The Pathway Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lehrer

Hello, I'm Lehrer.

I started out as an atheist and began to study the Bible in order to debunk it and became a believer. I reject the pagan influence in apostate Christianity.

Though I have been posting on forums like this for about 15 or so years, it has been a while since I have had any sort of discourse with Christians. I'm a little reluctant because of my aforementioned rejection of pagan influence. Immortal soul, hell, trinity, rapture, the cross, Easter and Christmas, for example.

I'm not a Jehovah's Witness and never have been one but my beliefs are quite similar due to the rejection of pagan influence.

I don't believe, or agree with or have much interest in evolution. My website, the Pathway Machine is about a year old. I am working on a response to the Skeptic's Annotated Bible.

keypurr

Hello, I'm Lehrer.

I started out as an atheist and began to study the Bible in order to debunk it and became a believer. I reject the pagan influence in apostate Christianity.

Though I have been posting on forums like this for about 15 or so years, it has been a while since I have had any sort of discourse with Christians. I'm a little reluctant because of my aforementioned rejection of pagan influence. Immortal soul, hell, trinity, rapture, the cross, Easter and Christmas, for example.

I'm not a Jehovah's Witness and never have been one but my beliefs are quite similar due to the rejection of pagan influence.

I don't believe, or agree with or have much interest in evolution. My website, the Pathway Machine is about a year old. I am working on a response to the Skeptic's Annotated Bible.

Welcome friend, we seem to think alike. The historical church has done a great job of distorting truth, I am glad you see through it.
When folks start to think of Jesus as God, they have been totally misled.
Welcome to TOL.
Peace

elohiym

He seems to smart for that.

Then I must be pretty dumb for believing the scriptures...

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Revelation 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Freethinker93

Then I must be pretty dumb for believing the scriptures...

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Revelation 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Yes you are. Anyone that believes any of that can't be the brightest bulb in the box.

Freethinker93

Read your Bible.

It's all there, for those willing to believe God.

Maybe you could save me the trouble of getting up, finding my bible, dusting it off, putting on my glasses, and finding a specific passage.

Come on, you claim I have poor comprehension skills and a lack of common sense, elaborate. I'm all ears.

Or maybe you cant? Perhaps I'm not the one that needs to read a bible.

elohiym

Am I being called dumb by an individual who believes their savior was a carpenter that was also his own father?

Frankly, to call you dumb would be a compliment. I see you as evil.

You have a gift for misstating Christian beliefs in an offensive manner. Keep that up and soon we'll be rid of you. :thumb:

Freethinker93

Frankly, to call you dumb would be a compliment. I see you as evil.

You have a gift for misstating Christian beliefs in an offensive manner. Keep that up and soon we'll be rid of you. :thumb:

Evil is a little harsh, but you're entitled to your beliefs.

Elaborate on evil perhaps? You seem to be saying a lot, but saying very little at the same time. At least when I hurled a rude comment your way I was able to give my reasons. I call you dumb for believing in something as outlandish as Jesus being his own father. Or the story of Sampson and his magical hair. Or a man being swallowed by a whale.

If I misstate a christian belief perhaps it is only because they don't present their beliefs in a way that could be understood by a realistic mind.

Rid of me? Should I take that as a threat?

Status
Not open for further replies.