toldailytopic: Who do you think would make a good TOL moderator?

IMJerusha

I appreciate it, but what I said to Rusha applies here as well.

Well, I can't speak for Rusha but I honestly did think of you, having an inkling from the Women's Club that you are greatly respected here. Considering your background with some of the people we both know, having no care or respect for you is the furthest thing from my mind. The reason I did not speak out until you posted was because I did not want to embarrass you on account of your health. I tried to do the right thing by you and ended up hurting your feelings which I truly apologize for. Kat, I do know what it feels like to be left out. I don't have the longevity here that you do but I can relate to your feelings. Shalom, Sister!

Last edited:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: Who do you think would make a good TOL moderator?

There are many who would be great; Tambora, vegascowboy, MrDeets, Stripe, steko, myself.

You already know I would love to do it, and that I would follow the rules, regardless of my personal feelings toward other posters.

But I also feel there are many in the MAD, OV, right-wing camp who would do a marvelous job as well.

That very well may be ... however, that wasn't the question. It was *who* would make a good moderator.

Everyone I named is even tempered and fair-minded.
Which is contrary to the MO of TOL.

Anything to vary up the moderator pool from "freakishly hardline conservative Christian".
Not gonna happen on this site.

I think disliking Granite is a prerequisite for promotion on TOL. :up:
:chuckle:

That's another reason I'm qualified, then.

Thank you.
I think she meant Stripe.

SD, do you have anything to contribute to this thread ... you know, like who you believe would be a good moderator and WHY?
She voted for me, already.

I am going to float Lighthouse's name out there--He's great with computers and will learn the forum software quickly.
Wow, I really didn't expect this many votes for me. I knew Jefferson would, but I thought he'd be it. You're the third.

Someone who's MAD about mustard, then?

Or at least has an Open View about ketchup being heretical?
That was clever.

A TOL Mod must like Cigars and beer too--Vegas Cowboy
Too late; you already voted for me.

Needs to be one that does not get their feelings hurt easily.
Needs to be one that is present on a daily basis (or close to it).
Needs to be one that is not intimidated by others.
Needs to be one that has the same beliefs that TOL wants to represent (or close to it).

Stripe
Lighthouse
Another one?

Thank you.

Who am I leaving out? Oh, yeah, TomO, Light, AB and Tam.
Do you mean me, or Lightbringer?

ninevah
poly
crow

they ran a tight ship
I miss Nineveh. Where did she go anyway?

Poly's still around, and I think she's already a mod.

I was without computer access when Crow left, and from the little I do know she's not coming back.:nono:

What the heck do you mean? Is that the truth, or are you lying?

Hey this might be my fist ban, but in truth, I am a wealthy woman. You lie about something THAT EXTREME and DISGUSTING, I will enable her to sue you for slander!
It was a joke.

Which fundamental am I opposed to?
I think they meant fundamentals of TOL, not necessarily of Christendom.

I think this post deserves a POTY nomination for best use of the multi-quote function.
You lose.

Ban VC and StanJ for not using [spoiler][/spoiler] tags.
they should only get a warning.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's a gift. :plain: More seriously, there's no other way to read it and you don't actually differ on that part of it. You will and do, in fact, presume a correlation between the mod verdict and the descriptive terms related.
Nobody has the foggiest notion what you're talking about. :idunno:

No, what's unfair also isn't right.
:allsmile:

No, though it raises the likelihood. Some things are obvious, like profanity or implied profanity. Other charges are much more subjective. If all the rules were like the rule relating to profanity I'd agree with you. Most of them aren't and the rule makers don't even pretend to be fair/equitable/right in enforcement of them. To the contrary, a bias is declared almost proudly. Now if the bias is in the foundation of a rule then it's one thing. Fairness or right within that relative context is spelled out and applies equally to everyone. But if the bias is in the application of the rule then fairness/right is nonsensical and what you can glean from a ruling is tainted. I'd call you naive, but you aren't so I'll just say, supra. Nah. You'd have to have a large sample. Someone could have reported once and had a mod agree. Great percentage, doesn't tell you much. And the sample should be across the range of complaints available, or you could only report spam bots and profanity and look like a world beater by your standard. In short, absent a number of accounted for variables it wouldn't tell you anything about the rightness or fairness of the outcome and the number that follows representing it.
I guess you don't like numbers any more.

And to go back a bit, the reason you got the Hitler line was because you tried a bumper sticker approach, "Diversity is divisive." That can be but needn't be true. I shouldn't have to spell that out to someone who has played a team sport. It's comprised, frequently, of a team with different backgrounds and personalities and understandings. But they come together within the framework of the game. TOL has rules and those rules and respect for the institution is a similar animal.
We're not talking about athletic ability, body size and shape. We're talking about beliefs.

You're either right or you're wrong. The mods need to be right. If you introduce a belief system opposed to what's established, the diversity will bring division.

glorydaz

There are many who would be great; Tambora, vegascowboy, MrDeets, Stripe, steko, myself.

You already know I would love to do it, and that I would follow the rules, regardless of my personal feelings toward other posters.

But I also feel there are many in the MAD, OV, right-wing camp who would do a marvelous job as well.

Which is contrary to the MO of TOL.

Not gonna happen on this site.

:chuckle:

That's another reason I'm qualified, then.

I think she meant Stripe.

She voted for me, already.

Wow, I really didn't expect this many votes for me. I knew Jefferson would, but I thought he'd be it. You're the third.

That was clever.

Too late; you already voted for me.

Another one?

Thank you.

Do you mean me, or Lightbringer?

I miss Nineveh. Where did she go anyway?

Poly's still around, and I think she's already a mod.

I was without computer access when Crow left, and from the little I do know she's not coming back.:nono:

It was a joke.

I think they meant fundamentals of TOL, not necessarily of Christendom.

You lose.

they should only get a warning.

You can add me to your list, Lighthouse. I think you would be a great moderator. :thumb:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Nobody has the foggiest notion what you're talking about. :idunno:
That's funny. Do you think that if you close your eyes the world ceases to be?

:allsmile:
That's what I thought you wouldn't have. But it's a fact. I'll come back to this in a moment.

I guess you don't like numbers any more.
I know you don't like rational argument if this is all you have in the tank. Block quote white flag noted. Now go take a course in logic and statistics and get back to me.

We're not talking about athletic ability, body size and shape. We're talking about beliefs.
We're talking about rules and enforcement, which was exactly what I noted, not physicality.

You're either right or you're wrong.
That's right.

The mods need to be right.
No. They only need to have the power to enforce their opinion. And that opinion is founded on the proposition of unequal treatment, which is neither fair, just, nor right. It's purely an expression of power.

Now I can live with it as a trade-off. It's easy for me since I tend to agree more often than not with the power structure, but I'm not going to call it something it isn't, something it doesn't even pretend to be and neither should you.

If you introduce a belief system opposed to what's established, the diversity will bring division.
That if is the presumption here. The rules aren't being formed. They're in play. All that a mod can impact is enforcement.

StanJ53

It is good to see that you are gracefully removing yourself from being considered as a mod.

LOL...Knight would NOT consider me and I wouldn't take it. I value my time for ME, not to make sure everybody else is PC. I pretty much can't stand and don't do PC.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes. We all believe that's what happened.
Yes. I tired of waiting for others to quote you. It was tedious.
It's all that respect you have for me, no doubt...wait, what day is it?
Surely you know that I have almost no respect for you. Why pretend? But please reflect on certain realities. I have never said anything negative about either Jack or your wife. I know those two are very precious to you. That I do respect.

genuineoriginal

LOL...Knight would NOT consider me and I wouldn't take it. I value my time for ME, not to make sure everybody else is PC. I pretty much can't stand and don't do PC.
After looking over your posts on this thread, it is quite possible that you will suddenly gain a lot more time for YOU.