I'm new here

bybee

You want to know about those who seek the truth as you see it...or just in general, those who evaluate their worldview? Those are two different questions.

Well said Dena! You have made a critical distinction.:first:

Zeneta

Why not state your intensions/goals in a more understandable way?? You're trying to articulate/post
as if you're a self-styled member of the "higher echelon of intelligentsia!"!" Bring it down a notch
or two Einstein!!

I'll bring it down a half dozen for you.

Example:

Why, would a Gun control advocate, when pressed, not hesitate to use a gun to defend themselves or their family ?

Zeneta

You want to know about those who seek the truth as you see it...or just in general, those who evaluate their worldview? Those are two different questions.

I see a persons worldview as the filter or basis for determining truth.

Two people easily come to completely different conclusions regarding accepted material facts.

I want to know more about "why" some people assume those foundations and "how" those foundations come into question.

Short of crisis.

Many folks have both left the word of God or embraced the word in times of crisis.

There seems though, other times when individuals suddenly view the world from a different perspective. A new perspective that requires them to ultimately examine the foundations of their beliefs.

I don't think bombarding people with "your", "my" facts have any real influence up front. I say up front, since I don't know if over time those facts play a role or not. They may.

Facts have become opinions in a world where everything is relative.

Zeneta

Actually, I would have to say that's incorrect.

The above is your reply to my statement below:

"You can't TELL anybody WHAT to believe"

I contend that belief is a truth (it may be wrong), but it is owned and is part of ones worldview. That belief, may originate from an authority, someone that TOLD you, however at some point that authority and their truth statement will be questioned as to verify or fit it into a much bigger picture.

Sometimes the authorities truth statement survives questioning.

Doubt, and proof seems a part of human nature.

As the parent tells their child not to touch the electric burner on the stove, it's the child that finds proof for themselves.

Telling someone what to believe has no value. Right or wrong.

Both true beliefs and false beliefs are held so long as no new information, thoughtfully considered information, has been set aside from authority.

I can't image your beliefs of what is true are because someone said so.

Zeneta

This is a classic example of a "presuppostion" and judgmentally loaded post!
I shall enjoy knocking you off your elevated pedestal! :devil:

Let's go !!

Yes, I made an assumption that belief is based on assumptions.

You can judge me all you want.

bybee

Let's go !!

Yes, I made an assumption that belief is based on assumptions.

You can judge me all you want.

I do not judge you. I may or may not take issue with your words.
I most assuredly take issue with your attitude!

Zeneta

Whether one acknowledges God and Satan does not change the fact that God's Law is written on the hearts of all people and that it is written with an authority that ignores belief or non-belief. If one is secular, it is their choice to be so.

Exactly !!!

It is my contention that some people, many people actively ignore their own nature.

The Authority of man vs. God.

The authority of man has provided an easy out for many.

The authority of God, on the other hand, has no out.

IMJerusha

Exactly !!!

It is my contention that some people, many people actively ignore their own nature.

The Authority of man vs. God.

The authority of man has provided an easy out for many.

The authority of God, on the other hand, has no out.

True that. Since man can not have authority over God, there is no "Authority of man vs. God". Man is just fooling himself or making a fool of himself....either....or both. ;)

Couldn't help but notice you're kind of in the red. A slightly different tack, perhaps? A little ying, a little yang....

Zeneta

I do not judge you. I may or may not take issue with your words.
I most assuredly take issue with your attitude!

But you do, and have already judged me.

Based on my words, and yours.

My inclination for provocation is not to test you or anybody else.

I apologize for any misunderstanding.

To be clear.

I believe there are a lot of folks, most folks perhaps, that deny their very nature, in order to get along. I'm not talking about you or those on this website, necessarily.

I believe our political leaders, through virtually every public institution have and attempt to dehumanize mans nature while simultaneously raising man as the authority.

I believe God created life.

I believe evolutionary theory is the greatest fraud ever perpetuated.

I believe there are those that know this but also don't care.

Zeneta

Couldn't help but notice you're kind of in the red. A slightly different tack, perhaps?

Apparently, I placed a few ** between other letters.

Live and learn.

Zeneta

Zeneta said:
I believe God created life.

I believe evolutionary theory is the greatest fraud ever perpetuated.

I believe there are those that know this but also don't care.

None of the above beliefs of mine, are because someone else said so.

God created life:

Simple process of elimination. Either God or aliens, but aliens have a problem with time.

Evolution:

The consistent efforts and contortions to accept a theory that doesn't even qualify as a scientific theory, lends itself to doubt.

The math of evolution doesn't add up.

Evolutionary theory has become political, simply because it can.

So, it's a question of the uncertainty of science, this is science after all, and the certainty of self.

I know that logic is immaterial, yet it is the foundation of science.

Wile E. Coyote

I shall enjoy knocking you off your elevated pedestal! :devil:
Let's go !!
Yay! A cat fight!

catfight.png

male29-male-theater-cinema-smiley-e.gif