and new birth which we are saved by like stated in Titus 3:5-6

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

6 Which he shed [poured] on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

Last edited:

beloved57

Faith , Blessings of His Death !

The Blessings of Christ death for those He did die for and in behalf of, will cause them to believe in Him, For believing in Christ is given to them He died for, on His Behalf Phil 1:29. God makes them believe as promised here Zep 3:12

12 I will also leave in the midst of thee an afflicted and poor people, and they shall trust in the name of the Lord.

And Romans 15:12

12 And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.

Or in Him shall the gentiles seek as in Faith. The word Trust is the same word hope as in Heb 11:1,6

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Last edited:

OMEGA

1. God and Jesus Christ are righteousness and want you to be Righteous too.

2. You are righteous when baptism washes your Past Sins away.

3. Jesus did righteousness all his Life and we must do that too.

This Righteousness as well as that referred to in 2 Pet 1:1 is
the imparted Righteousness of Christ we receive at New Birth.
It is through this imparted or communicated Righteousness at
New Birth we receive of, that with it we are given precious
Faith.

-----------Sounds NICE BUT NO CIGAR--:cigar:.---------

Peter goes on to say 2 Pet 1:3-4

3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things
that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of
him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

--What did HE give to US. === His MIND to help us Overcome our Proclivity to Sin !!---

1Co 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord,

But we have the mind of Christ.

partakers of the divine nature == WE ARE GOING TO BE GODS.----"YE ARE GODS."-SONS OF THE MOST HIGH."

Faith or precious Faith is of the many things Given to us by
New Birth which gives us to live a life of godliness !

-------???????????????????--------

So 2 Pet 1:1 is but another scripture that proves biblically
that Faith is the product of New Birth, partaking
experimentally of the Divine Nature !

---- WRONG === faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

------Ro 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written,
16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

beloved57

Faith in God and Christ is a matter of Mercy !

Faith in God and Christ is a matter of Mercy !

Rom 11:32

32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Faith in God and Christ is a matter of Mercy , in other words, in order to become a believer in Christ for Salvation, we must obtain Mercy, or God must have Mercy on us. Paul says 1 Tim 12-13

12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;

13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

Salvation is undeserved, Faith in Christ is undeserved, and God's Mercy finds us in unbelief or disobedience and ignorance !

Paul is saying nothing nothing different than what he wrote here to the Romans Rom 11:30-32

30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy[To believe] through their unbelief:

31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy[To believe].

32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

This shows us actually that instead of of faith or believing being conditions one must meet to become saved or to get mercy, instead being in unbelief and disobedience is the condition one must be in to obtain mercy that saves us. That we are saved by Mercy is Taught here Titus 3:5

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Many adversaries of the Truth will say that God does not save unbelievers, but in fact what has been just testified to in scripture proves, evidences that He does, for if He did not, there would be no need of His Mercy, and there would never be any believers, for believers are unbelievers saved by God's Mercy !

beloved57

Eph 2:8

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Religionists, no matter what, believe that Salvation is of themselves. However, that Faith is not of man that believeth, but by the Grace and Power of God, can not be more plainer than here written in Rom 11:18-20

18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.

20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

The standing by Faith is not anything we do, so it excludes boasting, as something man does as a condition to get saved ! Faith is part of the grafting in procedure that God does. Yes Vs 18 above excludes boasting for faith as well as Eph 2:9

The only way one can stand by faith is by God's Ability, not by the flesh. The word stand in Vs 20 is the greek word histēmi:

to cause or make to stand, to place, put, set

So they were caused or made to stand by Faith !

The same word is used here Rom 14:4

4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

God is able and does enable according to His Purpose, those He so desires to stand by Faith as in Rom 11:20

20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

That should humble us, but it doesn't, because religionists erroneously believe the faith they stand by is of themselves, which makes them boasters !

beloved57

Jn 17:19-20 He Prays for Faith !

Jn 17:19-20 He Prays for Faith !

Jn 17:19-20

19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

Even though many do not realize it here, but Jesus is praying that all for whom He died, which is the meaning of sanctifying Himself here, He prays is praying for them to receive the Gift of Faith, and this petition of Christ is the primary reason all for whom He died shall be Sanctified by the Spirit of Truth unto the Belief of the Truth 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Folks it is impossible for anyone that Christ died for, whom He sanctified Himself for Jn 17:19-20, for them not to by the Work of the Spirit, believe the Truth of the word of Truth, if so, then His petition here in Jn 17:19-20 as well as His Death were of no avail. However His Death does ensure that all for whom He died has true Light communicated unto them Jn 1:9

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man[Whom He died for] that cometh into the world.

The word lighteth here is the greek word phōtizō and means:

) to give light, to shine

2) to enlighten, light up, illumine

3) to bring to light, render evident

a) to cause something to exist and thus come to light and become clear to all

4) to enlighten, spiritually, imbue with saving knowledge

a) to instruct, to inform, teach

b) to give understanding to

This is also what Paul means here 2 Cor 4:6

For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Thats the True Light of Jn 1:9 that gives the Knowledge of Christ through the Gospel, a Saving Knowledge which Faith is an component of !

beloved57

Jn 17:19-20 He Prays for Faith ! 2

Jn 17:19-20 He Prays for Faith ! 2

A quick recap, the Lord Jesus Christ in Jn 17:19-20 in His Petition statement that by His sanctifying Himself [by death] that they whom He is dying for may as a result be Sanctified through the Truth See Vs 17 too ! In this statement Jesus is petitioning their Faith and belief of the Truth. There basically is no difference in their being Sanctified through the Truth or being Sanctified by Faith Acts 26:18

18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Yes, this here is the effect of what Jesus requested in Jn 17:19-20 !

Its the Spirit that accomplishes this work on behalf of Christ's death and its accomplishment, for He is sent into the world Christ died for by the Father and through Christ, and to them He is a Spirit of Truth that the world at large cannot receive Jn 14:17

Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

That being the world that Christ did not pray for Jn 17:9 and so did not die for ! But for that World he died for and prayed for He is sent as the Spirit of Truth Jn 16:13

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you [The Church, His Body] into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

He to them brings the Spirit of Faith 2 Cor 4:13

We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

Notice here, the Spirit of Faith precedes believing what is written. The Gospel is composed of things that had been written as in scripture See 1 Cor 15:3-4 !

So thats why a Sanctification of the Spirit is necessary and given to the Elect, those Christ died for, unto the Belief or Faith in the Truth 2 Thess 2:13-14

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel
, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

If one is not experimentally Set apart by the Spirit, producing in them the fruit of Faith Gal 5:22, they will never in a savingly way believe the Gospel Truth ! But all whom Christ sanctified Himself in behalf shall believe it ! Jn 18:37

37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

Jn 10:16

And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

beloved57

Chosen to Believe the Truth !

Chosen to Believe the Truth !

All those who have been Chosen to Salvation from the beginning, they have also been Chosen to Faith or Belief of the Truth 2 Thess 2:13

Therefore all them Whom God Chosen in Christ before the foundation Eph 1:4 shall be given Faith to believe the Truth, no ifs buts, or maybes about it, its sure ! This is an indictment against any and all who teach that no one is Chosen to Believe the Truth in Fact thats why its called the Faith of God's Elect Titus 1:1, for Faith and Election go hand and hand !

beloved57

Before we can believe the Gospel !

Before we can believe the Gospel !

1 Cor 4:3-4

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Before any person can savingly believe the Glorious Gospel of God, he or she must first be rescued or delivered out of the power of satan and his darkness, which blinds the minds of them which believe not.

Acts 26:18

18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Col 1:13

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Thats deliverance from unbelief, being delivered from the power of darkness !

The word darkness is the greek word skotos:

darkness

a) of night darkness

b) of darkened eyesight or blindness

2) metaph.

a) of ignorance respecting divine things and human duties, and the accompanying ungodliness and immorality, together with their consequent misery in hell

b) persons in whom darkness becomes visible and holds sway

Its this blindness one must be delivered from, blinded by satan, the god of this world 2 Cor 4:3-4

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

We must be delivered from that blindness of mind before we can believe the Glorious Gospel.

Now either God delivered us or we delivered ourselves. If we say we believed before we were saved and in order to get saved, then we believe we saved ourselves out of the power of darkness and bondage of satan !

beloved57

Precious Faith

Precious Faith

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

The religionist are always boasting about their faith, as if precious Faith is that which man contributes as an act of theirs to secure their salvation, for that is such pride and boastful arrogance. The word describing faith here is precious, its the greek word isotimos which means:

equally precious

2) equally honoured, to be esteemed equal to

Its made up of Two root words isos:

equal, in quantity or quality

and timē:

valuing by which the price is fixed

a) of the price itself

b) of the price paid or received for a person or thing bought or sold

2) honour which belongs or is shown to one

a) of the honour which one has by reason of rank and state of office which he holds

The emphasis is on the value of the Faith and the like privilege of the Faith

It can also read:

From Simeon Peter, a slave and apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ, have been granted a faith just as precious as ours.

b) deference, reverence

Notice that precious is an adjective describing faith, and to be sure there is nothing precious or of value in the flesh of man, the natural man. Jesus says Jn 6:63

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Rom 3:12

12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable or good for nothing; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Now does man , who in the flesh, as pertaining to godward things, is good for nothing, does that sound like precious Faith, which believes on Christ, comes from the flesh ? God forbid, thats Blasphemy.

The Truth be told is this, Precious Faith can never, not in a trillion years, be found in one who is flesh, dead in trespasses and sins, what can possible be Precious about such a one or in such a one ? Matt 23:27

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

Jess said this to perhaps the most moral and religious people of His Day. He once said of them from a human moral perspective Matt 5:20

For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Their lives outwardly and unto men appeared as beautiful outward, thats what successful religion does, it impresses men naturally !

But none of that foolishness impresses God, and none of it is precious in His Sight, or of any Value, and whatever type faith comes of it, is no more than that of a devil !

TheWingsOfWisdom

BANNED
Banned
For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

How do you know if your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees?

beloved57

Precious Faith 2

Precious Faith 2

Therefore, Precious Faith that has to do with Salvation, with Faith in the Messiah, its obtained or received by being a alloted Gift of God, and that only to His Elect !

The CJB:

To: Those who, through the righteousness of our God and of our Deliverer Yeshua the Messiah, have been given the same kind of trust as ours:

The ERV:

Greetings from Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ.

To all of you who share in the same valuable faith that we have. This faith was given to us because our God and Savior Jesus Christ always does what is good and right.

The GNT:

To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have been given a faith as precious as ours:

Its an Gift of God Eph 2:8; Titus 1:1-2; The word obtained in 2 Pet 1:11 is lagchano:

obtain (receive) by lot, my lot (turn) is, (b) I draw lots.

to receive by divine allotment

Now lets understand what an allotment is. The word is not in scripture, but the word lot is See Ps 16:5.

The english word means:

to assign as a portion,the part of an estate that goes to an heir or a next of kin,to furnish with a portion, as with an inheritance or a dowry

Precious Believing Faith is an portion of an assigned Inheritance.

A Family Inheritance, and it that sense its a Gift Bestowed on the Heirs of that Inheritance.

Now what this means is that Faith is an alloted Gift, a portion of an Inheritance, to all the Heirs of Promise Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. or

Children of Promise Rom 9:8

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

And all the Heirs or Seed obtain by allotment Precious Faith through the Righteousness of their God Man Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ 2 Pet 1:1

TheWingsOfWisdom

BANNED
Banned
Therefore, Precious Faith that has to do with Salvation, with Faith in the Messiah, its obtained or received by being a alloted Gift of God, and that only to His Elect !

The CJB:

To: Those who, through the righteousness of our God and of our Deliverer Yeshua the Messiah, have been given the same kind of trust as ours:

The ERV:

Greetings from Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ.

To all of you who share in the same valuable faith that we have. This faith was given to us because our God and Savior Jesus Christ always does what is good and right.

The GNT:

To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have been given a faith as precious as ours:

Its an Gift of God Eph 2:8; Titus 1:1-2; The word obtained in 2 Pet 1:11 is lagchano:

obtain (receive) by lot, my lot (turn) is, (b) I draw lots.

to receive by divine allotment

Now lets understand what an allotment is. The word is not in scripture, but the word lot is See Ps 16:5.

The english word means:

to assign as a portion,the part of an estate that goes to an heir or a next of kin,to furnish with a portion, as with an inheritance or a dowry

Precious Believing Faith is an portion of an assigned Inheritance.

A Family Inheritance, and it that sense its a Gift Bestowed on the Heirs of that Inheritance.

Now what this means is that Faith is an alloted Gift, a portion of an Inheritance, to all the Heirs of Promise Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. or

Children of Promise Rom 9:8

And all the Heirs or Seed obtain by allotment Precious Faith through the Righteousness of their God Man Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ 2 Pet 1:1

When you watch grown men play the game of football do you do it in FAITH IN CHRIST?