Hello Everyone

Route66

It seems appropriate to join this discussion group today. I am 55 years old living right on the left coast. Being a newbie here, I am here trying to better understand and challenge my beliefs, so go easy on me. This place looks like the major leagues when I really should be in 'A' baseball. I will try not to dig in and will be on the look out for any brushback pitches...

Route66

zippy2006

Welcome to TOL :wave2:

A forewarning: this community is filled with theologically unorthodox opinions. I'm not sure where you sit, but it can be disconcerting for a newbie to visit, encounter a number of views that represent something like 0.001% of Christianity, and think that those views are more widely accepted. They are not. :) More orthodox views will be supported by major denominational confessional statements that should be readily available online, and which members should be able to produce if asked, assuming they are of a more orthodox mind. Good luck and God bless :e4e:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
..Route66

We need to talk. Someday I'm going to drive the entire Mother Road from LA to Chi-town.

Route_66-300x187.jpg

(Carefree Highway, let me slip away on you).

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
it is not that complicated
and
you should avoid those who try to make it that way

look for the simple answers
and
you will find them

welcome

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's Chrys' complicated manner of ingratiating himself upon you. ;)

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
If you think this place is about baseball, then you've come to the wrong place.

Just kidding, just kidding!

Welcome to TOL!

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
It seems appropriate to join this discussion group today. I am 55 years old living right on the left coast. Being a newbie here, I am here trying to better understand and challenge my beliefs, so go easy on me. This place looks like the major leagues when I really should be in 'A' baseball. I will try not to dig in and will be on the look out for any brushback pitches...

Route66

Wow you live in Anglesea. Hope you enjoy TOL :)

Cleekster

A forewarning: this community is filled with theologically unorthodox opinions.
What he mean't to say was that some on here can think for themselves and analyze their theological interpretation WITHOUT needing the Church to tell them what to think and how to interpret it.

but it can be disconcerting for a newbie to visit, encounter a number of views that represent something like 0.001% of Christianity, and think that those views are more widely accepted. They are not.
In your dreams maybe....the percentage is nowhere near that low imo.
More orthodox views will be supported by major denominational confessional statements that should be readily available online, and which members should be able to produce if asked, assuming they are of a more orthodox mind.
so you're saying that the only valid opinion is the orthodox opinion, right? that a persons opinion should have to be verified as orthodox to carry any weight?

Welcome route66......for clarity....i'm a non-Christian.....so take my opinion for what it's worth to you(if anything).

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
What zip, a good enough fellow, doesn't mention is that at one time the smallest percentage of people in the world believed in the divinity of Jesus Christ. Truth is never a numbers game.

Welcome aboard. :e4e: