Adoring cross, our instrument of cruelty sin, is blasphemy.

stephengoswami

BANNED
Banned

They make ornaments out of it and put it over bosom, entrance, over churches and on weapons. Christ never told to worship anything, not even himself, but follow his principles.

But lazy humanity seeks easy religion of idolatry. So they will make idol of anything connected to God or a sage. Cross is not Christ’s attribute but applied to him by our malice, which Christ submitted to bring us to repentance by moral influence. But repentance evading humanity readily evades and forgets that. So the sign and memory of cross no longer brings them to repentance. Rather they glorify it instead of glorifying Christ’s love which overcame our inflicted cross.
So when we adore cross we crucify him again.

SovereigntyIsGods

They make ornaments out of it and put it over bosom, entrance, over churches and on weapons. Christ never told to worship anything, not even himself, but follow his principles.

But lazy humanity seeks easy religion of idolatry. So they will make idol of anything connected to God or a sage. Cross is not Christ’s attribute but applied to him by our malice, which Christ submitted to bring us to repentance by moral influence. But repentance evading humanity readily evades and forgets that. So the sign and memory of cross no longer brings them to repentance. Rather they glorify it instead of glorifying Christ’s love which overcame our inflicted cross.
So when we adore cross we crucify him again.

I agree with you to an extent, but I believe the cross is meant to be tied to the identity of Christ. It signifies the single most important event in history. Without Christ' death on the cross, there is no reconciliation and salvation.

The cross should renew feelings of conviction and repentance if used in the right context. Glory should not be given to the cross, but to the one who died on it. And yes, a large amount of modern Christianity has reduced the cross into a trinket, but it's value is still great.

Letsargue

I agree with you to an extent, but I believe the cross is meant to be tied to the identity of Christ. It signifies the single most important event in history. Without Christ' death on the cross, there is no reconciliation and salvation.

The cross should renew feelings of conviction and repentance if used in the right context. Glory should not be given to the cross, but to the one who died on it. And yes, a large amount of modern Christianity has reduced the cross into a trinket, but it's value is still great.

Jesus dying on the cross is not a thing to be cheerful about. - You slew the Lord by simply being ( Lost ), and nothing more. - The killing of Jesus ( is the most hideous sin that anyone can do, and is the ( “Only Sin” ) that anyone is held responsible for!!!!! --- Galatians 3:1 KJV – “O foolish Galatians, ( who hath “Bewitched” you ), that ( ye should not “Obey the Truth” ), ( before whose eyes ) Jesus Christ ((( hath been ( “Evidently” ) set forth ))), (( crucified among you ))”? – The Galatians were “Gentiles”, not Jews; they weren’t under any form of Law!! – The word ( “Evidently ) is from the (( “Evidence” of Faith )) in the Word of Truth found in the ((( Gospel ))). - The Gospel is the “Evidence” that one “Sees” the crucifixion of Jesus. - To not ( Obey that Faith in the Gospel ), is the Second Death’s; Death Sentence. ------//--- 2 Thessalonians 1:8 KJV ---&--- 1 Peter 4:17 KJV –
You have no “Argument” with your doctrines that leave out being ( Baptized ), which is the “Obedience of the Gospel”; - the Death, Burial, and the Resurrection of Jesus Christ, (( The Seed of Salvation, and the watering of that Seed ))!!!

Paul – 090112

Buzzword

There's also the poetic side, honoring the physical pieces of wood for the sacrifice which took place upon them.

O Crux, splendidior cunctis astris,
Mundo celebris,
Hominibus multum amabilis,
Sanctior universis,
Que sola fuisti digna portare talentum mundi.
Dulce lignum, dulces clavos, dulcia ferens pondera.
Salva presentem catervam, in tuis hodie laudibus congregatam.
Alleluia, Alleluia.

O Cross, more splendid than all the stars,
Honored throughout the world,
Most worthy of the love of mankind,
More holy than all the universe,
Who alone were worthy to bear the ransom of the world.
Sweet wood, sweet nails, that bore the sweet burden,
Save your flock assembled here to sing your praises.

O Crux - Knut Nystedt

Letsargue

There's also the poetic side, honoring the physical pieces of wood for the sacrifice which took place upon them.

O Crux, splendidior cunctis astris,
Mundo celebris,
Hominibus multum amabilis,
Sanctior universis,
Que sola fuisti digna portare talentum mundi.
Dulce lignum, dulces clavos, dulcia ferens pondera.
Salva presentem catervam, in tuis hodie laudibus congregatam.
Alleluia, Alleluia.

O Cross, more splendid than all the stars,
Honored throughout the world,
Most worthy of the love of mankind,
More holy than all the universe,
Who alone were worthy to bear the ransom of the world.
Sweet wood, sweet nails, that bore the sweet burden,
Save your flock assembled here to sing your praises.

O Crux - Knut Nystedt

Would it be (( Anything )) if we made tooth picks out of the Wood?? -- ( I think not )!!! - That's not where anything about Truth lies.

Paul -- 090112

Letsargue

You really don't understand poetry do you?

(((((( Just God ))))))!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have maybe more poems than you. -- Yes I understand that poetry in the doctrine of Jesus Christ is making (( fun )) of Jesus Christ!!!! Truth, and the "Faith" in the Truth / Jesus Christ is (( "Not" )) Poetry!!!!

Paul -- 090212

stephengoswami

BANNED
Banned
You really don't understand poetry do you?
Verse or poetry is to be judged by its theme, not by its rhymes. The poetry presented by you idolatrously equates cross with Christ. If we impaled Christ or hanged him would be it be proper to glorify the impaling rod or the gibbet? We have to glorify the divine love overcoming them by following. Then we shall overcome our crosses too. Love

stephengoswami

BANNED
Banned
Jesus dying on the cross is not a thing to be cheerful about. - You slew the Lord by simply being ( Lost ), and nothing more. - The killing of Jesus ( is the most hideous sin that anyone can do, and is the ( “Only Sin” ) that anyone is held responsible for!!!!! --- Galatians 3:1 KJV – “O foolish Galatians, ( who hath “Bewitched” you ), that ( ye should not “Obey the Truth” ), ( before whose eyes ) Jesus Christ ((( hath been ( “Evidently” ) set forth ))), (( crucified among you ))”? – The Galatians were “Gentiles”, not Jews; they weren’t under any form of Law!! – The word ( “Evidently ) is from the (( “Evidence” of Faith )) in the Word of Truth found in the ((( Gospel ))). - The Gospel is the “Evidence” that one “Sees” the crucifixion of Jesus. - To not ( Obey that Faith in the Gospel ), is the Second Death’s; Death Sentence. ------//--- 2 Thessalonians 1:8 KJV ---&--- 1 Peter 4:17 KJV –
You have no “Argument” with your doctrines that leave out being ( Baptized ), which is the “Obedience of the Gospel”; - the Death, Burial, and the Resurrection of Jesus Christ, (( The Seed of Salvation, and the watering of that Seed ))!!!

Paul – 090112
I agree with the first passage but not with the second. Living Jesus is continuously preaching his love-gospel((no the replica of catholic gospel) to his active follower us. If you believe or not is not our concern, but We must or perish!

Letsargue

I agree with the first passage but not with the second. Living Jesus is continuously preaching his love-gospel((no the replica of catholic gospel) to his active follower us. If you believe or not is not our concern, but We must or perish!

Loving Jesus, (( Is doing what He said )), not saying that you ( love him ), or preaching some foolishness that is ( Not what He “didn’t” say to do ), like you are doing right ( now )!!!! --- ((( Satan is the -- “World’s Parent” --, and he has “NO” wife )))!!!!!!!!! – Now gloat on ( My error ) of yours!!!!!!

Paul – 090312

Buzzword

Verse or poetry is to be judged by its theme, not by its rhymes. The poetry presented by you idolatrously equates cross with Christ. If we impaled Christ or hanged him would be it be proper to glorify the impaling rod or the gibbet? We have to glorify the divine love overcoming them by following. Then we shall overcome our crosses too. Love

The point of poetry is to NOT be viewed in literal terms.

Thus, poetic praise of the instrument of Christ's death in no way doctrinally equates the method of death with the RESULT of His death and resurrection.
More, it reminds us (again, poetically) that without the instrument, i.e. without His sacrifice, we would never have the chance for reconciliation with God.

Let's use two slightly less esoteric examples than Nystedt's.

The Cross Made the Difference

On My Cross

If He'd been impaled or hung or disemboweled, and that impalement or hanging or disembowelment led to our salvation, then we could sing praises of THAT method of death, because it leads to our salvation.

If Good Friday hadn't been good, if Christ's death had been the end, then of course praising the method of His death would be farcical on its best day.
But it WASN'T.

Thus we can use the symbol of the cross to remind ourselves of His sacrifice, knowing that without it we would remain alienated from the Father forever.

Bradley D

To some in the church the Cross is a symbol of Faith! The Cross reminds me of my sins that put Jesus on the cross. It also gives me Hope for eternal life.

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Hebrews 11:1).

Letsargue

The point of poetry is to NOT be viewed in literal terms.

Thus, poetic praise of the instrument of Christ's death in no way doctrinally equates the method of death with the RESULT of His death and resurrection.
More, it reminds us (again, poetically) that without the instrument, i.e. without His sacrifice, we would never have the chance for reconciliation with God.

Let's use two slightly less esoteric examples than Nystedt's.

The Cross Made the Difference

On My Cross

If He'd been impaled or hung or disemboweled, and that impalement or hanging or disembowelment led to our salvation, then we could sing praises of THAT method of death, because it leads to our salvation.

If Good Friday hadn't been good, if Christ's death had been the end, then of course praising the method of His death would be farcical on its best day.
But it WASN'T.

Thus we can use the symbol of the cross to remind ourselves of His sacrifice, knowing that without it we would remain alienated from the Father forever.

It does not lead to your Salvation if you Kill your God!!!!!! - Just how do you arrive at that????????

And yes, you all use (( Symbols )) for everything. You all even immortalize every step Jesus took, if you can find them, if not, you'll make some up!!!

What do you think the ((( Gospel is for )))?? -It's not a Symbol!! - It's the foolish ( Murder ) of someone's God, and you praise it with (( Symbols ))!!!!!!

Paul -- 090412

stephengoswami

BANNED
Banned
It does not lead to your Salvation if you Kill your God!!!!!! - Just how do you arrive at that????????

And yes, you all use (( Symbols )) for everything. You all even immortalize every step Jesus took, if you can find them, if not, you'll make some up!!!

What do you think the ((( Gospel is for )))?? -It's not a Symbol!! - It's the foolish ( Murder ) of someone's God, and you praise it with (( Symbols ))!!!!!!

Paul -- 090412

Exactly!

stephengoswami

BANNED
Banned
To some in the church the Cross is a symbol of Faith! The Cross reminds me of my sins that put Jesus on the cross. It also gives me Hope for eternal life.

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Hebrews 11:1).

Use of a symbol for something spiritual is open to misuse. It can be used to represent something opposite. So we see iron cross of Hitler and on weapons. Prostitutes, criminals, drunkards hang it on neck. It is Christ-follower’s personal responsibility never to misuse a symbol to save (the love-integrity of) his soul

bucksplasher

Use of a symbol for something spiritual is open to misuse. It can be used to represent something opposite. So we see iron cross of Hitler and on weapons. Prostitutes, criminals, drunkards hang it on neck. It is Christ-follower’s personal responsibility never to misuse a symbol to save (the love-integrity of) his soul

Over rep. limit so ...good. tWINs