BAKERY OWNER STATES; "LET THEM NOT EAT CAKE!"

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The problem is; if carried to its furthest extent, everybody would be utilizing their sorted bias, and some would refuse Jews, Blacks, Asians, Muslims, Christians, midgets, redheads, blonds, bearded individuals, etc., and our financial system would degenerate!!

OR ... it truly is about bigotry, one could always spread by word of mouth that this person has such a bias and hopefully, they would lose money and reexamine their biases and business practices.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If everyone took advantage of that right, chaos would ensue!!

I know ... just imagine as a tall person if you refused to serve short people ...

I can see it now ... out of the mist ... a angry mob of midgets ascends ... with torches and pitch forks.

Better have good locks on your business, GM.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
A person should either go into business to serve the public as a whole, or if their convictions are strong against certain groups or individuals; perhaps its best for them to not continue putting themselves in a position of having to discriminate!!
That's something they have to decide for themself!!

Quincy

I don't think the most successful business people got that way by discriminating. When was the last time Windows asked you for your sexual orientation and responded with the following error?

"You are homosexual. Shutting down in 10, 9, 8, ..........."

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
The problem is, we're all sinners, and homosexuality is just that, another sin!
But not all sins are equal:

Matthew 11:21-22 says, “Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you.”

Luke 12:47,48 says, "And that servant who knew his lord's will and did not prepare, nor did according to His will, shall be beaten with many stripes. But he not knowing, and doing things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes."

And . . .

John 19:11 says, "Jesus answered, You could have no authority against Me unless it were given to you from above. Therefore he who delivered Me to you has the greater sin."

I offer an alternative conclusion to this Baker, or other bakeries; why not bake the cake, frost it, and let the gay couple know ahead of time; they'll have to pay extra for "two" sets of decorative "grooms/brides" on the top of the cake, which they (the gay couple can place themselves!!)
If I was ordered to by a court I would make the cake with the following Bible verse written on it: “If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them." - Leviticus 20:13.

There is no law requiring a business owner to do a good job. The homosexuals can fire them if they want.

This poor Baker and his family is going to reap a whirlwind
of bad publicity and a ton of hate mail and lost revenue, all because he's taking such a stand!
That’s because this Baker does not worship the false god of Public Acceptance. You should stop worshiping that false god as well GM.

Zeke

Collective herd mentality runs america, true choice and freedom like home ownership is a myth.

Even if you don't agree, no one should be forced to sell or hire anyone they do not want to, instead goverment mandates a to z and the herd obeys like good little girls and boys.

More laws more conflict, which means more money for the corrupt system.

You mean there are no gay bakers they could contract with? seems like a set up to cause more conflict among the herd.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Would you feel the same way if the baker had turned away a black couple?? discrimination is discrimination be it moral or race related!!
Lot lived among sinners, including homosexuals, no doubt he traded and dealt with them during his residence in Sodom and Gomorrah!

Lot was a righteous man, but he lived among gay's and other sinners until the day God destroyed the entire area! We also live among sinners, we being one of them!! Christ did not come down harshly on the sinners of his time, instead He came down hard on the "self-righteous Pharisees! Think about that!!

Yes, because i think private businesses have the right to dictate the terms of their business and if others don't like it they can vote with their feet and if their practices are bad enough they wont be in business long.

I believe also a black resturant owner should be allowed to refuse to serve whites, etc.. , i believe the free market should be just that.

When i dont like the way a place does business, i spend my money elsewhere. Its that simple imo

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The problem is; if carried to its furthest extent, everybody would be utilizing their sorted bias, and some would refuse Jews, Blacks, Asians, Muslims, Christians, midgets, redheads, blonds, bearded individuals, etc., and our financial system would degenerate!!
Actually, it would create a demand.
Therefore, a competing business could be established by another.
Thus creating more businesses and more jobs.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Collective herd mentality runs america, true choice and freedom like home ownership is a myth.

Even if you don't agree, no one should be forced to sell or hire anyone they do not want to, instead goverment mandates a to z and the herd obeys like good little girls and boys.

More laws more conflict, which means more money for the corrupt system.

You mean there are no gay bakers they could contract with? seems like a set up to cause more conflict among the herd.
I can sorta see that.

Individuality being replaced by cookie-cutter robots.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
To single out the sin of homosexuality as some sort of "super sin" does not carry weight in line with what the Scriptures teach about sin! In the end analysis, all those who die without Christ will stand before the judgment seat of God and be judged according to their "works" not their sins! Sin was taken care of at the cross! Although only those who have placed their faith in Christ as Lord and Saviour will benefit from Christ's shed blood and resurrection! Those whose names are not written in the "Lambs book of Life" (the unsaved) will be judged by their works and cast into the "lake of fire!"

It's not the responsibility of "true Christians" to judge the unsaved (homosexual and otherwise) We're not to do evil to them, but to be a witness and a testimony! Jesus tells us; if it be possible to try to get along with all men!

In due time the unsaved will be judged, they don't need the "true believers" to judge them here on planet earth! Judgment is God's department!!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
There's a vast difference between "worldly, liberal vs. conservative views" and the Spiritual viewpoint!! The worldly liberal may cry out for "extra" rights for gays, whereas, the conservative is more than likely angry with the liberal stance and holds a grudge against the homosexual community! Spiritually speaking, all are sinners and need a Saviour, which is Christ!! And, true Christians need to hold onto a good testimony, and be a witness to the message of Christ, and Him crucified! They can't be effective if they're holding a
grudge and judging the homosexuals harshly!! Doing evil towards unbelievers will not draw them to Christ!!