Tap-A-Talk

Tap-A-Talk

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I have seen numerous people mention tap-a-talk here on TOL. What is it and who uses it ?

How does it work ?

Is it for smart phones or all devices ? Desktops ? Do you just talk and the computer types ?

This can also be a thread for Tips about Tap-A-Talk or other info.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Tap-a-Talk is an app for smartphone that will allow you to easily use forums such as TOL.

When we had our own app we were using the same platform. It works great on tablets and smartphones.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Tap-a-Talk is an app for smartphone that will allow you to easily use forums such as TOL.

When we had our own app we were using the same platform. It works great on tablets and smartphones.

Sounds like it has a few bugs but very useful and convenient -

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Don't use it. I believe the other TOL app is being discontinued, too. The best software used to send members e-mails when someone replied to a post.

PureX

What are it's advantages?

I have an iPad, and can access TOL with it. But it's slow to type on as all touch pads are. How does this ap improve on that? Or does it?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

I have an iPad, and can access TOL with it. But it's slow to type on as all touch pads are. How does this ap improve on that? Or does it?

I'm not sure, I was hoping people that use it would chime in. To me, the name implies that maybe you can access forums and TALK or speak commands and/or text. Again, I know nothing yet, except it's Mom's spaghetti for lunch !!!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

It sorta scrapes everything non-essential away and app-a-fies everything.

It's free so you could try it and see if you like it.

Lon

I'm not sure, I was hoping people that use it would chime in. To me, the name implies that maybe you can access forums and TALK or speak commands and/or text. Again, I know nothing yet, except it's Mom's spaghetti for lunch !!!
Knight isn't a link-dropper, but he has a thread on the gist of all this here.

Though it is mainly about the TOL app, it has a lot of cross-over application with Tap-a-Talk, if I remember correctly. Knight or another who uses it, would have to confirm. AMR has two threads on tablets that talk about it in connection with its apps, and Tap-a-Talk is one of them.

From the gist, it allows you to use your phones and android devices to access Vbulletin forums and more quickly than through browsers. It also works, if I am reading correctly, a bit like text messaging, in that you can choose your interactions. For instance, I believe it could alert you that someone else posted in your thread so that you 'could' immediately read it and respond to it instead of waiting and checking back, like you must with laptops. The other obvious convenience is that it is mobile.

Knight might have to start buying tablets for his mods on TOL :chuckle: TOL-a-thon might have to last a little longer each year.

-Lon

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Knight isn't a link-dropper, but he has a thread on the gist of all this here.

Though it is mainly about the TOL app, it has a lot of cross-over application with Tap-a-Talk, if I remember correctly. Knight or another who uses it, would have to confirm. AMR has two threads on tablets that talk about it in connection with its apps, and Tap-a-Talk is one of them.

From the gist, it allows you to use your phones and android devices to access Vbulletin forums and more quickly than through browsers. It also works, if I am reading correctly, a bit like text messaging, in that you can choose your interactions. For instance, I believe it could alert you that someone else posted in your thread so that you 'could' immediately read it and respond to it instead of waiting and checking back, like you must with laptops. The other obvious convenience is that it is mobile.

Knight might have to start buying tablets for his mods on TOL :chuckle: TOL-a-thon might have to last a little longer each year.

-Lon

Thanks for that, it sounds like it's been around for years so this thread is needless, I'm gettin' good at that

Lon

Thanks for that, it sounds like it's been around for years so this thread is needless, I'm gettin' good at that
I did a TOL search on "Tap-a-Talk" and only yours came up. With the TOL-app falling by the wayside, this thread would be it for how ever long.

AMR's are more general concerning tablets and apps.