toldailytopic: On a scale of 1-10 (1 being worst, 10 being best) how would you rate,

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for June 15th, 2012 08:26 AM

toldailytopic: On a scale of 1-10 (1 being worst, 10 being best) how would you rate, all year long, the weather where you live? Explain your rating.

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Four months of the year, it's a -2.

It's hot. As General Sherman remarked after his duty in Texas, "If I owned Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas."

Spring and fall are 8s. Winter is a 5.

Overall... 5.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
For winter time, it is a -1. For all other seasons, it is an 8 or 9. I currently live in Nebraska, and didn't realize what I would be giving up (weather wise) when I moved from California where it only snowed in our area maybe one day every five years.

I HATE snow and overly cold weather. For me, moderately warm to hot weather rules supreme.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'd say we are at a 3.

Colorado can have beautiful evenings in the summer but this year they have been way too few. Far too many clouds and windy days this year.

I think it might be time for me to move to Florida.

Memento Mori

7 probably.

It's been getting hot but thankfully not too hot. I prefer to have windows open so this has been almost perfect for me.

The other half keeps closing it down and turning on the air.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for June 15th, 2012 08:26 AM

toldailytopic: On a scale of 1-10 (1 being worst, 10 being best) how would you rate, all year long, the weather where you live? Explain your rating.

NORMAL folks would most likely rate the weather in Vegas as a 9 or 10. True, it can get a mite chilly in during the short winter, but overall it is warm, warmer, and VERY HOT all year long.

For folks such as myself who prefer actual seasons, it isn't my favorite place. 115 to 120 degrees for days and days and days and days is a bit too much for me.

I miss the snow and the rain and weather of any kind. Overall, I give it a rating of 2.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Last night, my AC blew a capacitor. Fortunately, it rained this morning, and it was cloudy and less than 90 degrees out.

And the AC man got here quickly and took care of it. I hate sleeping when it's hot.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Last night, my AC blew a capacitor. Fortunately, it rained this morning, and it was cloudy and less than 90 degrees out.

And the AC man got here quickly and took care of it. I hate sleeping when it's hot.

I CAN'T sleep when it's hot. That is one of my biggest dislikes of Vegas. The air conditioner finally cools my room enough by about 2 or 3 in the morning to where the temperature is tolerable for sleep.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This year Minnesota gets a 6. The Winter was too warm and bred nasty colds. I like Winters that get cold and stay cold. It kills the viruses. I also like to trudge around in the snow.

Son of Jack

I'm in Mississippi. I'd give the weather an 8.5.

The Summers get really hot most years. But the Springs, Falls, and Winters are absolutely wonderful. It never really gets that cold and almost never snows (the threat of snow closes schools sometimes).

Back when we lived in North Carolina, I'd say that that weather deserved 9.9. The Fall and Spring there were absolutely perfect and lasted for months instead of weeks.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
10. I very seldom use heat in the winter and very seldom use air conditioning in the summer. My electric bills average about $80 per month and that includes a $12 charge for the streetlamp in my front yard.

Dena

This year I'll give it a 6 since it was warm. I loath cold weather and snow. This year we really didn't have any snow at all which is fine with me.

Normally, I've give it a 4 because of the winters.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'd give it a 7, most years. This year, so far, I'd give it a 5. It got too warm, too early, this year.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Knight writes:
I'd say we are at a 3.

Colorado can have beautiful evenings in the summer but this year they have been way too few. Far too many clouds and windy days this year.

I think it might be time for me to move to Florida.

O.K. Just don't move to California and take up flying experimental aircraft. I like this place.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
:think: I guess I'll say 7.

The winters aren't as bad as farther up in the northeast. We get snow, which I don't like except around the holidays, but blizzards and storms that drop multiple feet of snow aren't really common.

The humidity isn't as bad as the southeast.

The heat isn't as bad as the south and southwest.

Springs and falls are really nice here.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: On a scale of 1-10 (1 being worst, 10 being best) how would you rate,
all year long, the weather where you live?
Explain your rating.

Houston, 4th largest city, based on last years Drought it isn't looking much better this year. Houston has a some cool months like December to March, and the rest are hot. Summer wise a 3, winter a 6, there really is no fall or spring here. So 3 + 6 = 9, that will be 4.5 average.

As for Colorado and Metro-Denver, I give that a 8.5, we lived there for a long time and even with the worst of weather events that area is to always the best.