Theology Club: Small Talk

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Good to have a thread like this where we can discuss the birth of the Church in Acts 9. There are folks out there that realize that Christianity was born in this chapter, so they chop the bible off after Acts 8. I had someone send me a message to that effect on another site.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
To start things off on this topic--when did you first hear about Mid Act Dispensationalism?

I first heard the term when I joined TOL--even though it was my general bent long before I joined. I felt the Church era began when God commissioned Paul. Things changed when God brought Paul on the scene.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I haven't heard of the term before here. But when I picked up a Bible and actually started to read.....reading what Paul had to say in some spots was something like this.

A little more than deer in the headlights

It didn't all make sense either. Reading Acts really helped. I was quite familiar with the gospel of the kingdom from the catholics and pentecostals. Clete posted some now dead links that greatly summarized the points.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:idunno: I noticed that this topic disappears after it comes out of the active topics. It doesn't go under religious topics, political topics or other topics. What's up? It just goes away.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I was familiar with Acts 9 Dispensationalism and Hyper-Dispensationalism before I came to TOL but I never heard Acts9-D called MAD until I came to TOL.

It was first used in a derogatory manner. But it stuck with a lot of folks.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
First heard of MAD when I joined TOL. I had never even heard of the idea before. But after discussing it, and reading The Plot I couldn't deny it.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think they will be, Knight. As I said, many of us have wanted this for a while. It's just a slow start right now. I'll do my best to contribute as my time is more freed up.