toldailytopic: Do you support or oppose tightening gun control laws in USA?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't have a problem limiting ownership of surface to air missiles, grenade launchers and automatic weapons. Why then do I have a problem with limiting assault rifles and high capacity magazines? It is all drawing line somewhere! About the fact that there are people in the government and political power structures that would, if they could, ban all civilian weapons. Such actions don't tend to happen all at once, but incrementally, over time.
I talk to shooters in other countries that are limited to antique cap and ball revolvers but can't acquire caps and powder without a special license or being a member of an organized target shooting association. Americans simply to not want to be in the position to have to petition the government for the privilege to choose which weapons we want to defend our homes with.

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
Great questions all.

Real Americans are individuals. Rugged individuals. They think independently, and don't play the "I am a club member" games. This may be news to you, but this country, America, was founded on the principles of rugged individualism and the principles of the Judeo/Christian philosophy.

The NRA on the other hand, is run by retired FBI agents that manage the NRA L.E. Training Division. You think the NRA is run by the Board, not exactly (get to some board members shortly). The NRA L.E. Division brings in a huge chunk of the funds, which give them much control, purse strings count. Did you ever wonder why if you are an NRA member, it is in your personal Hoover File? That is because the NRA spoon feeds its database of members to the FBI.

Are you aware that the USSC has twice ordered the FBI to destroy its data base of gun owners? The FBI has not complied, nor will they ever comply.

Are you aware that after the Sandy Hook murders, Larry Potterfield (NRA board member) has decided to not sell receivers that have serial numbers? Nor will he continue to sell any items requiring an FFL?

Do you really believe the the NRA has your interest at heart?

Why are their Board Members running for cover?

Did you hear Wayne's speech on Friday? Is that the case you wanted him to make? It was impotent, wait for the typical NRA compromises, its coming.

The NRA only represents a small number of gun owners in America, thank God.

Thank you for the time you took to answer my questions, but you didn't answer one...What is the name of the group that speaks for the "Real American" gun rights?

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
I talk to shooters in other countries that are limited to antique cap and ball revolvers but can't acquire caps and powder without a special license...

If they go with flintlocks, what will the government do? Regulate rocks?

Matchlocks are even simpler.

And you can make your own black powder.

Delmar said:
Open carry, everywhere! That should do it.

Isn't that what Adam Lanza was doing? :think:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If they go with flintlocks, what will the government do? Regulate rocks?

Matchlocks are even simpler.
I have a couple of cap and ball guns but I had not even heard of a Matchlock before. I had to google it! You may have given me an idea for my next project gun!
And you can make your own black powder.
Yes I can, but not everybody feels like that is something they want to try.
Isn't that what Adam Lanza was doing? :think:
He was carrying in violation of the law. Had it been legal to carry there, there might have been someone there who could have stopped him :think:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Shatner did it on an alien planet. How hard could it be?

(pretty hard actually, unless you have a source of high grade potassium nitrate and sulfur ores)

I have found KNO3 easier to come by locally than sulfur. Making quality charcoal is not that hard at all.

Christ's Word

Thank you for the time you took to answer my questions, but you didn't answer one...What is the name of the group that speaks for the "Real American" gun rights?

Right now, I don't think the smaller more conservative groups have a lobby in Washington, nor do any of the smaller groups have the authority to speak for ALL Americans.

What I think may happen, is similar to what happened in Montana, many states may just tell the FEDs to go suck eggs, and stay out of the enforcement of gun transactions in their state. With the Governor of New York calling for gun confiscation, they may push folks to the brink of civil war. The south is not giving up their guns, nor will they register them. The western states have enough sheriffs that are pro Bill of Rights, that I doubt the feds will be able to operate in many of these states.

Right now, there is a ground swell of individuals that are banding together and preparing for a fight. Not the typical militia nutjobs, but Bankers, Doctors, Lawyers, corporate execs and more. People in the Midwest are fed up with this garbage.

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
Right now, I don't think the smaller more conservative groups have a lobby in Washington, nor do any of the smaller groups have the authority to speak for ALL Americans.

What I think may happen, is similar to what happened in Montana, many states may just tell the FEDs to go suck eggs, and stay out of the enforcement of gun transactions in their state. With the Governor of New York calling for gun confiscation, they may push folks to the brink of civil war. The south is not giving up their guns, nor will they register them. The western states have enough sheriffs that are pro Bill of Rights, that I doubt the feds will be able to operate in many of these states.

Right now, there is a ground swell of individuals that are banding together and preparing for a fight. Not the typical militia nutjobs, but Bankers, Doctors, Lawyers, corporate execs and more. People in the Midwest are fed up with this garbage.

A straight forward honest opinion....Thank you!

Regardless of what people think about the President and or Congress they are not totally clueless and I doubt that they would attempt to confiscate weapons, they may attempt to ban certain types of firearms and large capacity mags but the AR ban was done once before so they may try to beef that one up some and get it passed again.

As for the militia groups out there, yes there are some nut jobs involved but at the same time there are Doctors, Lawyers, Bank Execs, and CEOs standing along side them and will be lending a voice of reason to guide their groups.

Civil War? All that would accomplish would be the down fall of all that we have accomplished in the last few hundred years, we are a long way away from that. It is going to take a long time before our system falls far enough for an armed revolt.

I for one am not ready to give up and face my brothers and neighbors across the battlefield, hopefully the thinkers of this nation are not either! Regardless of what people here think or may say about me personally, I have seen what it is like when facing the little fellows across the jungles that where pushing a different way of life on a people that did not want it. We as a nation did not hold on to our ideals of freedom for all those that ask for it and pulled out...never again!

My favorite saying has been and always will be

"Give me Liberty or give me Death"!

Unfortunately too many do not know what that means.

It is time for cool headed thinking from all because no one will like what could come next.

Christ's Word

A straight forward honest opinion....Thank you!

Regardless of what people think about the President and or Congress they are not totally clueless and I doubt that they would attempt to confiscate weapons, they may attempt to ban certain types of firearms and large capacity mags but the AR ban was done once before so they may try to beef that one up some and get it passed again.

As for the militia groups out there, yes there are some nut jobs involved but at the same time there are Doctors, Lawyers, Bank Execs, and CEOs standing along side them and will be lending a voice of reason to guide their groups.

Civil War? All that would accomplish would be the down fall of all that we have accomplished in the last few hundred years, we are a long way away from that. It is going to take a long time before our system falls far enough for an armed revolt.

I for one am not ready to give up and face my brothers and neighbors across the battlefield, hopefully the thinkers of this nation are not either! Regardless of what people here think or may say about me personally, I have seen what it is like when facing the little fellows across the jungles that where pushing a different way of life on a people that did not want it. We as a nation did not hold on to our ideals of freedom for all those that ask for it and pulled out...never again!

My favorite saying has been and always will be

"Give me Liberty or give me Death"!

Unfortunately too many do not know what that means.

It is time for cool headed thinking from all because no one will like what could come next.

I certainly respect your opinion, and wholeheartedly agree. I have met a number of cool headed thinking executives that also know that the current spending and manipulation of the financial systems can't go much longer. The long term viability of the U.S. Government is a pipe dream if drastic spending cuts are not made soon. I can tell you this: these same people will also ask you the question,

"If you can't trust the Feds with part of your money, why on earth would you trust the Feds with all of your guns?"