User Tag List

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: can anyone please give me proof that Jesus Christ is real?

Over 500 post club brother Willi's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ask your teacher

if the original "PLACE ANY DOCUMENT HERE" does not exist, does this prove it never did?
    Luke 6:37 "judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemmed: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven"

Luke 6:42
    How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,261 Times in 1,504 Posts

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Rolf Ernst

Continue with your ad hominem attacks, Clete. It is easier for you to do than respond to Scripture proofs.

I was not intending to address you personally. I did not call your name.
    I know your penchant for accusing others rather than dealing with scripture. If I had known you would respond or that you were active on the thread, I would have used my time in a way that did not welcome your comments. Continue your rant. I will not be listening.
    What are you talking about? Do you even know what ad hominem means?
    You directly addressed me in your last mindless post and quoted a Scripture that is ripped out of its context (as usual) and then proceeded to attack me for no reason whatsoever! After defending myself I give you yet another opportunity to act your age and respond to the original question and this is the nonsense I get in return. It would be funny if it weren't so ridiculous!

I ask you again, and we'll see if it goes a third time without even being acknowledged and being a valid question much less actually being answered.

Does any such person exist, too whom God does not wish to reveal Himself? And why isn't the Bible itself that revelation to anyone who can read or be read too?

Now can you answer the question or can't you?
    Ignore me if you like; the point is that others will not.
    You can be all angry at me or even hate my guts if you want, I don't frankly care. As long as you spew out heretical nonsense, you can expect me to call you on it. The unfortunate fact of the matter is that if you had had an ounce of self control you would have realized that I wasn't picking a fight with you and hadn't accused you of anything to begin with.

And one last thing.
    You are making a habit of lying...
    I know your penchant for accusing others rather than dealing with scripture.
    This is an outright lie and you know it.
    As long as people are respectful, so am I but if someone wants to throw it down, I don't back off. You came at me with attitude and gave you back more attitude than you could handle because I mix my attitude with the truth. Now you need to repent and stop this habitual lying and grow up. One good step in that direction would be for you to respectfully respond to my questions as asked. Although, I regretfully expect that you will not do so.

Resting in Him,
    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

Over 2000 post club One Eyed Jack's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by granite1010

Are you saying the Babylonians were deliberately lying?
    Whoever made the story up was. Either that, or they were filling in the details with their imagination.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoever made the story up was. Either that, or they were filling in the details with their imagination.
    And what of the accepted scholarly position that the Mesopotamian myth predates the Hebrew one?
    What Would Cthulhu Do?

He who knows one religion knows none. - Max Muller

That's the kind of liberal thinking that leads to being eaten! - Principal Snyder, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Abortions for some, miniature American flags for the rest! - Kang as Bob Dole, The Simpsons

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by One Eyed Jack

ever play that game in school when a story gets past around a room, and it changes?
    these are either 2 diffwerent floods, or the same flood as told by a different culture.

im guessing thats what your sayin
    Luke 6:37 "judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemmed: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven"

How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by firechyld

And what of the accepted scholarly position that the Mesopotamian myth predates the Hebrew one?
    predates???

an older known record maybe

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's believed that the Mesopotamian myth is the older of the two... whether you want to believe that one was written first, or that one flood happened first is up to you.
    What Would Cthulhu Do?

That's the kind of liberal thinking that leads to being eaten! - Principal Snyder, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Abortions for some, miniature American flags for the rest! - Kang as Bob Dole, The Simpsons

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by brother Willi

ever play that game in school when a story gets past around a room, and it changes?
    Oh yeah. In kindergarten.

these are either 2 diffwerent floods, or the same flood as told by a different culture.

im guessing thats what your sayin
    You're guessing right.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about it?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's believed that the Mesopotamian myth is the older of the two... whether you want to believe that one was written first, or that one flood happened first is up to you.
    YEP, just as you are free to believe as you choose to.

if the original of any document is lost to time, does that mean it never existed?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about it?
    If one is a lie, or borrowed, wouldn't it be more likely to be the younger version?
    What Would Cthulhu Do?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If one is a lie, or borrowed, wouldn't it be more likely to be the younger version?
    your statement is correct, but it assumes to much

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not assuming anything. I'm simply pointing out a logical conclusion. I never said it was correct.
    What Would Cthulhu Do?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not assuming anything. I'm simply pointing out a logical conclusion. I never said it was correct.
    fair enough.

if an older copy of the flood is found, then what?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you mean by "then what"?
    What Would Cthulhu Do?

Thread Information