toldailytopic: Why do some people seem to hate Tim Tebow so much?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When anyone has success and attributes that success to their relationship with God, they will be despised by those who do not have the same experience. The perception is "what makes you better than me?' or "why does God favor you over me?".

I don't think Tim Tebow has created this perception intentionally...

From the Yahoo sports page on the Broncos loss. This is the comments that follow all internet news stories now.

God is not real, but Buddha is. Bless you Buddha!

Guess he didn't pray hard enough, huh?Really, why is it religious nuts like Tebow bow down and thank god when things go good, but don't blame god when things go bad??? Typical, ignorant religious hypocrisy. MERRY CHRISTMAS

God hates a Loser!

Silly,silly people, Tebow time hasnt started, he is still a work of athletic art in progress..God works in strange ways!

This clown above is laying the foudnation of atheism and doesn't even know it. Quit boasting in the flesh. My grace is sufficient for you.

Jesus was too busy with Christmas to play for the Bronco's today. Tebow had to depend on his own skills, which of course aren't very good. No Jesus playing in the last 2 minutes this time.

hey, just cause this guy prays and loves his lord does not mean he will be undefeatable or have heaven's grace on his side all the time. God tests us all the time. You guys are ridiculous to get down on him. Let him live his life. The people who talk crap about him are only angry because they are probably alcoholics, degenerates, or lame *****..jealous that their life sucks so much....get your own life and let him live his!!!!

godrulz?

The Lord giveth; The Lord taketh away!

If Tebow was a REAL Christian and not just a show off fake- he would give thanks to God no matter WHAT happens-- did he do his TeBow pray stance when intercepted????

Where is your god now. I am sure he prayed he would have a good game, and that his team would win. There is not god to pray to that is gonna help you win a game. How much more proof do people need that there is no invisible man in the sky.

Tebow knows that according to the bible ' All things work together for good for those who love the Lord and called according to his purpose". He will learn from these two losses and become a better player as a result...

Another airhead that thinks Jesus came to help you turn over a new leaf. Headed for destruction....Sadly, the sarcastic comment below is closer to the truth than those that boast and are now making excuses for the flesh. And I don't mean about his football play.

Gee Timmy.. guess jesus had other plans today and couldn't attend the game.. lol.. The best thing about this story is the comments.. It's hilarious to see the so called "christians" (I use quotation marks because you people are rediculous) who get so angry at people joking about what a joke tebow is. and lets be clear.. he's a joke.. to think any higher power, real or made up gives a crap about football..

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As far as I go, I don't like the Bronco's so I don't pay attention to Tim... :rolleyes:

I didn't like they Broncos for years cause I didn't like Elway! His refusal to sign with the Colts still burns my backside! Now, when Tebow is taking over the spotlight in Denver, Elway is proving to still be the whiny little girl that was drafted by the Colts in 1983! Go Timmy Tebow!

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Child killers are still enraged :sozo2: over the Tebow Commercial celebrating life (Pr 23:7, Jn 10:10): Pro-Abort Blog Urges Donations For Every Tebow Touchdown--"The Internet has been buzzing this week with news about the pro-abortion blog Abortion Gang’s urging of anti-life sports fans to donate money every time Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow throws a touchdown. This is intended as punishment for Tebow’s “anti-choice propaganda..." Full text: Pro-Abort Blog Urges Donations For Every Tebow Touchdown

Deut 30:19

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Rush Limbaugh termed the phrase "feminazi". It isn't meant to be more derogatory term of feminist. He came up with it over certain women who got mad that another woman was talked out of an abortion. This is what some of the Tebow talk reminds me of. Why are they mad at him for being born, and being thankful that he was?

Granite

Hall of Fame
I see with McDaniels's hiring that the Denver press had a ready-made excuse waiting should the Broncos lose.

King cobra

DOCTA
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm betting Tebow won't use McDaniels as an excuse (if the Broncos lose). In fact, he'll probably give the little guy a hug!

Granite

Hall of Fame
I'm betting Tebow won't use McDaniels as an excuse (if the Broncos lose). In fact, he'll probably give the little guy a hug!

Denver media will. They've prepped that cop out already with their whining, and they'll be certain to trot it out. Just watch.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Do you think there is zero validity to the claim then?

Absolutely. Fox and the team dismiss this as much ado about nothing--and if the players and head coach have no issue with a league-sanctioned move, why should the media? As I said on the NFL playoff thread: McDaniels was hired before New England knew they'd play Denver, they need a new OC anyway--and hiring McDaniels makes sense--and in addition, he never even started Tebow after drafting him. The Denver coaching staff and offense are different. The Pats beat Denver without McDaniels. What could he tell them that they don't already know from a) film, b) playing them, or c) defeating them on the road?

King cobra

DOCTA
LIFETIME MEMBER
Absolutely. Fox and the team dismiss this as much ado about nothing--and if the players and head coach have no issue with a league-sanctioned move, why should the media? As I said on the NFL playoff thread: McDaniels was hired before New England knew they'd play Denver, they need a new OC anyway--and hiring McDaniels makes sense--and in addition, he never even started Tebow after drafting him. The Denver coaching staff and offense are different. The Pats beat Denver without McDaniels. What could he tell them that they don't already know from a) film, b) playing them, or c) defeating them on the road?

I think a more intimate knowledge of strengths and weaknesses will always be advantageous. I agree though, probably not significant in this situation.

ThePresbyteers

Knight;2878930[B said:
. . .Why do some people seem to hate Tim Tebow so much? . . ..
I'm surprised how many atheist are out there via social Networking especially those that live around France, Germany areas. I would not be surprised how many football players are atheist.

It going to be a long battle.
bruce-eric-kaplan-he-died-after-a-long-battle-with-me--new-yorker-cartoon.jpg