Thread: Dangers of Dispensational Rapture Fantasy

Thanks
    Thanked 13,393 Times in 10,254 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm not going to do either. And frankly I don't care. I'm done with this conversation. Get over it.

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by lighthouse

I'm not going to do either. And frankly I don't care. I'm done with this conversation. Get over it.
    Oh, I get it. You get to slander people without cause. Very Christian of you lighthouse.
    WARNING: Graphic video here.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

"I resent that! It's not slander! In print, it's libel."

Anyway, I know what he said, as far as who he originally blamed. And I know that he later "retracted" what he had said. But I don't care that much about it, because this all started by my saying I didn't like the guy. Get over it. I don't like him and that's how it stands.

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by lighthouse Anyway, I know what he said, as far as who he originally blamed.
    Prove it. All you have to do is simply do a google search with the words "Falwell," "Terrorism" and "Homosexuals" and up will come dozens of anti-Jerry Fallwell sites you can easily find the quote from. I'll even do the leg-work for you. Here are the first 5 sites listed at the top of the search results page:

http://www.positiveatheism.org/hist/quotes/foulwell.htm

http://www.drsusanblock.com/sexinrev...ent/booth4.htm

http://www.september11-tribute.org/N...rryFalwell.htm

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/polit...ell010914.html

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/falwell.htm

And I know that he later "retracted" what he had said. But I don't care that much about it, because this all started by my saying I didn't like the guy. Get over it. I don't like him and that's how it stands.
    Why don't you like him?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Re: King David in hell?

Past 3 weeks I have been extremely busy at work and had very little time to play. So let me go over Acts9_12Out response.

Originally posted by *Acts9_12Out*
    1. First off, you failed to respond to the points presented in my previous post.
    --Jeremy
    Is that the one about works are necessary for salvation?

2. You misrepresent me out of anger.
    --Jeremy
    Oh---yawn! Can't debate the issue, go after the character. heard this many times......

3. You still have yet to respond to post #14.
    --Jeremy
    You are right I have not. We do know that Abraham believed the gospel. (Galatians). The gospel message has never changed. Yaweh saves!

That's a lie that stems from your anger. I expect an apology. Here's what I actually said...

God gives us an example of a man who sinned presumptously against Him. This man died in his sin, his guilt upon him, and will be in hell..
    --Jeremy
    Exactly! You said that, go read your posts. From your logic, King David committed an intentional sin, and therefore his guilt will be upon him and be in hell.

Instead of addressing what God said in Numbers 15, you get angry and lie. Don't shoot the messenger, but rather, deal with the message... You continue in anger,
    --Jeremy
    Simple, Numbers 15 doesn't deal with people going to hell or losing their salvation. It does deal with their physical bodies. A man can be saved by the gospel (abraham believed the gospel, therefore it is easy to see the Israelites had the gospel too.) After the man is saved, he commites an intentional sin, like King David, the man is put to death but does not go to hell because of it.

I said no such thing. Yet another lie stemming from anger... We never discussed David. If you'd like to do so, fine... Just say so...
    --Jeremy
    You talked about committing an intentional sin. Why is it wrong to bring up Scripture examples of intentional sins? Your begining to sound like John Kerry.

I have never said David is in hell, nor do I believe so... Yes, David did commit a presumptous sin,
    --Jeremy
    Ok then, why are you angry at me for bring him up?

and deserved death and hell. However, God looks at the heart. God saw that David was "a man after His own heart..."
    --Jeremy
    Tell me where in Numbers do we find the word "hell"? Why didn't God use that word? He did in Deut.

Unfortunately, you didn't read far enough in 2 Samuel 12...
    --Jeremy
    No, apparently you didn't read Numbers 15 correctly. Nowhere does it state the man will go to hell.

Nimrod, why would Nathan say, "The Lord also has put away your sin; you shall not die," if David did not deserve the same fate as the man in Numbers 15? Again, God saw David's repentant heart and graced him out... David describes this event in Psalm 32. Paul echoes the Psalm in Romans 4. God pardoned David's sin that did indeed deserve death...
    --Jeremy
    But you said "God gives us an example of a man who sinned presumptously against Him. This man died in his sin, his guilt upon him, and will be in hell.."
    Now you are changing your mind. (John Kerry?)
    Let me say this; Men do not go to hell because they commit a presumptous sin.

Nimrod, what if the man in Numbers 15 had repented? Would God still have commanded the children of Israel to kill him? I think not.
    --Jeremy
    Again, we are talking about a physical death.

The point still stands... The man in Numbers 15 committed a presumptous sin by not keeping God's law. That same man was unrepentant and died in his sin. Deal with Numbers 15 when you're not so angry...
    --Jeremy
    You don't know that! How do you know that man was unrepentant? I am dealing with Numbers 15. I am dealing with what it says, you are dealing with what you "think" it says.

What I find interesting is, those who argue "faith alone" fail to define their terms. They usually say, "Yep, we are saved by faith alone," but fail to tell us where their "faith alone" is based.
    --Jeremy
    Based on the relationship with God

Nimrod, I have argued that all are saved by "faith alone" in God. What you failed to address was the fact that God changes the way He asks man to show faith. All who are saved by "faith alone" must have faith in whatever God asks them to believe. God did not ask the man in Numbers 15 to have "faith alone" in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. God commanded that man to have "faith alone" in His law. If that man attempted to keep God's law by faith alone he would be righteous before God. That man chose to reject God's law and went to hell, his guilt upon him.

Riddle me this Nimrod... If a person has faith alone in God, but rejects the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ, can that person be saved today? I didn't think so...
    --Jeremy
    If the person has "faith alone" will have a relationship with Jesus Christ and could never lose salvation, no matter how much sin this person commits in his heart.

Jeremy, you make an interesting observation here. Works (showing of faith) was never required for salvation in the history of man. Today we tell people who need to be saved to go to Jesus Christ, but in the OT times there was no Jesus Christ, other than the belief that He will come. "thy seed will bruise it's head". We just need to believe in God that He will save us. Yaweh saves!

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Get over it, Jefferson. I just don't care anymore. I don't like him, and it stands at that. Let it stand.

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by lighthouse

Get over it, Jefferson. I just don't care anymore. I don't like him, and it stands at that. Let it stand.
    I'm not going to let it stand. You comit libel against a fellow believer and expect and expect no one to notice just because you make reference to a joke. If you call someone a bigot you need to have a good reason. You say you don't like him. Why not? Because someone, somewhere said he's a bigot and you foolishly believed them? So are you saying that even though evidence proves he's not a bigot will you still not like him? If so, why not?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I never said I didn't have evidence. I just don't care.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thread Information