toldailytopic: How was your Christmas? What did you get and what did you give?

ThePresbyteers

... How was your Christmas? What did you get and what did you give?.

Just like another day.
Nothing and nothing.
I don't like Santa's ways

spendalot.jpg

ThePresbyteers

... I mostly received money, . . .

This reminds me why I never really understood the presents from the invisible Santa. Whats the point of giving your son (any son) a $100 Walmart gift card and at the same time your son gives you a $100 walmart gift card? Maybe presents are like that and mostly I never understood why buying yourself a jeep while the Wise men gave Jesus gifts for a totally different reason. I understand Saint Nicholas giving children gifts but adult gifting has gotten extremely commercialized and our economy are based on us giving ourselves useless gifts or treating ourselves self-gifting and getting exactly what we want. Or perhaps buying our wives something we can use ourselves.

I'm not sure if this is WWJD.

gift-cards.jpg

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Whoa... sweet! :up:

It's funny because I have always wanted one and was in NO way expecting go get one this year. I've been around guns my whole life. I've shot so many makes and models I couldn't possible count them all.

Except for a good ol' Colt .45. I am so excited to shoot it! The bullets are HUGE! Speaking of which...does anyone know a good place to get discount Colt .45 shells? I don't want reloads.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Surprise for me, a gift opened later, was a light tent and photolamps to make macro work easier.

First attempt:
6583972319_4f77ae471e_z.jpg

2nd:

6584177473_d0ecf9dcca_z.jpg

Yeah, that works.

voltaire

BANNED
Banned
Surprise for me, a gift opened later, was a light tent and photolamps to make macro work easier.

First attempt:
Yeah, that works.

A light tent? Do you camp? Is it easy to carry on your back? I go on the appalachian trail quite often. I am thinking about camping overnight.

Without giving any references to other places, do you go by the name of Jar anywhere else?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
A "light tent" is a small (several inches to a few feet) frame covered in white cloth to diffuse the light of flash units or photofloods. You get an nice even illumination with soft shadows. Or you can fiddle to get whatever effect you like. Not for camping.

Hmmm... might know that name. Can you give me a hint?

voltaire

BANNED
Banned
A "light tent" is a small (several inches to a few feet) frame covered in white cloth to diffuse the light of flash units or photofloods. You get an nice even illumination with soft shadows. Or you can fiddle to get whatever effect you like. Not for camping.

Hmmm... might know that name. Can you give me a hint?

I thought you went by jar somewhere else. He seems an awful lot like you and lives in texas as well. I guess it isn't you.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
There's a guy at UT Dallas like that, but I don't think he uses "Jar." I had, a long time ago, at a defunct board, briefly used Jar Jar as a joke.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I gave my husband a football cup. :dead: He goes out a buys me a GPS/XM radio for my car and a Dell Laptop.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
My Christmas started out horribly but it ended well. Two of my alienated children were here, and I was able to give them some gifts, and cook a meal and make them some Christmas treats.

What could be better than that? My boys are half a continent away and two couldn't make it this year. I'm especially glad to hear your kids were able to be there with you. I hope some of that alienation was resolved, but just giving them some love had to be wonderful for you.

Ps82

There was a small group of us, but we all brought plenty of goodies to eat.

I gave clothes, winter scarves, CD's, and fresh toasted pecans. Received two pieces of crystal stemware to go with my set, a Japanese jacket, a lovely Joseph and Mary with babe decoration, and a new wallet.

My husband had won a new TV a couple of months ago... and we/he gave it to our daughter for Christmas.

We viewed old slides of when we were babes and teenagers ... saw a lot of our missing loved ones. That was a nice visit.

HisServant

I found out my daughter-in-law is expecting on June 27... I already knew my daughter is expecting on July 2nd. It's going to be a busy year!