ECT Great Commission

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Who was Jesus talking to in the following verse?

(Acts 1:8) But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.

The eleven.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
it's what they translated the KJV from.

Not according to Bob Enyart.

From the Battle Royale:

We paid special attention to dozens of its thousands of handwritten notes which document the multiple stages of the KJB’s impressive revision process, for the King James was not actually a new translation, as we have learned, but a revision of the Anglican Catholic Bishops’ Bible.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Why not?

(Acts 1:8) But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

The Holy Spirit came upon them at Pentecost.

They preached in jerusalem

They preached in Samaria

What makes you think they didn't preach to the ends of the earth?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Why not?

(Acts 1:8) But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

The Holy Spirit came upon them at Pentecost.

They preached in jerusalem

They preached in Samaria

What makes you think they didn't preach to the ends of the earth?

WILL BE

1st to Jerusalem then Samaria the eventually . . . your house

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

You can't be serious?

Jesus didn't tell them to preach to every town in Israel before preaching in other nations.

(Acts 11:20) Some of them, however, men from Cyprus and Cyrene, went to Antioch and began to speak to Greeks also, telling them the good news about the Lord Jesus.

The above happened before they preached in every town in Israel.

SaulToPaul 2

You can't be serious?

Jesus didn't tell them to preach to every town in Israel before preaching in other nations.

(Acts 11:20) Some of them, however, men from Cyprus and Cyrene, went to Antioch and began to speak to Greeks also, telling them the good news about the Lord Jesus.

The above happened before they preached in every town in Israel.

To the twelve,

Matthew 10:23 (KJV)

To the eleven,

Matthew 28:19 (KJV)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
(Acts 10:29) So when I was sent for, I came without raising any objection. ...

Maybe you think Peter was dragged kicking and screaming.

Not so Lord!

Why did he react that way when he was baptized by the Holy Spirit with power and wisdom?

Give it up tetenstein.

But Peter lifted him up, saying, “Stand up; I myself am also a man.” 27 And as he talked with him, he went in and found many who had come together. 28 Then he said to them, “You know how unlawful it is for a Jewish man to keep company with or go to one of another nation. But God has shown me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

SaulToPaul 2

Not so Lord!

Why did he react that way when he was baptized by the Holy Spirit with power and wisdom?

Give it up tetenstein.

But Peter lifted him up, saying, “Stand up; I myself am also a man.” 27 And as he talked with him, he went in and found many who had come together. 28 Then he said to them, “You know how unlawful it is for a Jewish man to keep company with or go to one of another nation. But God has shown me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

Yes, all of this is well after Matthew 28:19 (KJV).
Tet doesn't know what he is talking about. Or worse yet, he is intentionally deceptive...which is possible.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Not so Lord!

Because he was taught not to eat unclean food.

Nowhere in the OT was it unlawful for an Israelite to keep company with, or go to one of another nation.

The Pharisees of Peter's day enforced the evil Talmud. The evil Talmud prohibited Jews from keeping company with someone from another nation.

Peter was afraid of the Pharisees, and their laws, customs, and traditions.

If you disagree just show us where in the OT Israelites were prohibited from going into a Gentile's house?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, all of this is well after Matthew 28:19 (KJV).
Tet doesn't know what he is talking about. Or worse yet, he is intentionally deceptive...which is possible.

You are so confused.

Jesus told His Apostles to preach unto the world.

However, the Apostles still thought the Israelites/Jews were superior to the Gentiles, as far as being clean/unclean.

The sheet vision, taught Peter that the Gentiles were no different than the Israelites/Jews.

Later on, Paul tells us there is no difference between Jew and Gentile.

Peter's sheet vision was the first they were taught that there was no difference between Jew and Gentile.

Right Divider

Body part
You are so confused.

Jesus told His Apostles to preach unto the world.

However, the Apostles still thought the Israelites/Jews were superior to the Gentiles, as far as being clean/unclean.

The sheet vision, taught Peter that the Gentiles were no different than the Israelites/Jews.

Later on, Paul tells us there is no difference between Jew and Gentile.

Peter's sheet vision was the first they were taught that there was no difference between Jew and Gentile.
If the difference of J/G ends at the cross, why did God wait so long to tell Peter?