Theology Club: Do This in Rememberence of Me.

Doormat

Doormat said:
How did you partake unworthily if you were a believer?
I didn't believe the gospel when I did it.

Then you were sick and sleeping just as 1 Corinthians 11:30 states, i.e. dead in your sin, blind, unclean. But you implied 1 Corinthians 11:30 wasn't true for you when you partook unworthily.

Doormat said:
Hebrews 9:27 "...it is appointed for men to die once..."
I believe that.

One side of your mouth.

But most will die twice.

The other side. (Unless you care to explain Hebrews 9:27.)

The free gift is offered to all, not all are reconciled because they would rather shake their fist at him.

And they remain dead in sin. They don't die twice. The second death is not dying again; it's not dying twice.

It is what you confess that I know you are false.

Jesus was crucified for the sins of the world, was buried, and then raised for the justification of all those who believe in Him. 1 Corinthians 15:1-4.

Are you claiming I'm not saved? If you are, it proves you can't practice what you preach.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Do you believe Hebrews 9:27 is true or not? If it's true, explain what it means that "it is appointed for men to die once."

I believe exactly what it says:

Heb. 9:27 Inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once, and after this, judgment,

All men are appointed to die once in the physical, then to judgement, to everlasting life or the second death.

Rev. 20:14 Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.
Rev. 20:15 If anyone was not found written in the book of life, he was cast into the lake of fire.

No fuzz there...

Doormat

All men are appointed to die once in the physical, then to judgement, to everlasting life or the second death.

You've assumed the highlighted part and are reading it into the text.

Were you dead in your sins? If so, then you died. That's once.

Will you die again? Nope. John 11:26.

If you hadn't believed, would you be alive or still dead in your sin? Dead.

In that condition can you die a second time? No! That would require receiving life and then losing it again.

Rev. 20:14 Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.
Rev. 20:15 If anyone was not found written in the book of life, he was cast into the lake of fire.

No fuzz there...

Figurative language. It states that concepts (death and the grave) are annihilated (the second death). They're concepts, not people, so the second death is not about something or some people losing life. The ones not found in the book of life didn't have life, which is why they are not found written in the book of life.

John 6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

In that condition can you die a second time? No! That would require receiving life and then losing it again.

I was spiritually dead at birth as were you, I never died, I was born into that condition. I interpret the use of "Apothnesko" to be natural death in the physical. The second death spoke of in Revelation is the judgement, which is just as it says, the lake of fire.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you believe Hebrews 9:27 is true or not? If it's true, explain what it means that "it is appointed for men to die once."

I already covered it. Why are you asking again? Rocketman's refrence is about the Body of Christ, not Hebrews. You keep failing to rightly divide the word of Truth.

DAN P

Lighthouse; said:
Maybe so , and on the other forum I have written many different kinds of OP , amd many from the Gospels and also from Acts .

You sir , are a Prevaricator , pure and simple !!

It looks you you have been following my OP ??

You AMUSE me , with your SNIT remarks , to cause to change me from posting Dispensational OP !!

dan p

Doormat

Rocketman,

Do you and your wife have any children?

I was spiritually dead at birth as were you, I never died, I was born into that condition.

Please speak for yourself. I was not born "spiritually dead" at birth. Like Paul, as a child, I was alive without the law. It's when I transgressed the law that I died.

Romans 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

Apparently you believe in the doctrine of total depravity. The logical consequence of your belief is that dead babies generally don't get into heaven. Such a belief is why some baptize infants. Do you believe in infant baptism?

Consider that Jesus wants people to become like little children (Mt 18:3) because of such is the kingdom of God (Mt 19:14).

I interpret the use of "Apothnesko" to be natural death in the physical.

Revelation 20:14 uses thánatos, and applies it to the human concepts of "death" and "hades."

The second death spoke of in Revelation is the judgement, which is just as it says, the lake of fire.

That's not evidence that anyone will "die twice," the position you were trying to support.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Grace was extended to gentiles to make Israel jealous.
This reminds me of a joke:

Q: How good is bacon?
A: God told the Body of Christ they could eat it, to make Israel jealous.

Maybe so , and on the other forum I have written many different kinds of OP , amd many from the Gospels and also from Acts .
Really? Care to link to those?

You sir , are a Prevaricator , pure and simple !!
Prove me a liar.

It looks you you have been following my OP ??
Nope. I've just seen your name as the originator of many a thread, and whenever I go into the MAD forum your name is on most of the threads, if not all of them, that have had activity within the past 48 hours. And there are always one to three new ones, every day.

You AMUSE me , with your SNIT remarks , to cause to change me from posting Dispensational OP !!
I don't want you to stop. I want you to branch out. There's a difference.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Please stop. I do not think these attacks on others serve anyone's path back to God.

DAN P

Please stop. I do not think these attacks on others serve anyone's path back to God.

Hi , and when people ask to stop posting and say that all the OP'S ARE SIMILAR , when they are not !!

I then began posting on this MID-ACTS FORUM where there would be serious Dispensational thought !!

It seem obvious to me he wants a fight and I can do that and admits he has done very little OP 'S .

If he does it again , I will not hold back !!

dan p

kmoney

Hall of Fame

Figurative language. It states that concepts (death and the grave) are annihilated (the second death). They're concepts, not people, so the second death is not about something or some people losing life. The ones not found in the book of life didn't have life, which is why they are not found written in the book of life.

John 6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
Hi Doormat,
I can't say I've seen this interpretation before. I have a couple questions.

You are saying that we die once, and you mention a death that comes when we sin. If that is a death, and we also die physically, how is that not 2 deaths? Or are you saying none of these passages are about physical death?

Also, what judgment do you think is mentioned in Hebrews 9:27?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Hi , and when people ask to stop posting and say that all the OP'S ARE SIMILAR , when they are not !!

I then began posting on this MID-ACTS FORUM where there would be serious Dispensational thought !!

It seem obvious to me he wants a fight and I can do that and admits he has done very little OP 'S .

If he does it again , I will not hold back !!

dan p

1. You're the one being antagonistic.
  2. You're also the one taking it way too personally.
  3. You're also lying; I never said you need to stop posting, I only said you need to slow down. I simply think you need to quit "hogging the ball."

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
  1. You're the one being antagonistic.
  2. You're also the one taking it way too personally.
  3. You're also lying; I never said you need to stop posting, I only said you need to slow down. I simply think you need to quit "hogging the ball."

What you're saying to DanP....that he doesn't seem to get....is that about 95% of the postings in the MAD forum are by him.

So, in a nutshell....this forum has been slow and he has taken over.

Some people (myself included) find it offensive when someone becomes a "one man show" on these types of forums.

Instead of waiting PATIENTLY for others to respond.....they just keep on talking.

I hear what you're saying. At the same time, if other MAD propenents would participate more in the MAD forum....we'd have a larger pool from which to draw.

I've waited for over a week to hear Randy participate in some threads that he himself started. So, in other words...it's kindof a two way street. But, I do agree with you....like Beloved 57....I think that DanP should ease up a bit and work the threads he already has going on.

And if no one responds.....that should be a big clue to just be quiet for awhile. IMO.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
What you're saying to DanP....that he doesn't seem to get....is that about 95% of the postings in the MAD forum are by him.

So, in a nutshell....this forum has been slow and he has taken over.

Some people (myself included) find it offensive when someone becomes a "one man show" on these types of forums.

Instead of waiting PATIENTLY for others to respond.....they just keep on talking.

I hear what you're saying. At the same time, if other MAD propenents would participate more in the MAD forum....we'd have a larger pool from which to draw.

I've waited for over a week to hear Randy participate in some threads that he himself started. So, in other words...it's kindof a two way street. But, I do agree with you....like Beloved 57....I think that DanP should ease up a bit and work the threads he already has going on.

And if no one responds.....that should be a big clue to just be quiet for awhile. IMO.
Exactly.

Thank you.

Doormat

You are saying that we die once, and you mention a death that comes when we sin. If that is a death, and we also die physically, how is that not 2 deaths?

What we call physical death is illusory. The only real death is separation from God. Jesus said you will never die if you believe, and have no life in you if you don't believe. If you can never die, then you only died once when you became a sinner. The wicked only die once, for the same reason you died once. The "second death" is figurative for the destruction of the wicked; it's called the second death to distinguish it from the illusory (first) "death" Jesus called sleep.

Or are you saying none of these passages are about physical death?

The second death is annihilation, unbelief resulting in the loss of body and soul on the Day of the Lord. Physical death is illusory, the living spirit simply returns to God and the body returns to dust; it's described in a number of scriptures as sleep.

Also, what judgment do you think is mentioned in Hebrews 9:27?

It is the Day of the Lord.

2 Peter 3:6-13

6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
"And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment" (Hebrews 9:27 NKJV).

Why is it appointed for all to die once? We die because of our sin.

There are two ways in which we can die. One way is to stop breathing for whatever reason.

Paul explains the other way to die. "Do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?

"Therefore we were buried with him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been united together in the likeness of his death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of his resurrection" (Romans 6:3-5 NKJV).

We are raised with Christ as a new creature with eternal life held in trust for us by Jesus Christ until his coming.