TOL Pet Memoriam

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Hey T.H. I was digging around looking at old threads when I saw this. I immediately remembered my orange Tabby Slice, who passed in November 2010. He was such a fine tom, even played fetch.

Here is a pic.

Slice%2520hamming%2520it%2520up%2520for%2520the%2520camera.jpg

Oh my,

We had an orange tabby that looked just like yours a few years back, that we named "Beast." He was wonderful . . . but he did not fetch. :ha:

Nang

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Since I last posted on this thread, I have lost 2 more dogs and now my kitty has developed diabetes, so when she is gone, I will be petless. And I am not going to replace them, because I don't want any more pain like I go through losing them!

That's what I said. But I always get another. The pain of losing them is nothing compared to the emptiness of not having them. Those of us who love animals (and I'm gratified to see how many of us are here on TOL) don't feel complete without those four feet walking behind.

Thanks, all of you, for your condolences. It's kind of you, and very much appreciated.

dreadknought

Orange cats are cool!
I agree, but I have a bias on this particular :D

Oh my,

We had an orange tabby that looked just like yours a few years back, that we named "Beast." He was wonderful . . . but he did not fetch. :ha:

Nang
:chuckle: My high school/college sweetheart's cat played fetch, I was blown away. I've had, can't really say trained, 4 cats that have played fetch over the last 20 years (an orange & white, a Persian, a gray & white & Slice), 3 have passed, 1 ran off.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"...These creatures of God's creation that we take to be ours matter, they matter because they were here and we made the a part of our life, it matters whether it was a dog, cat, bird, fish, etc., that we made them a part of our life, those of who have or have had one such a companion are or were truly blessed..."
:thumb: All that God created is good (Ge 1:31).

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Since I last posted on this thread, I have lost 2 more dogs and now my kitty has developed diabetes, so when she is gone, I will be petless. And I am not going to replace them, because I don't want any more pain like I go through losing them!

Nang
Oh no! :sigh: I'm very sorry.

Last edited:

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't know how old Lady was. So, she could have died of old age. We got her when :jessilu: was about fifteen. Lady was full grown then. :jessilu: and one of her friends were out riding their bikes. One of our neighbors (about 2 miles away) told :jessilu: that if she didn't take Lady, he was going to shoot her. She was spayed and fully trained when we got her.

You should have seen Lady the first time we put a collar on her. It was like she knew she had a home where she would be loved. That dog put up with :jessilu: dressing her up, as well. In fact, she got to where we had to put a sweatshirt that :jessilu: had outgrown on her because she would start pulling out clothes for us to put on her. :chuckle:

I can't find a picture right now.

Son of Jack

I don't know how old Lady was. So, she could have died of old age. We got her when :jessilu: was about fifteen. Lady was full grown then. :jessilu: and one of her friends were out riding their bikes. One of our neighbors (about 2 miles away) told :jessilu: that if she didn't take Lady, he was going to shoot her. She was spayed and fully trained when we got her.

You should have seen Lady the first time we put a collar on her. It was like she knew she had a home where she would be loved. That dog put up with :jessilu: dressing her up, as well. In fact, she got to where we had to put a sweatshirt that :jessilu: had outgrown on her because she would start pulling out clothes for us to put on her. :chuckle:

I can't find a picture right now.

Sounds like a wonderful dog, Nori. I'm sorry for your loss.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Delmar's
"Ziggy"

In memory of
A special absent friend, loyal to the end.

600x450px-LL-7a9b945d_protector.jpeg

Signed ~ Psalmist

Last edited by a moderator:

bybee

The loss of a beloved pet leaves a hole in the family fabric but also leaves wonderful memories. Blessings to all who have loved a pet.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Psalmist
You had your post formatted so nicely I decided to add the photo to it. What do you think?

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
My dog started deteriorating, but we intercepted it quickly with medication (steroids) and others to slow the fail of his nervous system.

Online diagnosis is such a great thing.

His passing is inevitable, being nearly 14 it's a "miracle" he's lived so long, I shall miss him when he goes, being the closest thing to a brother next to my brother.

Sometimes more or a brother, we don't insult each other, and more attractive than my sister too. (Kidding)

I know how it feels to be consumed with concern for a pet's well-being.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Sebastian waited thirteen years for his boy. He got a little over two years to enjoy him.

picture.php

RIP: A Boy's Best Friend, young or old.​

Reactions: Lon

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Oh, TH. I am so sorry. :(

What a sweet dog... I love the photo of him with Jack in the wagon.

I'm so glad he had those two years.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Oh, TH. I am so sorry. :(

What a sweet dog... I love the photo of him with Jack in the wagon.

I'm so glad he had those two years.
He LOVED Jack and the feeling was mutual. I have a great many pictures of them running about the yard...I'll probably post more of him later. I used the larger one as the front and center because I thought it captured the kindness with which he met everyone, a thing made more remarkable considering the horrific abuse he'd suffered in the first year of life, before we brought him home from a half way shelter.

He'll be missed the way a boy gives up summer.