ECT MADist thought for the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaulToPaul 2

Read it, again.

John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Yes, I agree STP.

At the time John 3 was written, no man had ascended up to heaven except HE which came down from heaven. The HE is the Son of Man which was IN HEAVEN at the time John 3 was written.

andyc

In the spirit of not ignoring Paul, let's see what else he had to say.

2 Corinthians 12:1 It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord.

At the time of 1 Timothy 6, who else had immortality besides Jesus Christ, who else dwelt in the light?

Everyone is immortal in that their spirit continues on after death. Spiritual death is eternal separation from God.

John 11:26 "And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?"

Obviously Jesus was not talking about dying physically because all believers in Christ die. It means that the spirits of believers go to be with the Lord (2Cor 5:8).

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In the spirit of not ignoring Paul, let's see what else he had to say.

2 Corinthians 12:1 It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord.

At the time of 1 Timothy 6, who else had immortality besides Jesus Christ, who else dwelt in the light?

(2 Cor 12:2) Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows

graceandpeace

MAD Meatloaf

yep, their 'meat', cuts them off from the milk, due to the fact that their meat is MAD, and NOT the true meat of the word of God, ...just like we are warned here through the writer of Hebrews:

Hbr 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which [be] the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

Hbr 5:13 For every one that useth milk [is] unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

Hbr 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, [even] those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

I wouldnt be persuaded to partake of the meat of MAD..due to the fact that I know it undoes the MILK.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Everyone is immortal in that their spirit continues on after death. Spiritual death is eternal separation from God.

John 11:26 "And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?"

Obviously Jesus was not talking about dying physically because all believers in Christ die. It means that the spirits of believers go to be with the Lord (2Cor 5:8).

STP has to deny that anyone has ever been to, or is in Heaven right now.

Otherwise his "soul sleep" theory, and his theory that all the kingdom slaves are in the center of the earth right now falls apart.

andyc

1 Timothy 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

This is not talking about God as being the only immortal person. The angels also cannot die. It simply means that God's immortality is not dependant on anything/one else. Immortality is a part of his being that he imparts to others. Its the same as saying that Jesus is eternal life. Others also have eternal life, but it is a part of Jesus' being/nature.

graceandpeace

Otherwise his "soul sleep" theory, and his theory that all the kingdom slaves are in the center of the earth right now falls apart.

Yeah, I was taught the same lies by the SDA on this.

I know all the in's and out's of soul sleep.

It was true until Jesus opened up the way into the holy place, setting the captives free.

These false teachers teach us that we are still captives, LOL.

graceandpeace

This is not talking about God as being the only immortal person. The angels also cannot die. It simply means that God's immortality is not dependant on anything/one else. Immortality is a part of his being that he imparts to others. Its the same as saying that Jesus is eternal life. Others also have eternal life, but it is a part of Jesus' being/nature.

Yes, next they will be telling us that we do not yet have salvation....and, have not yet passed from death unto life.

The spirit is quickened upon initial salvation....it is the spirit that He has quickened...(given life).

I suspect they are awaiting for their flesh to rise again, to be immortal, LOL

AS IF that is going to happen.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
yep, their 'meat', cuts them off from the milk,

You must be young like lighthouse

I was talking about this meatloaf:

meatloaf.jpg

However, I agree the MADists "meat" cuts them off from the milk

SaulToPaul 2

It was true until Jesus opened up the way into the holy place, setting the captives free.

When did David ascend into the heavens?

By the way, the topic isn't "soul sleep". It's about whether paradise can be in more than one location. I have no doubt that David is in paradise.

andyc

Yeah, I was taught the same lies by the SDA on this.

I know all the in's and out's of soul sleep.

These false teachers teach us that we are still captives, LOL.

Yes

It is the fundamental error of the SDAs where all the other errors stem from. When people deny the spirit, they have no choice but to focus on the flesh, hence the reason why they follow the law.

andyc

Center of the earth? LOL
Isn't that a HG Wells story?
What in the world can people be doing in the center of the earth?

graceandpeace

When did David ascend into the heavens?

By the way, the topic isn't "soul sleep". It's about whether paradise can be in more than one location. I have no doubt that David is in paradise.

David is in heaven....Jesus opened up the way..via the new covenant; and we all know you don't understand it; so why should I keep after you to believe the truth of the matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.