Who Here Chose To Be Heterosexual?

Granite

Hall of Fame
No, no, no! Granite will not agree with that statement until the culture embraces it. Then and only then, it will have always been true.

:yawn:

Right. I care about civil rights because you're under the impression it's nothing more than trendy.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am well aware that I will never convince you that discerning evil as evil is not bigotry. It will however will hold up to the scrutiny of He who will write Histories final chapter!
Amen.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Prejudice, hate, and fear die a slow death and wither eventually on the vine. That much is certain. It's always been this way. Always.

what a retard

berlin2.jpg

Granite

Hall of Fame
It is your failure to understand the aptness of the analogy that is prompting the projection of your shortcomings onto others.

An idiot and a stuffed shirt.:chuckle:

I understand why you guys keep trotting out this old chestnut. I also understand what you think it accomplishes or means. But you've never understood how ridiculous and completely out of whack with reality it actually is. You use the bestiality argument like some logic-bombing trump card that's supposed to end or satisfy a discussion. It doesn't. It's just clueless and idiotic.

genuineoriginal

What are you again?
An idiot and a stuffed shirt.:chuckle:
:angel: I thought you were a bloviating buffoon. I stand corrected.
I understand why you guys keep trotting out this old chestnut. I also understand what you think it accomplishes or means. But you've never understood how ridiculous and completely out of whack with reality it actually is. You use the bestiality argument like some logic-bombing trump card that's supposed to end or satisfy a discussion. It doesn't. It's just clueless and idiotic.

It is supposed to get you to think about where your argument fails, but clueless and idiotic people cannot grasp that simple fact.

Granite

Hall of Fame
It is supposed to get you to think about where your argument fails, but clueless and idiotic people cannot grasp that simple fact.

Comparing consensual sexual activity to non-consensual activity is a total non-sequitar. It makes as much sense as saying we need to beef up spear manufacturing because apes use crude tools in the wild. Bestiality and homosexuality have absolutely nothing in common. (Having to keep on spelling that out for opponents of gay rights gets boring and pretty painful, but whatcha gonna do.)

However: Since Christianity considers the majority of human sexual behavior to be sinful and aberrant, the comparison does work if you don't make any distinctions between any sexual behavior that takes place outside of marriage. In that sense, operating under the assumption that "non-married sex is bad," bestiality and homosexuality essentially are the same, or may lead to one another, only because any sexual activity outside of wedlock is lumped under the blanket definition of "sin." Distinguishing different varieties of human sexuality simply doesn't matter to folks like yourself. It's all "bad" and thus easily compared and dismissable. But that's simply what happens when bad thinking lives in a bubble.

genuineoriginal

Comparing consensual sexual activity to non-consensual activity is a total non-sequitar. It makes as much sense as saying we need to beef up spear manufacturing because apes use crude tools in the wild. Bestiality and homosexuality have absolutely nothing in common. (Having to keep on spelling that out for opponents of gay rights gets boring and pretty painful, but whatcha gonna do.)

However: Since Christianity considers the majority of human sexual behavior to be sinful and aberrant, the comparison does work if you don't make any distinctions between any sexual behavior that takes place outside of marriage. In that sense, operating under the assumption that "non-married sex is bad," bestiality and homosexuality essentially are the same, or may lead to one another, only because any sexual activity outside of wedlock is lumped under the blanket definition of "sin." Distinguishing different varieties of human sexuality simply doesn't matter to folks like yourself. It's all "bad" and thus easily compared and dismissable. But that's simply what happens when bad thinking lives in a bubble.

Homosexuality is as much of an aberrant fetish as bestiality. Wrapping it in the argument of "consentual sex" only means two or more people have agreed to get together to practice their abberant fetishes.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Homosexuality is as much of an aberrant fetish as bestiality. Wrapping it in the argument of "consentual sex" only means two or more people have agreed to get together to practice their abberant fetishes.

Well this just proves and makes my point.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I see your point. I bet it makes it hard to find a hat that fits.

I doubt it.:chuckle:

And if you actually do, deliberately ignoring it just to comfort your own prejudice makes you a conscious bigot, not just one who was raised and warped. That's far worse.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
In another homosexual thread, Arthur Brain made reference to himself being a heterosexual EIGHT TIMES in the same post.

I was curious how many times he'd try to convince himself (and others) that he isn't a practicing homosexual nor has homosexual desires.

Er, that passage doesn't imply a conscious choice to be able to change orientation.....

I could choose to be promiscuous if I want. I've lusted plenty of times but only in regards to the opposite sex so you're on a fail right here....

My own gender does precisely nada to me in terms of attraction or anything else apart from friendship. I'm straight. It's not a choice.

Eh? I'm a pervert for being straight and acknowledging no choice in it?

:liberals:

Who's on about sin here Inzl? It's not like I've started a thread about lying or anything, and nor have I started a thread about acting on sexual or other impulses. How could you not see that? I'm asking whether or not people choose to be heterosexual. I didn't, I just am, and personally find it ludicrous to suggest that a heterosexual person can subsequently *choose* to find their own gender attractive. Any comments on topic?

Yes, I have read it. I can't relate to it so much on a personal level as I've never had any attraction to my own gender to begin with. Nor could I myself 'choose' to start finding such appealing. Not a chance....you?

Quite possibly, but I didn't need to hit puberty before I knew where my attractions lay, even if not fully understanding them at that time.

Believe it or not I once had a friend call me homophobic (in half jest really) because I flat out said I simply couldn't find another bloke desirable. She seemed to think that I was closed minded, yet I've heard zealots on here proclaim that I can indeed choose to turn homosexual if I so wanted, which is just as whacked out to me.

People eh?

Well, you won't have always been attracted to him, you'd have had to meet him first...;)

I certainly couldn't "choose" to walk away from heterosexuality. It's as wired in me as my abhorrence for peanut butter....

The thing is, you'd still need some spark of attraction before you could even 'explore' IMO. I've never had that in regards to my own gender and it would make me feel sick to be honest. That isn't anything to do with 'morality' per se as I have the same inbuilt wiring to find peanut butter repulsive.

Only seven Arthur, keep trying, perhaps someday you'll believe it.