toldailytopic: Memorial Day: why is it special to you?

Alate_One

eameece - America's freedom allows you to move a country where you would like it better.

Why is it when right wingers disagree with someone they immediately paint the other person as unamerican and tell them they should leave? That's hardly patriotic.

highlife

Why is it when right wingers disagree with someone they immediately paint the other person as unamerican and tell them they should leave? That's hardly patriotic.

Yea but then when ceritan individuals actually try to leave they throw a temper tantrum lol. Thats why people like lightbringer are not intellectually credible.

Alate_One

Well said. May God save us! This is an example of "entitlement sit-in and suck off of society" mentality.
I see this but there's also a blanket acceptance of military action in our society. We figure that if we honor our vets on memorial day and wave the flag we've done our part.

We seem to be incapable of dealing with the idea that very real people are maimed and killed every day that we engage in military action. It says something about how much we value human life as to how readily we engage in these actions. The Afghanistan war has been nearly off the "radar screen" of most Americans for some time now. If American TV were regularly interrupted with shots of what is really going on in Afghanistan we would have been out long ago and people would not be so willing to send other people's children to war.

American freedom has been a beacon around the world throughout history because our heroes have paid the price to maintain it.
Sometimes more than others. Freedom is not only maintained on the battlefield. Sometimes it is maintained in the ballot box. Sometimes it is maintained and expanded on the streets. We should all participate in our democracy, I believe this is just as important as taking up arms, probably more so in the kind of world we live in today.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
The swim club is officially open.

I can wear white without feeling like I'm taking a fashion risk.

Thunder's Muse

In Australia, ANZAC Day is possibly the most important day of the year.

April 25th marks the first major military action of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corp in Gallipoli.

These men literally saved our country. The spirit of the ANZACs is a part of our national identity.

By the Kakoda trail, stands a memorial to the ANZACs with the inscription:

COURAGE ENDURANCE MATESHIP SACRIFICE

God Bless our National Hero's.

eameece

Is it freedom to have what you earn taken and given to someone else?

You have a screwed up view of freedom.

Now back to the regularly scheduled thread.

Praise God for the men and women who were brave enough and loved this country enough to sacrifice themselves for our freedom.

thsmiley-transport032.gif

A further reply to your stupid remark above. If you have a problem with folks like me complaining about abuses of freedom here in America, then maybe you should go live in Saudi Arabia or Syria where such speech is not allowed. Maybe you'd feel better there.

Your idea of freedom amounts to free enterprise. That is totally screwed up. Freedom is not free enterprise, and money is a government program. Taxes you pay go to social programs that will benefit you and your friends if you should fall on hard times. That is freedom, not the screwy trickle-down economics that you believe in. That is freedom for the rich only.

eameece

And so much safer for you!:chuckle:

A man will show his true colors in his actions defending that which he holds dear.

It is good that you would not endanger yourself in order any one else may enjoy freedom, many have sacrificed so that you may be able to set back and disrespect their actions.

Well done young American!

It is so much more respectful of soldiers to actively resist the policies that get them killed in stupid and unnecessary wars like those you and your Republican politicians support and create, than to support sending them off to those stupid wars. Not so well-done young man.

eameece

Well said. May God save us! This is an example of "entitlement sit-in and suck off of society" mentality.
American freedom has been a beacon around the world throughout history because our heroes have paid the price to maintain it.
Our heroes were sent into wars which were mostly about not maintaining it.

eameece

You have been sooo mistreated, I'm sure you'll enjoy your next home....if you can find one that will listen to your whining.
There are plenty of people here who will listen to his whining, and mine. That is the only thing that makes America, America. If you don't like the whining, go live in an authoritarian country, rather than trying like your Republican friends to make this country authoritarian.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
A further reply to your stupid remark above. If you have a problem with folks like me complaining about abuses of freedom here in America, then maybe you should go live in Saudi Arabia or Syria where such speech is not allowed. Maybe you'd feel better there.

Your idea of freedom amounts to free enterprise. That is totally screwed up. Freedom is not free enterprise, and money is a government program. Taxes you pay go to social programs that will benefit you and your friends if you should fall on hard times. That is freedom, not the screwy trickle-down economics that you believe in. That is freedom for the rich only.

You didnt read the thread title did you.

Memorial Day: why is it special to you?

Its not special to you in any way obviously so why are you here?

Oh thats right, extreme liberals believe everything is about them or should be. Either that or you are a complete moron who cant read or understand what they read. Take your pick.

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
It is so much more respectful of soldiers to actively resist the policies that get them killed in stupid and unnecessary wars like those you and your Republican politicians support and create, than to support sending them off to those stupid wars. Not so well-done young man.

There are plenty of people here who will listen to his whining, and mine. That is the only thing that makes America, America. If you don't like the whining, go live in an authoritarian country, rather than trying like your Republican friends to make this country authoritarian.

And I thought the flower child movement died out years ago...San Jose California and a liberal...who would have thought!

Are you even old enough to remember that era?

eameece

And I thought the flower child movement died out years ago...San Jose California and a liberal...who would have thought!

Are you even old enough to remember that era?

Why should it die out? Yes I grew up in that era.

Not that this is in any way relevant. There are plenty of Americans who protested our most-recent unnecessary war.

eameece

You didnt read the thread title did you.

Memorial Day: why is it special to you?

Its not special to you in any way obviously so why are you here?

Oh thats right, extreme liberals believe everything is about them or should be. Either that or you are a complete moron who cant read or understand what they read. Take your pick.

I'm slicing and dicing the topic as I choose. The real heroes we most need to remember are the activists who worked for peace and freedom here in America.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
I'm slicing and dicing the topic as I choose. The real heroes we most need to remember are the activists who worked for peace and freedom here in America.
Which proves the point of:
Angel4Truth said:
I pick all of the above.

bybee

There would be no America without those who fought and died to achieve liberty.

eameece

There would be no America without those who fought and died to achieve liberty.

False. Liberty and a new nation could have been achieved more gradually without revolution. The South could have been allowed to secede. The threats of WWII were caused by our actions and others in WWI. Arguably, it was mostly about our allies' freedom and not ours. All the other wars were wars of conquest, not defenses of our freedom.

highlife

False. Liberty and a new nation could have been achieved more gradually without revolution. The South could have been allowed to secede. The threats of WWII were caused by our actions and others in WWI. Arguably, it was mostly about our allies' freedom and not ours. All the other wars were wars of conquest, not defenses of our freedom.

Well the keiser of WW1 was not much better than hitler lol. I think if we had not interveined we would have been forced into the war on our own soil after britian was taken over. Then the fight would be over malta, the azors and other islands to stage out of since all of our carriers were in the pacific.