toldailytopic: On a scale of 1-10 (1 being worst, 10 being best) how would you rate,

highlife

For winter time, it is a -1. For all other seasons, it is an 8 or 9. I currently live in Nebraska, and didn't realize what I would be giving up (weather wise) when I moved from California where it only snowed in our area maybe one day every five years.

I HATE snow and overly cold weather. For me, moderately warm to hot weather rules supreme.

Cali certianly capitalizes on that weather through their taxes as does hawaii. I would rather buy warm clothes ONCE than be continually extorted by the state and local governments in cali.

I had a professor that once lived in cali and made 200k a year, one year his accountant told him to tally up ALL of his taxes and he discovered he was paying nearly 60% in taxes (state, federal, sales, etc) so he promptly quite his job and moved to Alaska, all his coleagues moved out of the country. There is some nice weather in central and south america and some nice spots.

One has to make their money in arctic climates where cost of living and taxes are cheaper and then retire someplace nice out of country where your money goes alot further.

The only way to live well in cali is to grow pot or already be mega rich (but you will still get hammered in property tax and sales tax). Most nice places in america are pricing themsleves out of fiscal feasability for most people.

highlife

I'd say 9.5. What's better than Southern California.

costa rica, or any other nice expat community with good weather that does not have outragious taxes. How can you even afford to live there. Do you have some kind of property tax exemption or live on food stamps? No goals in life that require substantial amounts of money? Just pay out the wazzo to the govt for the right to walk on the beach in nice weather?

Can you even retire with the excessive money the govt takes?

Cracked

Where I live, the winters are mild compared to the surrounding area, but I miss the snow. Spring and Autumn are both very good, but summer is terrible hot. So, 5+8+8+3=24/4= an overall rating of 6.

aaronhop

I would rate weather in my area at a 9. Spring and fall are absolutely beautiful; and there are only a few weeks each winter/summer that are unbearably cold/hot. There is a decent but not excessive amount of rain (same with snow in the winter). But overall, there is just a lot of diversity with the weather and I kinda like that.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's a little too hot in the summer and a little too cold in the winter, but that is why I bought a house with heat and AC. I'll go with an 8. I like the seasons!

eameece

Northern CA is the best. That's why we have a foreclosure crisis and long commutes, etc. People want to live here. Sometimes a bit too hot or cold, but mostly just right all year. 8

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Northern CA is the best. That's why we have a foreclosure crisis and long commutes, etc.

That isn't because of the weather eameece, that is high taxation & over-regulation driving companies to do business elsewhere and people moving to a less oppressive place to live, work, and raise a family. It was hardly the weather that caused the foreclosures and the lack of decent jobs. I agree the weather is awesome in California despite all the crazy liberals who want to ruin this state. :plain:

One Eyed Jack

I'll give the Piedmont in North Carolina an overall seven. Granted, it gets pretty hot in the summer, but we have really mild winters. We can go for years without snow.

Quincy

I'd rate it a 7 here. We had a normal mild winter for the first time in what seems like ages. Then it got quite warm quickly and I love hot weather. I knock a few points off because of hail storms and tornadoes we had in early spring, quite abnormal. They did quite a bit of damage in the area so it's not been perfect but overall I have enjoyed the weather.

This Charming Manc

I thought you guys had climate not weather ?

I would give the UK a 3 its the worst thing about living here. However we never know what we are going to get.

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for June 15th, 2012 08:26 AM

toldailytopic: On a scale of 1-10 (1 being worst, 10 being best) how would you rate, all year long, the weather where you live? Explain your rating.

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

eameece

That isn't because of the weather eameece, that is high taxation & over-regulation driving companies to do business elsewhere and people moving to a less oppressive place to live, work, and raise a family. It was hardly the weather that caused the foreclosures and the lack of decent jobs. I agree the weather is awesome in California despite all the crazy liberals who want to ruin this state. :plain:
I guess you have to chime in with your trickle-down drivel, just as happens everywhere. The weather means people want to live here. You as a trickle-downer believe in supply and demand, right? You can only stuff so many houses somewhere, and still keep the whole place from being painted with parking stripes, without high demand encouraging real estate speculators to raise home prices. That's what has happened. Do you get it now? Home prices are far higher in CA than anywhere else. That's because of the weather and scenery etc. When the housing bubble burst, it meant foreclosures, evictions, job losses. Get it now rocketman? You can't live where you can't afford to live.

Taxes on business is not "oppression;" it is asking the wealthy to pay their share. That is fairness, not oppression. Stop with your trickle-down slogans of "freedom." Free enterprise has nothing to do with freedom. It is slavery, unless it is regulated and taxed. :sigh:

Cleekster

I'll give spring and fall a 9(there's always room for improvement), [this] winter which was abnormally warm a 7(a 5 generally though), and summer which is usually fairly humid a 3..... i'd rather be cold than hot.(Kentucky)

i used to live in Mississippi and if it wasn't for the summers that are hotter than hell i would prefer the weather there in general.