toldailytopic: Sports. In your opinion, what is the most boring major league sport?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for November 10th, 2010 05:50 PM

toldailytopic: Sports. In your opinion, what is the most boring major league sport?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Buzzword

Um...ALL OF THEM?

Though, a question: What qualifies as a "major league" sport?
A sport played internationally?
A sport overseen by a single organization?
A sport with a uniform, universal set of rules by which all professional players abide?

The Berean

I guess I would pick golf as the most boring game to watch. My favorite sports to watch are baseball, track and field, triathlons, and cycling.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I'm with the Berean on golf being the most boring to watch. Racing [Indy Car/Nascar] comes in second. Oddly I think racing has to be the most fun to do, though.

I'm not really into sports, though.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Hmmm. Golf--a sport? Discuss.

Racing doesn't do much for at all. What a waste.

A hockey game doesn't translate well on TV. Totally different experience in person.

A lousy baseball game can be murder on television. Not so bad at Fenway, even if the Sox are getting pummeled.

If I had to consider golf a sport instead of an activity/hobby, yeah, that takes the prize.

Nydhogg

I never really got baseball. I watch football and hockey, mostly.

Dad's a basketball fanatic, though since the demise of the Supersonics I haven't seen him mention the dern sport again.

The Graphite

A tie between golf, NASCAR and baseball.

However, I have enjoyed going to a baseball game, but the company was good.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

If I assume you mean the NBA, NFL, NHL, and MLB as "major league sports", then without a doubt it has to be hockey.

I think most agree with me, as most of the major TV networks don't really televise the NHL.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Soccer. It should be banned from the planet.

I see granite made a good post. And it isn't even a full moon.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Curling. :chuckle: Is that even a sport let alone a major league one?

I'd have to cast my vote for golf and bowling. Hockey's dull to watch on TV yet fun as heck live (as someone already mentioned)...football, the opposite.

Dena

If I assume you mean the NBA, NFL, NHL, and MLB as "major league sports", then without a doubt it has to be hockey.

I think most agree with me, as most of the major TV networks don't really televise the NHL.

If we're going with these then I will say football. I hate football. Otherwise, NASCAR ranks up there pretty high. I'd even rather watch golf I think.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
first of all golf should not even be considered
so
what is left is hockey and baseball

I'll go with baseball because it interferes with my sports programs more than anything else does

really, I would rather listen to a good commercial than find out what pitcher would be the best fit for the yankees

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Golf and football for the same reason. Most of the time, people are just standing around, thinking about what to do next. Baseball can be like that, but in major league baseball, I find it interesting how the team that's in the field is constantly making adjustments, in response to so many things I don't even notice.

At least football hires dancers/acrobats to cover up some of the boredom. Golf is deadly dull.

Basketball, Soccer, and Hockey actually play the game all the time. Why wouldn't people prefer those sports?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Golf and football for the same reason. Most of the time, people are just standing around, thinking about what to do next. Baseball can be like that, but in major league baseball, I find it interesting how the team that's in the field is constantly making adjustments, in response to so many things I don't even notice.

At least football hires dancers/acrobats to cover up some of the boredom. Golf is deadly dull.

Basketball, Soccer, and Hockey actually play the game all the time. Why wouldn't people prefer those sports?

Basketball may be great in person but on television it's too kinetic to appreciate, plus, offense and scoring comes so easily that it doesn't seem hugely competitive to me as an observer. Also, while I'm sure there's strategy to the game, it seems incomprehensible. Same thing with hockey--which has the exact opposite problem as basketball, in that it seems next to impossible to score.

And soccer? Isn't that the sport that allows someone to "play" the entire game and not technically do anything?

Memento Mori

And soccer? Isn't that the sport that allows someone to "play" the entire game and not technically do anything?

I think you're confusing soccer and baseball. In baseball a pitchers best moment leaves everyone standing around killing time (a no-hitter).

Most boring thing for me to watch is baseball, golf and NASCAR. Indy car racing can be pretty intense though.

Status
Not open for further replies.