Real Science Radio: List of Evidence Against the Big Bang

fool

Hall of Fame
I'd like to look at Walt's experimental evidence that earthquakes can cause changes in the atomic nuclei. If it were true, I'd expect to see large neutrino fluxes during earthquakes - have there been any? Can I see his experimental research into the plausibility of such unlikely processes?

The Peizo electric effect.
The same thing you light yer barbeque with.
When quartz is struck it makes an electric discharge.
Walt thinks that this effect cooked all the radioactivity up during the thickining of the continents while they were rapidly spreading apart during the eruption of the subteraianin chamber as the pillars of the deep were collapsing.

I'm sure I have mangled that a bit but that's the jist.
Good thing we have Stipe here to fill in the details, he's kinda the resident expert.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Good thing we have Stipe here to fill in the details

Actually, I prefer you morons to do your own homework. :up:

Atheists are continually bleating about the primacy of science, but when presented with a scientific idea they run for the hill.

Jukia

Atheists are continually bleating about the primacy of science, but when presented with a scientific idea they run for the hill.

Which particular scientific idea would that be? A 6000 year old universe? Sorry, that particular hill was leveled long ago. If you did your own homework instead of relying on Pastor Bob and Dr. Brown for your science education you would know that. Once again we sorely miss that broken irony meter.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Which particular scientific idea would that be? A 6000 year old universe? Sorry, that particular hill was leveled long ago. If you did your own homework instead of relying on Pastor Bob and Dr. Brown for your science education you would know that. Once again we sorely miss that broken irony meter.

The challenge stands. Anyone who can find a substantive and on-topic response in any thread by Joke.

Anyone?

fool

Hall of Fame
Which I've obviously done as demonstrated in my above post.
Get up on the wrong side of the bed mate?
Which I haven't done as demonstrated by this my above post.
I took the time to fill the guy in on the basics of the theory that you espouse. Just to try to move the conversation along.
None of us have to be here.

For gcthomas;
Here's a search for Walt Brown at kgov;
http://kgov.com/search/node/walt brown
The top four listed are Walt Brown on Bob's show in Jan 07.
You can download the mp3s for free.
That will give you a two hour primer on all things Walt Brown that you can listen to while you're doing other things.

gcthomas

You should read the book and find out. :up:

What processes are those?

To save you some effort, try googling hydrothermal vents, granitic intrusions, laterites and placer deposits. They are well known because mining companies use that knowledge to work out where to go prospecting.

Jukia

To save you some effort, try googling hydrothermal vents, granitic intrusions, laterites and placer deposits. They are well known because mining companies use that knowledge to work out where to go prospecting.

Do mining or oil companies ever use Dr. Brown's theory? anyone know???

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Which I've obviously done as demonstrated in my above post.
No, you haven't. You've read a few paragraphs and think you're justified now in your mockery.

Processes that concentrated gold in these places.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Since you seem to get your theology ala Pastor Bob and your science ala Dr. Brown and are the smiley king as well as being so sure of yourself that you know you know more than I, I think I will pass.

Actually, if you bothered to engage in any rational conversation I might do otherwise, but---Nah.
Expected

Frayed Knot

The Peizo electric effect.
The same thing you light yer barbeque with.
When quartz is struck it makes an electric discharge.
Walt thinks that this effect cooked all the radioactivity up during the thickining of the continents while they were rapidly spreading apart during the eruption of the subteraianin chamber as the pillars of the deep were collapsing.

Wow - Walt's more of an idiot than I realized.

Piezoelectricity causing radioactivity? How does he dream this stuff up?

gcthomas

OP said:
* Mission Population III stars: Theory predicts that many first generation stars, which would contain only the lightest elements hydrogen and helium (claimed to have formed in the big bang), should be plentiful, yet not even one has been found. "Astronomers have never seen a pure Population III star, despite years of combing our Milky Way galaxy." -Science, Jan. 4, 2002 (see also many more references)

The quote is from a news story, and is not a quote from an astronomer or astrophysicist. Rather it is a phrase from a journalist. Far from expecting to see 'plenty' of Pop III stars, no-one expects to see many at all, especially in the Milky Way, as modern simulations of their formations predict that they would all have been giant stars that died young. The linked references are all pre-simulation 1980s pieces.

The best that is hoped for is to pick out a spectral signature in extremely faint and distant (redshift~3) galaxies.

Science fail, for being thirty years behind the times. :down:

gcthomas

OP said:
* Because our solar system has planets with nearly circular orbits (especially our Earth, thankfully), evolutionists predicted that typical planetary systems would be comprised of planets with nearly circular orbits, except now much contrary data is coming in, with many exoplanets in highly eccentric orbits.

Evolutionists (biologists!) ought to keep away from making predictions about explained orbits, and leave it to the astrophysicists!

PS. Unless [whisper] Bob and co really don't know what the word 'evolutionist' means! [/whisper]

PPS. It is unlikely anyone ever made that prediction anyway, on the basis of a sample size of one. It is noticable that there is no reference for this particular claim.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wow - Walt's more of an idiot than I realized.
Idiot? Really? Is that the path you're going to take?

Piezoelectricity causing radioactivity? How does he dream this stuff up?
From lots of research, apparently. Something evolutionists are highly averse to if it might challenge their comfort.

Each step in this process is demonstrable on a small scale. Calculations and other evidence show that these events happened on a global scale. To quickly understand what happened, see “Earthquakes and Electricity” on page 353 and Figures 183 and 192, and 188–190.​

-source.​

“It will be shown that the observations of near-ground AGR following lightning are consistent with the production and subsequent decay of a combination of atmospheric radioisotopes with 10–100 minute half-lives produced via nuclear reactions on the more abundant elements in the atmosphere.”

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Molten Earth?

For decades, textbooks have taught that the early Earth was molten for 500,000,000 years, because it formed by meteoritic bombardment. If so, the heat released by impacts would have melted the entire Earth many times over. Had Earth ever been molten, dense, nonreactive chemical elements, such as gold, would have sunk to Earth’s core. Gold is 70% denser than lead, yet is found at the Earth’s surface.

Even granite, the basic continental rock, is a mixture of many minerals with varying densities. If melted granite slowly cooled, a “layer cake” of minerals, vertically sorted by density and freezing temperature, would form instead of granite. Therefore, the entire Earth was never molten and did not form by meteoritic bombardment.

Radioactive dating of certain zircon minerals also contradicts a molten Earth. Trace elements within those zircons show that the zircons formed on a cold Earth (less than 212°F). However, based on radioactive dating, those zircons formed billions of years ago when, according to evolutionists, the Earth should have been molten (exceeding 1,800°F)—an obvious contradiction. Either the molten Earth idea or the radioactive dating method must be wrong; perhaps both are wrong.

Meteorites contain much more of the element xenon than Earth’s surface rocks, relative to other noble (inert) gases, such as helium, neon, and argon. Had Earth formed by meteoritic bombardment, Earth’s surface rocks would have a different composition, and our atmosphere would contain up to ten times more xenon than it has. If Earth did not evolve by meteoritic bombardment, it may have begun as one large body.
-source.​

gcthomas

From lots of research, apparently. Something evolutionists are highly averse to if it might challenge their comfort.

But the links don't refer to any specific evidence, which is something that creation scientists seem rather averse to.

Each step in this process is demonstrable on a small scale. Calculations and other evidence show that these events happened on a global scale. To quickly understand what happened, see “Earthquakes and Electricity” on page 353 and Figures 183 and 192, and 188–190.
-source.​

Calcs and other evidence is where, exactly? Do we have to take it on trust?

“It will be shown that the observations of near-ground AGR following lightning are consistent with the production and subsequent decay of a combination of atmospheric radioisotopes with 10–100 minute half-lives produced via nuclear reactions on the more abundant elements in the atmosphere.”
Lightning? I thought the idea was earthquakes!

Molten Earth?
For decades, textbooks have taught that the early Earth was molten for 500,000,000 years, because it formed by meteoritic bombardment

The only source I can find for the half billion year period is all over the creationist sites.

If so, the heat released by impacts would have melted the entire Earth many times over. Had Earth ever been molten, dense, nonreactive chemical elements, such as gold, would have sunk to Earth’s core. Gold is 70% denser than lead, yet is found at the Earth’s surface.

Crystalline gold IS denser, but we are talking about atomic gold forced into interstices within minerals, where relying naively on bulk densities is not reliable. Gold atoms get forced out of the mantle minerals and into the crust with other elements that fit better in silicate minerals with their looser crystal spacings.

Even granite, the basic continental rock, is a mixture of many minerals with varying densities. If melted granite slowly cooled, a “layer cake” of minerals, vertically sorted by density and freezing temperature, would form instead of granite.

Granite IS usually differentiated vertically by density, while lack of time and convection can prevent complete differentiation. I was taught this in high school.

Radioactive dating of certain zircon minerals also contradicts a molten Earth. Trace elements within those zircons show that the zircons formed on a cold Earth (less than 212°F). However, based on radioactive dating, those zircons formed billions of years ago when, according to evolutionists, the Earth should have been molten (exceeding 1,800°F)—an obvious contradiction. Either the molten Earth idea or the radioactive dating method must be wrong; perhaps both are wrong.

It is the YEC characterisation of the molten Earth idea that is wrong. The zircon ages are consistent with some surface water two to three hundred million years after formation of the Earth, early in the late bombardment period. Evidently, any hypothetical subsequent remelting did not destroy the zircon.

Meteorites contain much more of the element xenon than Earth’s surface rocks, relative to other noble (inert) gases, such as helium, neon, and argon. Had Earth formed by meteoritic bombardment, Earth’s surface rocks would have a different composition, and our atmosphere would contain up to ten times more xenon than it has. If Earth did not evolve by meteoritic bombardment, it may have begun as one large body.

Xenon can form covalent chemical bonds, unlike argon, and so much will be bound up with oxygen in silicates. There would have to be a careful assay of the amount of terrestrial xenon to be sure that the amount of atmospheric xenon was too low, along with careful modelling of how the xenon was distributed in the early solar system at it warmed up. This will likely be solved, so this problem will go away like the solar neutrino 'problem' did.

Not a big issue.

gcthomas

OP said:
* Serious problems with the standard theories of star formation which, not unlike Darwin's over-reaching title, "On the Origin of Species" (since he began with the existence of at least one species), include that they begin with stars already having formed or in the process of formation.

The linked explanation of Walt's has this:
Analytical calculations and computer simulators do not show that star formation is possible based upon the known laws of physics.

Condensing Nebula: Condensing a gas cloud, like the Eagle Nebula, would increase pressure and temperature, which would resist collapse.

Simulations work fine, because Walt's objection is a naive one, as usual. As the clouds collapse, collisions between atoms and molecules cause their potential or rotational energy to increase, which is then lost by the emission of photons of light. This cools the gas so it can continue to collapse.

Any introductory course would uncover all this, as would even a cursory literature review.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But the links don't refer to any specific evidence, which is something that creation scientists seem rather averse to. Calcs and other evidence is where, exactly? Do we have to take it on trust?
They're called books. You read them. :up:

Lightning? I thought the idea was earthquakes!
That's because you're completely disinterested in understanding an alternative idea.

The only source I can find for the half billion year period is all over the creationist sites.
:mock: GC's search ability.

Granite IS usually differentiated vertically by density, while lack of time and convection can prevent complete differentiation. I was taught this in high school.
Yeah, we know. That's what I just said. :chuckle:

It is the YEC characterisation of the molten Earth idea that is wrong. The zircon ages are consistent with some surface water two to three hundred million years after formation of the Earth, early in the late bombardment period. Evidently, any hypothetical subsequent remelting did not destroy the zircon.
Evidently. :rolleyes:

Meteors added the crust of the Earth and it didn't start off melted. That's your story now, right?

...this problem will go away...
:chuckle:

In the meantime, want to read up on the theory that doesn't require so many things to be explained away?