toldailytopic: Toddlers & Tiaras: what do you think about child beauty pageants?

BabyChristian

Yep. It takes away the girl's innocence and it sexualizes her. Girls shouldn't be in shows like this, Instead they should be out playing with dolls and reading books.

Or doing athletics or whatever their talent is. Mine was athletics, I wasn't interested in books at that age and certainly DID play with dolls but only for a short period of time until I found out what I excelled at.

You remind me of what women did in England, they sat around all day long, keeping their mouths shut and doing needle point.

You're no different with what you think girls should do...........you minimize their talents with your two examples.

Teaching a child to play the violin or to play baseball doesn't sexualize the child like a beauty pageant does. The sexualization is the ick factor. Teaching a child a skill or a team sport can be beneficial if not done to excess. It teaches the child self discipline. Today there is the tendency for laziness in young people. I don't regret my parents having me taught the violin. It is a skill I still use.

Glad I read further, you were not just reading and playing with dolls.

Not all girls are into dolls nor reading. The world has much more to offer than those two things for females.

Last edited:

Charity

Many want their child to be in with the bold an beautiful; famous, you see the parents ended up nobodies! they didn't make it themselves, an their last chance is to live threw their child...

but hey what do I know..I waddled down the cat walk for my auntie to made her day!! lol

Layla

The only reason why women dress the way they do today is because of influential deviants such as Elvis.

This is the most amazing sentence I have ever seen written on the internet ever.

I did not think TOL has the ability to further surprise me with ridiculousness, but... wow.

Amazing.

Lovejoy

What you're searching for is the philosophy of why such things are immoral.

Well, why do women dress the way they do if they are already attractive? There really is only one answer, and any other is due to ignorance as far as the Bible deems it.
You see, it becomes a contest. This, by extension, causes social dilemmas all the way from the small to the highly consequential. It's even reached a point in today's world where women are often outright heralded for no other reason then sensual adoration.

When people envy another, or generally, when vanity starts to adverse society, that is when *modesty* needs to be observed more often. The only reason why women dress the way they do today is because of influential deviants such as Elvis.

As soon as I saw this thread title, I said to myself "oh man, how long before somebody blames Elvis for the whole thing."

BabyChristian

As I stated here, if we weren't conditioned to think that a woman isn't beautiful unless she paints her face...then there wouldn't be anything wrong with that picture.

But rather because we learn from a young age that a woman isn't pretty enough unless she puts on her fake face...we will continue having younger and younger kids having difficulties accepting their physical characteristics because they just aren't pretty enough.

A woman's strength has always been her ability to attract men. Look at history, women liked men with money or strength and men liked attractive women.

It's skewed but that's human nature and it's messed up.

BabyChristian

Why specifically the mothers and not the dads?

:plain:

As regards the topic it's exploitation of children, plain and simple.

Those supposed head-of-the-house are not doing their job or else they're allowing their wives to rule the roost OR those men are buying into what society says, which is to say, women should be beautiful.

I wonder how Eve got Adam to eat from that tree so easily, she probably was the boss. OH NO! SOMEONE'S GOING TO GET ANGRY AT THAT STATEMENT!

It's not all women but predominately it is and the dad aren't thinking any deeper than their wives are, as with Adam and Eve.

BabyChristian

Well where do you draw the line though? Is it vanity for a man to shave or trim his beard as well? To get his hair styled etc? I can't say I see anything wrong with a woman wearing make up per se....

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why should anyone care to get their hair cut or dress nicely or shave or do anything?

Other than deodorant, that's a necessity for some. :chuckle:

I'm posting way too much on this thread............ :rotfl:

BabyChristian

If I had a daughter I wouldn't do it. If I had a daughter and she wanted to wear a Tiara to the mall or to the store or whatever I would let her. I would even let her wear a tutu. If you can't wear that stuff when you're a kid when can you wear it?

Whenever you have a schizophrenic son.

BabyChristian

Do you think it's 'immodest' for a woman to show her hair? I seem to recall that the bible says a womans hair is her crowning glory or something similar.

If a woman chooses to dress in the manner of the above then fine as long as it's her choice. She shouldn't be called vain for either wearing make up or not covering her hair though, not by any means.

I think I already said I love you once.

Looks has gone too far but then it was always that way from the beginning. The Bible speaks of comely people. David was comely.

We're human, too human.

Coffee is King

As to the original topic, it's weird, creepy, and sick. It is well known that pedophiles will actually pay money to get into child beauty pageants in order to take pictures. No thanks. No way, no how my girls will ever be in something like that. I would honestly take the ex to court if I had to to prevent it. Any father that allows his daughters to be exploited like that needs to be taken out to the parking lot.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
As soon as I saw this thread title, I said to myself "oh man, how long before somebody blames Elvis for the whole thing."
:chuckle:

It's like Godwin's Law, but with Elvis. It is a lesser known and not as frequently used law. :plain:

Sum1sGruj

BANNED
Banned
Dude, you can't blame the way women dress today on Elvis. Why do you even think so? Do you think vanity regarding looks is simply a modern day phenomenon also? It isn't. There may be more in the way of media coverage and advertising but such things as envy, coveting etc have been there through the ages. In olden times there may have been a 'civilized veneer' attached but it's just the same.

:chuckle: I see a few got a kick out of that., It's not just 'Elvis', it's the influence in general. Media has a tight grip on impressionable minds, and it still carries on today.
These things were, and are, primary causes of how people act and dress.

Buzzword

Saw this today, thought it pertinent to the conversation...

demotivational-posters-we-dont-support-exploiting-children.jpg