The Wages of Sin is DEATH

Lon

Wow - strong words from people on here.

Yes. Realize it is heavy on informal debate. I think of it as a debate forum that seeks to be blunt and hash out truth with no holds barred.

"Bloom where you are planted" comes to mind but such a forum isn't for everyone. I prefer formal to informal debate, however. I endeavor to be formal, even if another is not, but am not always successful with that preference here. Some with heresy and atheist sentiments seem to require either a harsh rebuke or a dust shaking after the third and fourth time.

Sonnet

Yes. Realize it is heavy on informal debate. I think of it as a debate forum that seeks to be blunt and hash out truth with no holds barred.

"Bloom where you are planted" comes to mind but such a forum isn't for everyone. I prefer formal to informal debate, however. I endeavor to be formal, even if another is not, but am not always successful with that preference here. Some with heresy and atheist sentiments seem to require either a harsh rebuke or a dust shaking after the third and fourth time.

Ok.

Lon

The inward focus of interpretation rightly divided is by Divine revelation within, so called Pauline teaching is just a plagiarized version that still has some Esoteric truth laced in them
:nono: It amounts to 'my proof, my preference, my ideas, my corrections.' It is a religion of 'me' and a god created in 'my' own image. Look, I know it was hard to measure up, but I had to change/be changed. You miss that part every time. It isn't 'be yourself' or 'come with no qualifications.' Remember the wedding feast and the one without the robes was asked to leave? That's you. You can't 'come as you are.' The Good news is that those robes are all from Christ but you are rejecting them.

Galatians 3:1, 1:12 portrayed/revelation/Allegory/Figurative instead of being an actual sacrifice of flesh and blood that has no inheritance Matt 11:11, Galatians 4:23-28.
All you, correcting the Bible, cutting out parts, to fit you. It is a religion of you. I'm sure it fits you but the problem is that it cannot fit me. I'm not you. I'm not God either, but I know what He is like and I know what you are like, Zeke. I pretty much have to reject your theology. I have to use the same book you are professing to use, but I don't have the luxury (neither do you) of cutting/pasting or choosing only what I like. It must be lonely there all by yourself.
The truth isn't founded on so called Pauline teachings that have no time limits as in past or future theological theory that could close all their institutions down with the simple inward message found in 1Cor 13, which transcended all the doctrinal strains of mental infection that teach the lie of original sin and total depravity.
Sorry, but you express sin to me every time you type here on TOL. You are not a happy camper. I was born with original sin. I'm not trying to be my own god. I need a God and Savior because I'm totally unable John 15:5 Colossians 1:17. You've set your self up in that position.

Lon

You're losin' it old friend.

You might need to see a doctor as you can no longer carry on a conversation.
Well 2 Timothy 2:15 Realize that he is calling most to be studied workman. I've found that if I do just a bit of study (and scanning my old Greek notes) I can keep up with him pretty well. In a nutshell, being called to study to show ourselves approved workmen, I think, is actually a noble directive. I don't have too much of a problem with being challenged to up my learning curve game (except when I'm feeling lazy, then I'm definitely disgruntled). In Him

-Lon

fishrovmen

Well 2 Timothy 2:15 Realize that he is calling most to be studied workman. I've found that if I do just a bit of study (and scanning my old Greek notes) I can keep up with him pretty well. In a nutshell, being called to study to show ourselves approved workmen, I think, is actually a noble directive. I don't have too much of a problem with being challenged to up my learning curve game (except when I'm feeling lazy, then I'm definitely disgruntled). In Him

-Lon

Excellent post Lon. Some people just want everything spoon fed and only in the amount that they have the desire to chew and swallow at the time. The same people who would also complain about being hungry and not offered enough "food".

Reactions: Lon

fishrovmen

Excellent post Lon. Some people just want everything spoon fed and only in the amount that they have the desire to chew and swallow at the time. The same people who would also complain about being hungry and not offered enough "food".
I have been following PPS and alethiaphile for a few days and have kind of followed along, and continue to seek to understand the difficulties in translation from one language to another. I look forward to their explanations.

Reactions: Lon

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I have been following PPS and alethiaphile for a few days and have kind of followed along, and continue to seek to understand the difficulties in translation from one language to another. I look forward to their explanations.

so what is
-PPS and alethiaphile

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

However, you are always a class act Lon.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
This looks like a good time for an analogy.

We are spirit soul and body.

Just like a stereo receiver we have an antenna.

Our antenna is our spirit.

Being connected to the body it can utilize the five senses as well as receive spiritual communication from the prince of the air as well as from the Holy Spirit.