toldailytopic: Extreme cold or extreme hot? Which weather extreme do you dislike the

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for December 21st, 2011 10:22 AM

toldailytopic: Extreme cold or extreme hot? Which weather extreme do you dislike the most?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Buzzword

Heat. No contest.

Cold can be dealt with by simply adding more layers (of clothing, of bedcovers, etc.)

When it's hot, you can only do the above in reverse to a certain point.
Then you just have to sit there and be miserable.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
When I was younger I kinda liked winter and cold weather. Now I have done a 180. Put me somewhere in the heat and I would be fine. Here in Colorado the winters are really wearing on me. :denver:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Extreme cold, hands down. Especially snow. I HATE HATE HATE the snow and the cold it brings with it.

I really miss California. :(

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When I was younger I kinda liked winter and cold weather. Now I have done a 180. Put me somewhere in the heat and I would be fine. Here in Colorado the winters are really wearing on me. :denver:

Move to Taipei! :banana:

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If I HAD to pick from one of two places to live (extreme hot, or extreme cold), I go with the hot one. Not a fun decision to make, though.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If I HAD to pick from one of two places to live (extreme hot, or extreme cold), I go with the hot one. Not a fun decision to make, though.
It's the oven for you then! :TomO:

:doh:

Relapse! RELAPSE!!!

Sorry, chickenman....

....mmmmmm ... Chicken. :firechyld

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You should come to Louisiana sometime, Stripe. You could export some of our big mosquitoes to Taipei and trade them in the market.

Buzzword

I think one tends to favor whichever one is experiencing the opposite of at the moment :p

I'm actually still waiting around for Oklahoma to finally get real winter weather.

Summer lasted WAAAY too long, and broke all previous records for high temperatures in the area.

We're still in the 50s, when normally we would have already been experiencing nonstop sub-freezing temps for weeks.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Heat. No contest.

Cold can be dealt with by simply adding more layers (of clothing, of bedcovers, etc.)

When it's hot, you can only do the above in reverse to a certain point.
Then you just have to sit there and be miserable.

I agree with this logic. If it were just temperatures, I would answer in the same way.

My problem is that with cold weather usually comes snow. And I HATE snow. :denver: :madmad: :denver:

So if we are counting weather events beyond just temperature, my answer is the extreme cold.

I'll deal with miserable humidity and heat, just don't make me drive and shovel feet and feet of snow! :nono:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You should come to Louisiana sometime, Stripe. You could export some of our big mosquitoes to Taipei and trade them in the market.
:sibbie:

You know the import duty makes such things impractical! Those are some tasty mossies though...

SaulToPaul 2

In my college days, I wore shorts year round.

Like Knight, as I get older, cold is more difficult to deal with than heat.