Kett's SPOTD 04/10/2013--way 2 go knocks it out of the park again!

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Way 2 go knocks the ball out of the park with this gem of a post.
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset"> Originally Posted by IMJerusha
David confessed to God and repented, or did you miss that part?
</td></tr></tbody></table>
he confessed but didn't repent. was he sorry ? yes

2Sa 12:13 David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the LORD." And Nathan said to David, "The LORD also has put away your sin; you shall not die.

Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset"> Originally Posted by IMJerusha
If David had not turned away from his sin, God would not have forgiven him. Do you believe confession and repentance to be work?
he was done murdering and he married Bathsheba

Quote:
2Sa 12:13 David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the LORD." And Nathan said to David, "The LORD also has put away your sin; you shall not die. Move along to 2Samuel 12:14 "But because by doing this you have shown utter contempt for the Lord, the son born to you will die.” Would you call that judgement for disobedience? I sure would.
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset"> IMJerushapost#82
Grace has never covered and will never cover willful disobedience or dishonoring God. </td></tr></tbody></table>
your version of judgement would be a loss of salvation for David

Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset"> #318
Originally Posted by way 2 go
if you don't keep the law you lose your salvation ?
Quote:
Do you think it wise to ignore what God has written on our hearts? We can throw our salvation away through disobedience

and rebellion.

Quote:
Try the whole thought process for context: "Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness. For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace."
should have started here
Rom 6:11 So you also must consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus.

We Christians don't need the law we have the spirit of God for our guide

Gal 5:18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.

Quote:
Answer this question: does grace identify sin for us or does the Law identify it? Let Paul answer the question: Romans 7:7 -- "What shall we say, then? Is the law sinful? Certainly not! Nevertheless, I would not have known what sin was had it not been for the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, “You shall not covet.”
keep reading as you or I would say
Rom 7:8 But sin, seizing an opportunity through the commandment, produced in me all kinds of covetousness. For apart from the law, sin lies dead.

Rom 7:10 The very commandment that promised life proved to be death to me.

Quote:
Answer this question: does grace identify sin for us or does the Law identify it?
the law is for unbelievers to make sin more sinful
the spirit is for believers
do you want believers to become more sinful ?

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is: love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 meekness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

or

Rom 7:5 For when we were in the flesh, the passions of sin worked in our members through the law to bring forth fruit to death.
Rom 7:6 But now we having been set free from the Law, having died to that in which we were held, so that we serve in newness of spirit and not in oldness of the letter.

the law kills the spirit gives life :carryon:

Congrats way 2 go

IMJerusha

Great form Way2Go but you didn't convince me that my obedience to God out of love and honor of Him is wrong...because it's not.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
One cannot be full of Grace and disobey God.

Yes, that was a good post way 2 go.