'Nother Newbster

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I'm new. I'm introducing myself. :cool: (PneumaPsucheSoma = SpiritSoulBody). For short, PPS will do. :)

I'm a reconciliationist and non-dichotomist regarding the vast plethora of sectarian divisions of doctrine. There is only one central truth on any/all doctrinal topics. Only objective truth is relevant; subjective opinion is only relevant to the extent it is in accord with objective truth. That will be reflected in my posting, especially in reference to Theology Proper. My style is "heavy" with vocab and lexical Greek in conversation. I don't despise simplicity unless it's an excuse for a lack of stewardship or scholarship. The inverse is appreciated. I DO despise inequities such as double standards. And response is NOT initiative. Please don't assign my responses as me initiating anything, as that's an inequity.

I'm a non-/anti-Trinitarian, but seek discussion and reconciliation according to biblical exegesis. F/S/HS are all distinct, all eternal, all uncreated, all non-modal Deity by subsistence; but God is NOT three hypostases/one ousia (three "persons"/one "being") as a Trinity. All historical God-models can be reconciled to the one central biblical truth of God's constitution, including Trinitarianism, Binitarianism, Unitarianism, Arianism, and the various forms of Modalism and modern Oneness.

And I'm none of the above, so please don't refer to me as such; even if you can't understand whatever I say or present. Take my word for it... I know what the forms of Modalism are, and I'm not one. I know what the various schools of Gnosticism teach, and I'm not any one of them.

For both of you who love me already... muah. For those who don't care for me already... touche'. Jesus Christ is God and Savior; the Logos; God manifest in the flesh.

Last edited:

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Welcome to TOL. I am not a scholar. I know as much Greek as a flower which nonetheless shines forth in all of God's glory.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
That's a good start.

Welcome to TOL.

Thank you, Tambora. I've read a number of your posts while lurking before joining. :)

Regardless of any discrepancies, my adamant affirmation of Jesus Christ as ontological Deity ought to garner some measure of mutuality.

I'm sure I'll see you on the Theology Proper-type threads. :cool:

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Welcome to TOL. I am not a scholar. I know as much Greek as a flower which nonetheless shines forth in all of God's glory.

Thank you Eeset. Greek scholarship is neither required nor to be disdained. The Gospel is simple, but God is inherently not. Simple works. Complex works. They both have their boundaries. Neither should be substituted for the other.

Doctrine isn't necessarily salvific.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm new. I'm introducing myself. :cool: (PneumaPsucheSoma = SpiritSoulBody). For short, PPS will do. :)

I'm a reconciliationist and non-dichotomist regarding the vast plethora of sectarian divisions of doctrine. There is only one central truth on any/all doctrinal topics. Only objective truth is relevant; subjective opinion is only relevant to the extent it is in accord with objective truth. That will be reflected in my posting, especially in reference to Theology Proper. My style is "heavy" with vocab and lexical Greek in conversation. I don't despise simplicity unless it's an excuse for a lack of stewardship or scholarship. The inverse is appreciated. I DO despise inequities such as double standards. And response is NOT initiative. Please don't assign my responses as me initiating anything, as that's an inequity.

I'm a non-/anti-Trinitarian, but seek discussion and reconciliation according to biblical exegesis. F/S/HS are all distinct, all eternal, all uncreated, all non-modal Deity by subsistence; but God is NOT three hypostases/one ousia (three "persons"/one "being") as a Trinity. All historical God-models can be reconciled to the one central biblical truth of God's constitution, including Trinitarianism, Binitarianism, Unitarianism, Arianism, and the various forms of Modalism and modern Oneness.

And I'm none of the above, so please don't refer to me as such; even if you can't understand whatever I say or present. Take my word for it... I know what the forms of Modalism are, and I'm not one. I know what the various schools of Gnosticism teach, and I'm not any one of them.

For both of you who love me already... muah. For those who don't care for me already... touche'. Jesus Christ is God and Savior; the Logos; God manifest in the flesh.

Hmm.

Welcome to TOL!

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Okay, PPS it is.

However, if I find you endearing I might call you PoPS. :)

LOL. That would be great! Since I tend to always challenge the status quo and I'm given to dry humor and biting sarcasm at times, you may be one who finds that endearing.

I was just reading your thread on the devil and jumped back over here.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
hehe!

I'm just glad you have a sense of humor.
So many are either overly sensitive or overly cocky.
Both kinda spoil the fun.

I can be intensely serious AND silly. I'm pretty sturdy, so not too sensitive. I usually absorb a lot of ad hominem with my style. That dampens the fun factor.

I like mutual pursuit of truth with respect over indoctrinated views and rote dogma. And there has to always be room for good-natured self-depricating laughter.