toldailytopic: 2012: Hopes, predictions, expectations?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for December 30th, 2011 10:36 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I hope... we get a decent candidate to defeat Barrack Obama in 2012 election.
I predict.... that we wont.
I expect... that Obama will be elected for another 4 years.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I hope... we get a decent candidate to defeat Barrack Obama in 2012 election.
I predict.... that we wont.
I expect... that Obama will be elected for another 4 years.

I Hope... Knight's prediction is wrong but, I don't hold out much hope.
I predict... Obama will bring Military Action against Iran in an attempt to bolster support to maintain the presidency.
I expect... Obama will pull it off by hook or crook.

Coffee is King

I hope...Prices sharply drop around December on account of the Mayan Prophecies. Remember Y2K, how cheap things were?

I predict...That the above is merely wishful thinking and prices will instead skyrocket.

I expect...That I will continue to grow in my faith and understanding of the Word.

elohiym

I hope ... Christ returns.

I predict ... the stock market will crash.

I expect ... a government shill will be exposed on TOL.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I hope you all vote for the republican candidate
I predict many of you won't even though you call yourself conservative
I expect it will get worse

genuineoriginal

I hope you all vote for the republican candidate
I predict many of you won't even though you call yourself conservative
I expect it will get worse

If you get what you hope for, you will get what you expect.
Your prediction doesn't make sense since the republican party has stopped putting forth conservative candidates.

ghost

Hall of Fame
I predict that TOL will become a haven for "Jesus isn't God" trolls
I expect that some long time members will find another forum
I hope I'm wrong

OMEGA

Why did people vote for Obama if they did not want him in.
The President is just a figurehead for Wall Street anyway and has little power.$$$$

I predict that Ghost will become a very Humble Christian.:)

I predict that all we will have in 2012 is more Violent Weather and Earthquakes.:cloud9:

I predict that the USA Economy will steadily improve in the next few years.$$$

I predict that Oil will be higher and the Future World Ecomony will be Robust just before Armageddon.:car::car:.:car::car:.:car::car:

I predict that a very large Reddish Comet will appear near the Earth
in 2018 and cause Great Earthquakes. :madmad:

heir

TOL Subscriber
hopes:

I hope that my family and those I am in contact with will believe the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) before they die or the catching up of the Body of Christ.(1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 KJV

predictions:

Most will not receive the love of the truth that they can be saved and will perish (2 Thessalonians 2:10 KJV)

expectations:

2 Corinthians 4:18 KJV While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

2 Corinthians 5:1 KJV For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

Philippians 3:20-KJV For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: 21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Colossians 3:4 KJV When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

heir

TOL Subscriber
predictions and expectations for this present evil world...

2 Timothy 3:12 KJV Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

2 Timothy 3:13 KJV But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Hopes?
  • The N/T Blessed Hope.
  • Washington DC will realize there is a rest of the United Sates of America.
Predictions?
  • TOL will continue to be the leader in "Truth Smacking."
  • America will continue to decline in "God We Trust."
Expectations?
  • That we all become better keeping our word, and help others when we can.
  • That "We the People," strive for a better government, and hold the feet of those in public office to fire about truth and being responsible for their words and actions.
Hope is never lost...Predictions are like the weather...Expectations are 50/50.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:think: A publisher buys the novel :poly: and Jack has a birthday party :party:. That's a full plate.

Edit: Oh, and I go lifetime here to celebrate. :thumb:

Last edited:

Quincy

I hope that our vitriolic, narcissistic and entitlement society starts to wise up.

I predict the worse natural disasters yet along with a presidential election that will send the country into a divisive state that will cripple us...... no matter who wins .

I expect I'll keep on being me. Surviving, loving my loved ones with all the care and love I can muster, along with embracing the Light the more the darkness beckons.

Sum1sGruj

BANNED
Banned
Matthew 24:36
But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

I doubt the Mayans had any idea either. But if 12/21/12 is a cursor in any way for the end times, we will know well before the Earth is purged if we pay attention. Revelations isn't just there for a good read :thumb:

Anyways, thought I'd post that because, well, just because I guess :chuckle:

2012 is going to be a very fruitful year for me, I can tell. It's wrapping around the time I should be tying up ends and such. Or so sayeth my will., God has been mightily peculiar with my path the past couple of years.