toldailytopic: Extreme cold or extreme hot? Which weather extreme do you dislike the

bybee

In my college days, I wore shorts year round.

Like Knight, as I get older, cold is more difficult to deal with than heat.

I love snow! As a child I wouldn't come in from the cold until I was frostbitten! Mainly though, I love all of our God-given seasons!

Lon

For me, too hot. It has adverse affects on my metabolism. I lived in Alaska and loved it. Mild summers, beautiful snowy winters. The worst time of the year is break-up when all the snow melts and everything is muddy browns and grays for a month and a half in the spring.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
:chuckle:

Got down to 28 the other night. High was only in the 50s. :noid:

Do they make heated La-Z boys? :think:

Here, in PA, we've had a relatively mild winter so far. It's been nice.
I hope it continues. :noid: I probably just jinxed us. :doh:

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I prefer the cold and despise the heat! Hand down...

I'm from Irish and Minnesota stock. Cold is in my blood. Besides, cowboys prefer the cold.

You can always put on more clothing; you can only take off so much.

bybee

I prefer the cold and despise the heat! Hand down...

I'm from Irish and Minnesota stock. Cold is in my blood. Besides, cowboys prefer the cold.

You can always put on more clothing; you can only take off so much.

Is it the combination of Irish and Minnesota do you suppose? I love winter.
When I was a child my sister and I would wake up to beautiful frost patterns painted on our bed-room window. When the morning sun shined through it created sparkling diamonds and rainbows. We were enchanted. I couldn't wait to get outside!

sesseltheologe

I prefer the cold hands down. You can always add layers to warm up, while there is only so much one can take off.

Living through the summers here in Germany, where the is no air conditioning and my apartment is on the top floor of the house I live in, has made me despise the heat even more than I did growing up in Florida.

King cobra

DOCTA
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for December 21st, 2011 10:22 AM

toldailytopic: Extreme cold or extreme hot? Which weather extreme do you dislike the most?

I love them both...as long as they can be offset in close proximity.

There are few better feelings than a long hot shower after working under a piece of heavy equipment with two feet of snow and temps below zero.
Likewise having lunch in a walk-in freezer after installing asphalt roofing shingles on a 100 degree day.
Aaaaahhh!!!

some other dude

I love them both...as long as they can be offset in close proximity.

There are few better feelings than a long hot shower after working under a piece of heavy equipment with two feet of snow and temps below zero.
Likewise having lunch in a walk-in freezer after installing asphalt roofing shingles on a 100 degree day.
Aaaaahhh!!!

I used to work at a production facility that had a -40 freezer warehouse bigger than my house inside a 40 degree refrigerator warehouse. I'd walk in out of the ninety degree heat and just stand in there until my bladder shrank. :eek:

rexlunae

When I was younger I kinda liked winter and cold weather. Now I have done a 180. Put me somewhere in the heat and I would be fine. Here in Colorado the winters are really wearing on me. :denver:

Funny, I've been contemplating a move to Colorado in part because the winters would be so much warmer than what I'm used to. It's all about perspective, I guess.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In my college days, I wore shorts year round.

Like Knight, as I get older, cold is more difficult to deal with than heat.

Were you that guy wearing the skin-tight Daisy Dukes in January? Long white socks with sandals, and the halter-top?

If so, then I'm sorry for that thing I yelled at you back then.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Extreme heat makes me ill. I had heat exhaustion last Summer on top of a Summer virus which really messed me up. I'll take 20 below zero any day.