Couple Things I've noticed as a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

phankins

Not sure if my account needs something done with it or if I'm just too new to have certain privileges. Any time I click on Advance Search, Show all threads by this person, show all pots by this person I get this:

phankins, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I've also noticed that the chat box is greyed out and I can cant submit any chats through there....

no big deal, just wasn't what I expected.

fool

Hall of Fame
For three dollars a month you can have all these things and more.......

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
did you come here to just talk about the problems you are having as a newbie
or
do you have something to say about religion?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Not sure if my account needs something done with it or if I'm just too new to have certain privileges.
You are...two weeks and 50 posts gets you privileges. It's TOL's way of weeding out the "bored for a day/let's stir things up" crowd.
I've also noticed that the chat box is greyed out and I can cant submit any chats through there....no big deal, just wasn't what I expected.
Chatbox, like the Woodshed, is for subscribers only. I've often wondered why Chat can't be seen by non subscribers as an inducement (it can get a bit funny from time to time)...:think:

You were great in Star Wars, by the way. :thumb:

rainee

Hi Phankins!

I am a newbie too and also get the same messages.
Not only that but I have two buddies in my buddy box and a "pm" next to their names - meaning no doubt "private messaging." However, this is not available to me either. But thanks to you and your posting I see now it all makes sense! "All things come to those who wait," is that the saying? So we will hang tight till then!

Thanks for posting this!

rainee

Newman

We hold initiation ceremonies every third full moon in an undisclosed location (we'll find you). Bring a 2x4, $50, and a rubber duckie. I would get some medical insurance, too.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The chatbox can be viewed by everyone (even non-subscribers) except folks that are not logged in.

Ah....:think:...then I've recently begun to wonder why it is that chatbox can't be viewed by everyone before they subscribe or create accounts, as an inducement to get at it. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.