ARCHIVE: pixel theology (the counting machine)

Post Modern Fundamentalist
ach! never mind! I just read your comment again and it says the opposite of what I thought it said.

Mara

3 legged race champion
It's okay. You sound overworked. Therefore I prescribe the following treatment. Grab yourself a cup of coffee (or whatever beverage you desire) and relax. :D

KamiQuasi

Is there a lesson to this moral?

Is there a lesson to this moral?

So, I have been patiently enduring to know what the lesson to this story will be. Do we ever get to find out what exactly we missed in all the discussion? I still think at least one of us hit it with our comments, but then again I also think you would've told us.

I guess my last comment will be that you programmed it that way simply so you could then fix it, thus showing the animation that you were in control. You programmed the error merely as a means to an end. A way to allow yourself reason to be given all the glory. Much like a parent allows their children to learn from their mistakes, and yet then makes helpful correction to actions in order to show that they still care.

If that isn't it then I just can't wait to see what you have come up with.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Re: Is there a lesson to this moral?

Re: Is there a lesson to this moral?

Originally posted by KamiQuasi
So, I have been patiently enduring to know what the lesson to this story will be. Do we ever get to find out what exactly we missed in all the discussion? I still think at least one of us hit it with our comments, but then again I also think you would've told us.

I guess my last comment will be that you programmed it that way simply so you could then fix it, thus showing the animation that you were in control. You programmed the error merely as a means to an end. A way to allow yourself reason to be given all the glory. Much like a parent allows their children to learn from their mistakes, and yet then makes helpful correction to actions in order to show that they still care.

If that isn't it then I just can't wait to see what you have come up with.
Oh this moral has indeed been answered. Pay special attention to Mara and Shadow X's responses....

After you comment on those I will summarize....

If you desire.

KamiQuasi

Revelation

Revelation

Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness...So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. Genesis 1:26a,27

Then the Lord God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil. And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever"-- Genesis 3:22

So let me address the problem of a seemingly contradictory God:

Comparing your animation to the creation of man leads me to the question, "What is it that God left out of man at creation?" or at the very least, "What does the Bible say man was not endowed with at creation?"

1. Knowledge of Good and Evil
2. Eternal or Infinite Life

So, the question remaining is, "What does the 4 represent?"

Neither option makes God contradict Himself.
He created us without knowledge of good and evil because all of creation WAS good.

"Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good." Genesis 1:31

So far the only thing I can get from this is that God had the best of intentions...perfect, in fact, much like himself. Create something that was not a robot (as ShadowX brought up) that could glorify God...and have a relationship with Him, which means had to have the capacity for good (nothing contradictory about that).

As for not giving man the gift of eternal life...it was to be a gift, and given in God's own timing. We see that God had/has every intention of giving us that.

"And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. I am the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last. Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city." Revelation 22:12-14

So it just lends itself that God would not have created, then protected (after the fall), and then given us the tree of life, if he had not planned to do so in the first place. The unplanned thing, was that man ate of the tree of knowledge, and forced God's hand. This was a disappointment, and it is no surprise that He was actually disappointed at having created man at all. In fact, even his disappointment doesn't contradict His nature.

There, that is my closing comment. Well, at least until my next post.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Kami....

Some say.....

That God planned all of the future. He ordained every movement of every molecule for all of history.

Others say....

That God foreknows all of the future in every exhaustive detail, although He didn't specifically ordain it to happen in just that way.

Both of the above views make God seem "schizo" (as Mara would put it) in light of Bible verses such as:

Genesis 6:6 And the LORD was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. 7 So the LORD said, ?I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them.

Isaiah 5:1 Now let me sing to my Well-beloved A song of my Beloved regarding His vineyard: My Well-beloved has a vineyard On a very fruitful hill. 2 He dug it up and cleared out its stones, And planted it with the choicest vine. He built a tower in its midst, And also made a winepress in it; So He expected it to bring forth good grapes, But it brought forth wild grapes. 3 ? And now, O inhabitants of Jerusalem and men of Judah, Judge, please, between Me and My vineyard. 4 What more could have been done to My vineyard That I have not done in it? Why then, when I expected it to bring forth good grapes, Did it bring forth wild grapes?

Those that say that God didn't ordain the future but the He KNOW's the future in exhaustive detail argue that one can still feel "sorry" or still "expect" different results even if one knows the future. Like a father still being disappointed that his child made a mess of his room even though the father expected it would happen.

This demonstration shows the folly of that view.

Suspicion is all together different than exhaustive foreknowledge and therefore the comparison is in error.

If God knew the future in exhaustive detail He would be "schizo" to expect other than what He knew to be true.

Maybe God really was sorry and maybe God really did expect good grapes. Maybe the Bible really means just what it says! Praise the Lord!