toldailytopic: Personal finances. How are you safe guarding your money in this volati

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 24th, 2010 11:27 AM

toldailytopic: Personal finances. How are you safe guarding your money in this volatile economy?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Obviously you don't need to give us specifics but what are your general strategies to protect your retirement and savings in these crazy times we are living in?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
A lot of people are talking about buying silver. Anyone have any advice?

Not that I have any money to invest. :chuckle:

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: Personal finances.
How are you safe guarding your money in this volatile economy?

It is like "Click before you send," . . . "Think before you spend."

We are on a fixed income, with a bit extra income. We put on ourselves on a budget before the economy went south for awhile. The extra income along with part of our discretionary that we do not spend goes into a different bank, that we do not use, that is or safeguard for now. — The following should not be taken for financial advice, Since I was in the funeral profession, we invested in a large funeral service provider, and still do.

I believe saving is wise, and a person should made a hedge of safe keeping for the money, as best they can . . .

We also believe being faithful consistent support to the Lord in supporting (like investing) in things we believe in, things that count, things that matter. To some that may sound unbiblical or even a bit crazy, but to me that is like a safeguard for sound investing for the day that we live in. The Lord is a reliable banker believe me. Little is much when God is in it. No it is NOT "Name it and claim it" or "Gab it and grab it" . . . Because it was the Lord who gave manna from heaven and the finest wheat, keep the vessel of oil and the barrel of oats full, caused the axe head to float, put coins in the mouth of the fish, made 2 and 5 = 12. God is faithful, and His promises are Yes! and Amen! See Matthew 6:25-34; Luke 12:22-31, Besides Jesus said it, it is in red, Jesus is light and truth.

So we support a missionary, a food pantry; and an unnamed entity of importance when we can.
(2 Corinthians 8:11-15; 9:6-13)

As for the retirement/healthcare nursing home work and chaplaincy, it has always been taken care of, never have taken an offering, and yet the funds were there to take of whatever need we had or have.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

toldailytopic: Personal finances.
How are you safe guarding your money in this volatile economy?

It is like "Click before you send," . . . "Think before you spend."

We are on a fixed income, with a bit extra income. We put on ourselves on a budget before the economy went south for awhile. The extra income along with part of our discretionary that we do not spend goes into a different bank, that we do not use, that is or safeguard for now. — The following should not be taken for financial advice, Since I was in the funeral profession, we invested in a large funeral service provider, and still do.

I believe saving is wise, and a person should made a hedge of safe keeping for the money, as best they can . . .

We also believe being faithful consistent support to the Lord in supporting (like investing) in things we believe in, things that count, things that matter. To some that may sound unbiblical or even a bit crazy, but to me that is like a safeguard for sound investing for the day that we live in. The Lord is a reliable banker believe me. Little is much when God is in it. No it is NOT "Name it and claim it" or "Gab it and grab it" . . . Because it was the Lord who gave manna from heaven and the finest wheat, keep the vessel of oil and the barrel of oats full, caused the axe head to float, put coins in the mouth of the fish, made 2 and 5 = 12. God is faithful, and His promises are Yes! and Amen! See Matthew 6:25-34; Luke 12:22-31, Besides Jesus said it, it is in red, Jesus is light and truth.

So we support a missionary, a food pantry; and an unnamed entity of importance when we can.
(2 Corinthians 8:11-15; 9:6-13)

As for the retirement/healthcare nursing home work and chaplaincy, it has always been taken care of, never have taken an offering, and yet the funds were there to take of whatever need we had or have.
That's awesome! Thank you for your wisdom!

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 24th, 2010 11:27 AM

toldailytopic: Personal finances. How are you safe guarding your money in this volatile economy?

My husband and I do not consider our money our own . . . and continuous attempts to give it away, makes it keep coming back.

Go figure.

Principle: One cannot out-give God.

Nang

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
???

Obama has righted the ship. We are rock solid. CNN said long live the recovery. Live high on the hog.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Property

What Psalmist said save, do not consume just to have the latest gadget. Investments are still good if you know how to play the market. If you don't, save just ahead of inflation.

Pay off your home mortgage.

TeeJay

Obviously you don't need to give us specifics but what are your general strategies to protect your retirement and savings in these crazy times we are living in?

Knight,

I just received a revelation from God: Jesus is coming back on July 4th of this year. He told me to advised everyone to sell their homes and all material possessions, cash in all stocks and bonds, and give all the money into my ministry, holding nothing back.

God bless, Tom from Mabank, TX

Pierac

Knight,

I just received a revelation from God: Jesus is coming back on July 4th of this year. He told me to advised everyone to sell their homes and all material possessions, cash in all stocks and bonds, and give all the money into my ministry, holding nothing back.

God bless, Tom from Mabank, TX

Praise GOD! I just happen to have 2 million dollars I want to give you! However, it's tied up in probate court. If you send me $50,000 dollars then I will be able to free up the money to send to you ASAP! Don't delay or I can't share God's money with you! If you can't trust someone with over two thousand post on TOL... who can you trust? Send money now!!! ;)

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.