The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aimiel

The thing that those who read Urantia don't realize is that it isn't from above. Urantia is a complete work of fiction (read: LIES) authored in hell and communicated through a human by a demon(s). The half-truths are the same as whole lies except for one small difference: they SEEM to be Truth.

Proverbs 14:12
There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Proverbs 16:25
There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Progressive evolution.............

Progressive evolution.............

(1457.2) 132:1.3 "Unless the moral insight and the spiritual attainment of mankind are proportionately augmented, the unlimited advancement of a purely materialistic culture may eventually become a menace to civilization. A purely materialistic science harbors within itself the potential seed of the destruction of all scientific striving, for this very attitude presages the ultimate collapse of a civilization which has abandoned its sense of moral values and has repudiated its spiritual goal of attainment."

The materialistic scientist and the extreme idealist are destined always to be at loggerheads. This is not true of those scientists and idealists who are in possession of a common standard of high moral values and spiritual test levels. In every age scientists and religionists must recognize that they are on trial before the bar of human need. They must eschew all warfare between themselves while they strive valiantly to justify their continued survival by enhanced devotion to the service of human progress. If the so-called science or religion of any age is false, then must it either purify its activities or pass away before the emergence of a material science or spiritual religion of a truer and more worthy order."

Caino

:thumb:

The UB Fellowship

pj

Aimiel

Jesus is The One and Only Truth about God. All others are thieves and robbers.

2 Timothy 4:2-4
King James Version (KJV)
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

http://withchrist.org/urantia.htm

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
recap.....

recap.....

Jesus is The One and Only Truth about God. All others are thieves and robbers.

The UB agrees and upholds Jesus as the way, truth and life, after all He is the Creator-Son, and Sovereign Lord of this very universe. Jesus is wholly proclaimed with Part 4 being a most complete record of the life, death, resurrection and ascension of Jesus. One has to understand the theology in the papers to see how this is so.

I believe I've taken on this article before in our older UB thread, no longer extant,...as it has its typical 'polemics' and some distorted assumptions in the wake of its zeal to condemn and demonize.

The UB expounds all the universal truths and principles of the Bible and accentuates the living truth and ideals towards their higher cosmic context and conclusion, in view of man's progressive evolution and ultimate destiny of spiritual ascension. Those willing to take the time to investigate, can discover the truth for themselves -

*Introduction to the UB for Conservative Christians

*Introductory Articles

Why not be free to enjoy all 'God' is...and all 'God' has? :)

How do you know that 'God' has not revealed his glorious Being to and thru others? Who or what can 'contain' or 'detain' God? His eternality/infinity/supremacy/ultimacy/ommipresence....is all-pervading.

Truly, 'God' is awesome.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Progressive Revelation.....

Progressive Revelation.....

Sorry, but half-truth = no truth. It is all lies.

Readers here can investigate the dialogue and resource links to see what the Urantia Papers are all about for themselves. That's the beauty of free enterprise. The universal truths, ideals and principles expounded upon in the papers ever hold. Differences are only in certain details, Christology, soteriology and eschatology when compared to traditional/orthodox Christian doctrines/dogma.

Expanding one's concept of 'God' and the 'cosmos' can be a wonderful thing, if one is so brave to move out beyond their religious confines and see that there is a greater cosmic vision and stream of progressive revelation. This may mean that some older concepts, beliefs and ideas about 'God' and the way of salvation may have to be modified, reconsidered or discarded entirely. No matter how its 'wrapping' or 'decoration' comes,...truth remains consistent, although different forms and conceptual models may arise to present it.

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
(2084.1) 195:10.1 Christianity has indeed done a great service for this world, but what is now most needed is Jesus. The world needs to see Jesus living again on earth in the experience of spirit-born mortals who effectively reveal the Master to all men. It is futile to talk about a revival of primitive Christianity; you must go forward from where you find yourselves. Modern culture must become spiritually baptized with a new revelation of Jesus’ life and illuminated with a new understanding of his gospel of eternal salvation. And when Jesus becomes thus lifted up, he will draw all men to himself. Jesus’ disciples should be more than conquerors, even overflowing sources of inspiration and enhanced living to all men. Religion is only an exalted humanism until it is made divine by the discovery of the reality of the presence of God in personal experience.

Caino

Aimiel

Readers here can investigate the dialogue and resource links to see what the Urantia Papers are all about for themselves. That's the beauty of free enterprise. The universal truths, ideals and principles expounded upon in the papers ever hold. Differences are only in certain details, Christology, soteriology and eschatology when compared to traditional/orthodox Christian doctrines/dogma.
I don't believe that a Christian ought to seek for ANYTHING outside The Holy Scriptures to expound upon God's Word, as It is written. It only needs one's understanding, which is found in the life experiences of those who've gotten close to The Lord or descriptions of how they applied His Word but to expand (add to The Holy Scriptures) can only be heresy. God will give prophecy and new revelation, but it will ALWAYS line up with His Holy Word.
Expanding one's concept of 'God' and the 'cosmos' can be a wonderful thing, if one is so brave to move out beyond their religious confines and see that there is a greater cosmic vision and stream of progressive revelation.
No. That's how one falls off the narrow way that leads to life: looking for new info or new revelation. God will deliver that through His Holy Prophets, as He wills, but we are not to seek for things which are outside His Word to reveal new or 'better' deals than what He has revealed. There is only ONE Gospel and it is only found in The Holy Bible.
This may mean that some older concepts, beliefs and ideas about 'God' and the way of salvation may have to be modified, reconsidered or discarded entirely.
No. His Gospel is eternal.

John 6:68
Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

Your demon(s) who revealed Urania don't have it. Only Jesus Who is Christ. Only His Blood can redeem. All the other panaceas do not work. They don't even rinse away small sins. The Blood blots ALL of them out, forever.
No matter how its 'wrapping' or 'decoration' comes,...truth remains consistent, although different forms and conceptual models may arise to present it.
No. If God reveals anything new (as I've already said) it will line up with and agree with His Holy Word.

Aimiel

Christianity has indeed done a great service for this world, but what is now most needed is Jesus.
All this world will ever see of Jesus is us...

1 John 3:2
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

We are living examples of Him. Some of us do better than others. Some of us do a very poor job. We are His representatives in this earth. We are citizens of Heaven. We live in paradise. We are to bring this world to His Feet. We are to bring His enemies before Him and make them His Footstool.

Hebrews 10:12-14

But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; from henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

We are perfected. We are anointed. All we have to do is learn to walk as He did. We need to take up our cross, daily, and follow Him.
The world needs to see Jesus living again on earth in the experience of spirit-born mortals who effectively reveal the Master to all men. It is futile to talk about a revival of primitive Christianity; you must go forward from where you find yourselves.
No. I believe we need to go backward. We need to turn back the clock. We need to walk just like the apostles walked. We need to heal the sick, cleanse the cancer and AIDS paitents, raise the dead and cast out demons. Just like the apostles: we need to carry our cross and bring The Message to this sick and dying world.
Modern culture must become spiritually baptized with a new revelation of Jesus’ life and illuminated with a new understanding of his gospel of eternal salvation.
Sorry... give me that OLD TIME religion. One where God is first, not me.
And when Jesus becomes thus lifted up, he will draw all men to himself.
True.
Jesus’ disciples should be more than conquerors, even overflowing sources of inspiration and enhanced living to all men.
Also true.
Religion is only an exalted humanism until it is made divine by the discovery of the reality of the presence of God in personal experience.
Discovery? Does that mean that 'everyone' is already Godly? I know better. It takes conversion to Christianity to put Jesus inside someone's life. When half or more of what is printed (Urantia) is lies or error... it makes the whole thing worthless.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Hi Freelight,:wave2:

I was thinking today about the hibernation of the kingdom.

(1865.7) 170:5.17 The concept of Jesus is still alive in the advanced religions of the world. Paul’s Christian church is the socialized and humanized shadow of what Jesus intended the kingdom of heaven to be — and what it most certainly will yet become. Paul and his successors partly transferred the issues of eternal life from the individual to the church. Christ thus became the head of the church rather than the elder brother of each individual believer in the Father’s family of the kingdom. Paul and his contemporaries applied all of Jesus’ spiritual implications regarding himself and the individual believer to the church as a group of believers; and in doing this, they struck a deathblow to Jesus’ concept of the divine kingdom in the heart of the individual believer.

(1866.1) 170:5.18 And so, for centuries, the Christian church has labored under great embarrassment because it dared to lay claim to those mysterious powers and privileges of the kingdom, powers and privileges which can be exercised and experienced only between Jesus and his spiritual believer brothers. And thus it becomes apparent that membership in the church does not necessarily mean fellowship in the kingdom; one is spiritual, the other mainly social.

Caino

Aimiel

Yeah, kinda' like going to McDonald's doesn't mean you're a hamburger... attending a Christian church doesn't make one a citizen of The Kingdom of Heaven. The Kingdom of Heaven is inside those who are led of The Holy Spirit.

Aimiel

I won't read a demon's pack of lies regarding the Truth represented in The Holy Scriptures. It isn't just opinion, but fact: demons inspired the words which ended up on the pages of the Urantia book. God doesn't violate His Word, but the Urantia book does. It isn't truth, but it is half-truth which is even worse than a whole lie because it fools many into believing it is truth by simply twisting truth like a pretzel (what Satan has been doing since long before he started doing so on this earth). He deceived a large number of the very angels of God who stood in His Presence. He's had a long and successful career of fooling men and continues to sharpen his game. You need to turn away from this pack of lies and cling to the cross.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I won't read a demon's pack of lies regarding the Truth represented in The Holy Scriptures. It isn't just opinion, but fact: demons inspired the words which ended up on the pages of the Urantia book. God doesn't violate His Word, but the Urantia book does. It isn't truth, but it is half-truth which is even worse than a whole lie because it fools many into believing it is truth by simply twisting truth like a pretzel (what Satan has been doing since long before he started doing so on this earth). He deceived a large number of the very angels of God who stood in His Presence. He's had a long and successful career of fooling men and continues to sharpen his game. You need to turn away from this pack of lies and cling to the cross.

....sigh,

Well I thought this religious fruit cake might be reasonable but he is just as much a Pharisee as ever. It was a mistake taking him off ignore.

Anyway, Jesus dealt with these dumbas religious kook's when they tried to argue with him in his day.

We can use the bible to quickly dismiss the Halloween doctrines:

22 And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth he out devils.

23 And he called them unto him, and said unto them in parables, How can Satan cast out Satan?

24 And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.

25 And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.

26 And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.

Putting the monkey back in his cage.

Colter

Aimiel

Well, I guess you've revealed your stripes. You're incapable of understanding The Word of God or you'd never seek to sub-let your members to demons. This is your choice.

BTW... I will have nothing to do with empty dead religion, thank you very much. I'll take God's Presence everywhere I go and gladly wipe the dust off my feet anytime I leave a place which rejects my Lord and Saviour. Religion is for show (your previous post is a perfect example). God is about the thoughts and intents of the heart, which you've revealed are pretty mean, critical, hateful and un-forgiving. That isn't what God is all about. He is about love. You represent the dark side.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
kingdom of heaven

kingdom of heaven

Well, I guess you've revealed your stripes. You're incapable of understanding The Word of God or you'd never seek to sub-let your members to demons. This is your choice.

BTW... I will have nothing to do with empty dead religion, thank you very much. I'll take God's Presence everywhere I go and gladly wipe the dust off my feet anytime I leave a place which rejects my Lord and Saviour. Religion is for show (your previous post is a perfect example). God is about the thoughts and intents of the heart, which you've revealed are pretty mean, critical, hateful and un-forgiving. That isn't what God is all about. He is about love. You represent the dark side.

Caino is just tired of the usual pop-Christianity that is stuck within a dogmatic-format and belief-system that assumes its the one and only 'truth' with no added progressive revelation....which your sentiment represents. Continually demeaning the UB as 'demonic' isnt exactly very loving, so a reaction against such 'judgment' by UB enthusaists might be expected. We've taken on the 'critics' here and elsewhere in our way,...on many levels. If anything the UB can also be an interesting tome of religious sci-fi expanding one's concept, appreciation and worship of 'God', the Universe and the ministry of Jesus. I usually take things symbolically, allegorically, figuratively anyways....so these are just 'frames' in which to 'relate' ideas, principles, relationships, etc.

As shared previously Here and elsewhere....Christians are free to see where the UB adds to, expands and claims to correct certain doctrines about 'God' and 'Christ' and see if this greater cosmic context or 'bigger picture' makes sense to them or not. Each must investigate and do their own soul-research on any particular revelation and be open to learn anew. The Spirit is ever teaching, leading and guiding....hence 'progressive revelation' is a given.

Again, the UB upholds the most positive religious values, moral precepts and principles, that which is most fundamental to man's spiritual progress and psychic development as he ascends the ladder Godward and extends his service to the divine will thru-out eternity. The UB's description of the Paradise Trinity is also pretty awesome.

Concerning the Kingdom of heaven, Jesus has fully explained what it is (In Part 4 of the Papers), relative to the Fatherhood of God and Brotherhood of Man....where the will of God is fulfilled in loving relationship and community. The kingdom is essentially spiritual no matter what forms such community may take and which avenues are used to facilitate such.

pj

Aimiel

Caino says: "Bla-bla-bla... you're a religious fruit cake..."
freelight says: "Tsk-tsk-tsk... our religion is way better than yours, dude we are like so totally above you..."

Aimiel says: "Repent. The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand."

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Caino says: "Bla-bla-bla... you're a religious fruit cake..."
freelight says: "Tsk-tsk-tsk... our religion is way better than yours, dude we are like so totally above you..."

Hardly. What I've shared here stands. When have I ever claimed to have a 'religious belief', 'philosophy', or 'point of view 'better than anyone elses? A belief, or 'point of view' is just that. It may be fundamentally sound or subject to change. This is not a 'competition'.

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Hardly. What I've shared here stands. When have I ever claimed to have a 'religious belief', 'philosophy', or 'point of view 'better than anyone elses? A belief, or 'point of view' is just that. It may be fundamentally sound or subject to change. This is not a 'competition'.

pj

True that Freelight.

I've never known you to have the self righteous spirit of the Pharisees who rejected the Liberal message of Jesus. They hated him without a cause. Aimiel is a hater, there is no indication that he knows Jesus or the "good news." The light grows dim in these narrow minded, intolerant types which culminates in a loveless "holier then thou" attitude. These are the Westborow Baptist types of clowns.

Jesus spoke to these phoney members:

“In the great day of the kingdom judgment, many will say to me, ‘Did we not prophesy in your name and by your name do many wonderful works?’ But I will be compelled to say to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me you who are false teachers.’ But every one who hears this charge and sincerely executes his commission to represent me before men even as I have represented my Father to you, shall find an abundant entrance into my service and into the kingdom of the heavenly Father.”

Jesus, at Lake Urmia, before his public ministry:

"If different religions recognize the spirit sovereignty of God the Father, then will all such religions remain at peace. Only when one religion assumes that it is in some way superior to all others, and that it possesses exclusive authority over other religions, will such a religion presume to be intolerant of other religions or dare to persecute other religious believers."

" But the moment you lose sight of the spirit sovereignty of God the Father, some one religion will begin to assert its superiority over other religions; and then, instead of peace on earth and good will among men, there will start dissensions, recriminations, even religious wars, at least wars among religionists." UB

Caino

Aimiel

When have I ever claimed to have a 'religious belief', 'philosophy', or 'point of view 'better than anyone elses?
Your last post, two posts up...

Bla bla bla... Christianity is garbage...
Bla bla bla... Urantia is AWESOME!!!
:duh:
A belief, or 'point of view' is just that. It may be fundamentally sound or subject to change. This is not a 'competition'.
I know that, but you folks seem to want to put Christianity in the garbage, even though neither of you has ever been Christian or even without having proper understanding of what it means to be Christian.

Status
Not open for further replies.