toldailytopic: Are some people born predestined to go to hell?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Depends how you define "choose" & also "freewill". If it were as obvious as escaping a visibly burning building then most occupants would either flee or those outside wouldn't enter (except for rescue purposes). It seems totally simplistic thinking to make this an issue where people either 'choose' Heaven or whichever take on hell....

Once one is confronted by the truth
of God's forgiveness, mercy and
eternal life as presented by the Holy Bible,
one has an opportunity to believe and be
placed into the body of Christ or to reject
God's plan of salvation and spend
eternity separated from God!!!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The Body of Christ was predetermined... corporately. Not individually.

If people were either predetermined to go to heaven or go to hell prior to their birth there would be no point in the gospel, no point in God's word at all. Those that would be saved... would be saved. Those that are destined to hell would be destined to hell. No sense in preaching the gospel or being compelled to follow God based on His deeds, word, and love.

The Bible paints a much different picture. A picture about men having the ability to choose to be with Him or not.

Matthew 23:37 “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing!

Revelation 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

John 5:40 “But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.

2Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

Amen!

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Yes.

Romans 9:22

Nang

This does not say that God is NOT "long suffering". There is a difference. It says that He "endured" it. There is a limit but it is AFTER the long suffering. They fit themselves.

Romans 2:5

5 But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: Are some people born predestined to go to hell?

This scripture should answer that question.

2 Peter 3:9 -The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

People that go to hell are not sent there by God. They send themselves to hell through their choice to reject Jesus and what He did on the Cross.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

This scripture should answer that question.

2 Peter 3:9 -The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

People that go to hell are not sent there by God. They send themselves to hell through their choice to reject Jesus and what He did on the Cross.

Amen & Amen!!

Arthur Brain

Once one is confronted by the truth
of God's forgiveness, mercy and
eternal life as presented by the Holy Bible,
one has an opportunity to believe and be
placed into the body of Christ or to reject
God's plan of salvation and spend
eternity separated from God!!!

Aye, because all non believers, those of different faiths or those who simply aren't sure of these 'choices' for varying reasons are just asking for this eternal fate. This is an example of the simplistic thinking I was talking about.

:plain:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Aye, because all non believers, those of different faiths or those who simply aren't sure of these 'choices' for varying reasons are just asking for this eternal fate. This is an example of the simplistic thinking I was talking about.

Are you a, "Born-again Christian??"

Arthur Brain

How anyone with the remotest ounce of love and compassion within their being can go along with an eternity of torment is utterly mind boggling. If anything smacks of the darkest realms of the human psyche it's the doctrine of "hell" as regards the above...

sky.

BANNED
Banned
How anyone with the remotest ounce of love and compassion within their being can go along with an eternity of torment is utterly mind boggling. If anything smacks of the darkest realms of the human psyche it's the doctrine of "hell" as regards the above...

Stay on topic. This thread isn't about Hell.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Can you answer the question above?? Are you a born again Christian?

Arthur Brain

Are you a, "Born-again Christian??"

I don't go in for labels as I've told you previous GM. But if you're that interested then I would have counted as such some years ago in the then church I was a part of, prayers, repentance and all. I left it after some of the most repugnant and contemptible attitudes towards other people I'd known and else besides in regards to the topic at hand.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I don't go in for labels as I've told you previous GM. But if you're that interested then I would have counted as such some years ago in the then church I was a part of, prayers, repentance and all. I left it after some of the most repugnant and contemptible attitudes towards other people I'd known and else besides in regards to the topic at hand.

Has the Holy spirit indwelt you and placed you into the "body of Christ?" Where will you go after you die and why??

Arthur Brain

Stay on topic. This thread isn't about Hell.

Uh, yes it is, otherwise what's the point of going on about being predestined to it or otherwise? If it's the grave then everybody already is unless you believe in a rapture....

Alate_One

So those who may be predestined to "hell" are still able to seek and believe? Is that what you're saying?

I'm saying those that are chosen will seek and believe, those that are not, won't.

The fate of all of humanity is the same except for the mercy of God. He will have mercy on whom he has mercy. It may not seem fair, but mercy isn't fair. But we don't fully know the extent of God's mercy and we don't really know that "hell" is a place of eternal punishment rather than annihilation either.

Arthur Brain

Has the Holy spirit indwelt you and placed you into the "body of Christ?" Where will you go after you die and why??

Look GM, I don't believe in eternal suffering or some sort of simple black/white/paradise/pit. To believe in eternal torment for others would mean sacrificing those attributes I happen to value such as empathy and compassion. I think the dogma of hell as such is a hideous fabrication of man rooted in manipulation through fear. The early church didn't teach this monstrous travesty in the main so if you're happy enough with eternal torment as being the "truth" then it's your choice.

Arthur Brain

I'm saying those that are chosen will seek and believe, those that are not, won't.

So only the 'chosen' would be capable of seeking while the rest are suppressed with no chance of what they'd need to avoid any sort of hell? Are the 'chosen' somehow better than the person next door?

The fate of all of humanity is the same except for the mercy of God. He will have mercy on whom he has mercy. It may not seem fair, but mercy isn't fair. But we don't fully know the extent of God's mercy and we don't really know that "hell" is a place of eternal punishment rather than annihilation either.

Do you consider yourself part of the 'chosen' then? Pretty easy to talk about mercy and fairness when you're on the positive side of it if so....