toldailytopic: If you were in charge of TOL which members would you ban?

elohiym

My smouldering gripe, is that my husband was permanently banned after ONE post on TOL, opposing Clete, who is nicer than ghost.

I was banned permanently once.

Maybe your husband needs to grow up, swallow his pride a little, and ask nicely to come back.

Lovejoy

I can think of a few people I would like to unban, just for the sheer, unhealthy pleasure of watching them flame out again. But that is hardly a helpful attitude.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
All of 'em....people annoy me...always postin' stuff. :plain:

Ban+Hammer.jpg

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Have you ever written an injurious word on this forum?

My husband never did.

That is the point.

He was banned for opposing Clete and Clete's "hatefulness.''

My husband did so without vulgarity.

Without profantity.

Without injury.

He was PERMANENTLY banned due to language that defended his home and his wife's person.

Why is ghost, et. al. allowed to attack posters and their families with temporary bans that only allow him to return to continue his filth?

Knight was stupid to ever ask this question on the Topic of the Day, for this is a generic fault that exists on TOL, that will eventually see the light of day.

Nang

Arthur Brain

My husband never did.

That is the point.

He was banned for opposing Clete and Clete's hatelfulness.''

My husband did so without vulgarity.

Without profantity.

Without injury.

He was PERMANENTLY banned due to language that defended his home and his wife's person.

Why is ghost, et. al. allowed to attack posters and their families with temporary bans that only allow him to return to continue his filth?

Knight was stupid to ever ask this question on the Topic of the Day, for this is a generic fault that exists on TOL, that will eventually see the light of day.

Nang

Then perhaps a better approach would be to ask Knight whether he'll consider reversing the ban? Also - why do you continue to be a gold level subscriber if you have such a problem with the place? :think:

Lovejoy

Maybe your husband needs to grow up, swallow his pride a little, and ask nicely to come back.

I completely ignorant of the circumstances being discussed, so this is directed at no one in particular. It seems, though, that for some people, freedom is too much responsibility. They need lots of locked doors to function. I myself probably have far more rules than are required for a Christian, but such is the human condition, I suppose.

elohiym

Do you think he's stupid for not banning you permanently, too?

bybee

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for November 7th, 2011 06:58 PM

toldailytopic: If you were in charge of TOL which members would you ban?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

I would only ban those whose posts are absolutely against the rules.
But I would pay close attention to those posts which have the appearance of libel or slander. They ought to be addressed immediately and condemned.
Also I would watch for bullying and warn the bullies that their behavior is not conducive to fruitful dialogue.

I wonder if anything can be done, an intervention of sorts, when polarization is occurring?
I confess to getting a laugh out of some of the outrageous indignation expressed by some posters. I'd hate to see that disappear.
We have rather a delightful mixture of posters here. I hope that continues.

Arthur Brain

Bah, to your juvenile sense of humour, too.

Oh well, I apologize if my sense of humour doesn't always hit the levels of Wildian wit. I happen to appreciate how much humour can help in life no matter how 'juvenile' at times it may seem to some. Frankly your comments were out of order yesterday as being able to laugh doesn't negate the serious issues and the tribulations of life. Sometimes it's a way of coping but don't let that stop your soapbox.

:plain:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Then perhaps a better approach would be to ask Knight whether he'll consider reversing the ban? Also - why do you continue to be a gold level subscriber if you have such a problem with the place? :think:

I never paid this subscription. Some generous person gifted it to me.

bybee

Oh well, I apologize if my sense of humour doesn't always hit the levels of Wildian wit. I happen to appreciate how much humour can help in life no matter how 'juvenile' at times it may seem to some. Frankly your comments were out of order yesterday as being able to laugh doesn't negate the serious issues and the tribulations of life. Sometimes it's a way of coping but don't let that stop your soapbox.

:plain:

The trouble with soapboxes is that they are so tippy! I have fallen off of several!

Nang

TOL Subscriber

Showed this post to hubby . . .

He says: "Knight would have to swallow his pride a little and ask nicely that he come back."

Nang