The Essay of Mark Twain About the Jews

Ben Masada

THE ESSAY OF MARK TWAIN ABOUT THE JEWS

"If the statistics are right, the Jews constitute but one percent of the human race. It suggests a nebulous dim puff of star dust lost in the blaze of the Milky Way.
Properly the Jew ought hardly to be heard of, but he is heard of, has always been heard of. He is as prominent on the planet as any other people, and his commercial importance is extravagantly out of proportion to the smallness of his bulk.

His contributions to the world's list of great names in literature, science, art, music, finance, medicine, and abstruse learning are also way out of proportion to the weakness of his numbers.

He has made a marvellous fight in the world, in all the ages; and has done it with his hands tied behind him. He could be vain of himself, and be excused for it.

The Egyptian, the Babylonian, and the Persian rose, filled the planet with sound and splendor, then faded to dream-stuff and passed away; the Greek and the Roman followed suit, and made a vast noise, and they are gone. Other peoples have sprung up and held their torch high for a time, but it has burned out, and they sit either in twilight now, or have vanished.

The Jew saw them all, beat them all, and is now what he always was, exhibiting no decadence, no infirmities of age, no weakening of his parts, no slowing of his energies, no dulling of his alert and aggressive mind. All things are mortal but the Jew; all other forces pass, but he remains. What is the secret of his immortality?

Mark Twain

genuineoriginal

Over 300 years ago, King Louis XIV of France asked Blaise Pascal, the great Christian philosopher, to give him proof of God. Pascal answered, “Why the Jews, your Majesty, the Jews!”

Bradley D

God does not pick the great to do His work. God wants people to know that it is He that is making the difference.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Over 300 years ago, King Louis XIV of France asked Blaise Pascal, the great Christian philosopher, to give him proof of God. Pascal answered, “Why the Jews, your Majesty, the Jews!”

No people have disobeyed God throughout history more so than the Jews.

For the last 2,000 years, no people have rejected The Lord Jesus Christ more so than the Jews have.

Ben Masada

he mixes the blood of Christian babies in his matzos?

And Christians have murdered millions of Jews throughout History with pogroms, blood libels, Crusades, Inquisition and, last but not least, the Holocaust. What you have said above is not true and you know it but; what I have used as a feedback is documented in non-Biblical History for all Christians to be ashamed to accuse the Jews of any non-documented lies.

genuineoriginal

And Christians have murdered millions of Jews throughout History with pogroms, blood libels, Crusades, Inquisition and, last but not least, the Holocaust. What you have said above is not true and you know it but; what I have used as a feedback is documented in non-Biblical History for all Christians to be ashamed to accuse the Jews of any non-documented lies.
Yes, it is a disgrace that Christians were at the head of so many of the persecutions that the Jews faced in the great tribulation (Diaspora of the Jews) that Jesus prophesied.

Ben Masada

I have heard about that before GO but, believe me, it never tires myself to hear over and over again.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
What you have said above is not true and you know it ....

of course it's not true - that's why i threw it out as a humorous rebuttal to Twain's claim of Jew "immortality" - i didn't believe anybody would think it was anything other than untrue

and i don't feel any shame for the actions of past Christians :idunno:

do you feel shame for killing Christ?

Ben Masada

No people have disobeyed God throughout history more so than the Jews.

For the last 2,000 years, no people have rejected The Lord Jesus Christ more so than the Jews have.

Nevertheless, HaShem of the other nations will eventually get rid of them but of the Jews He will only chastise us as we deserve. (Jer. 46:28) Evidence? Mark Twain.

Ben Masada

of course it's not true - that's why i threw it out as a humorous rebuttal to Twain's claim of Jew "immortality" - i didn't believe anybody would think it was anything other than untrue

and i don't feel any shame for the actions of past Christians :idunno:

do you feel shame for killing Christ?

No, I feel shame rather for your anti-Semitic accusation. You know very well that the Romans killed Jesus and not the Jews. And if you read your NT you would find out that the reason why Jesus was killed was the stupid acclamation of his own disciples that he was king of the Jews. Evidence? Try to find out the meaning of that inscription on that plate Pilate nailed on the top of his cross: INRI. (John 19;19) That's the reason why Jesus was killed. And mind you for some decency that the Pharisees tried twice to save Jesus from being arrested and brought to the cross. First from Herod in Luke 13:31 and later from Pilate in Luke 19:37-40. Enough to be ashamed, don't you think so?