Preaching the Gospel !

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

The Gospel declares or proclaims the good news of the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ for our sins, but we must add as a clarification, lest we preach a false gospel, that His Death , burial, and Resurrection of 1 Cor 15:3-4 was for God's Elect Only Rom 8:33-34

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Or Christ's Sheep Jn 10:15

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

And He rose as the Great Shepherd of the sheep Heb 13:20

20 Now the God of peace, that brought again[or resurrection] from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

This must be made clear without any compromise. This Gospel message calls and produces Faith in God's Elect, and by this God gathers His Church ! Yes, just as True is the Death of Christ was strictly for the Church, that He Loved and gave Himself for Eph 5:25

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

The Church is God's World Jn 3:16

But to say or to slightly imply or fail to clarify who Christ died for, is a false gospel !

beloved57

This is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

That the Gospel is preached as a word of Salvation to those who are born again is seen here in 1 Pet 1:3,23,25

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

It was preached unto them who had been begotten again by the Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and of incorruptible seed !

It , the Gospel was preached or announced to them, those born of incorruptible seed, so it is those who are born of incorruptible seed, that receives the seed of the Word Preached !

Last edited:

servantofChrist

I don't know where you're coming from with your reasoning that Christ's death, burial, and resurrection was only for the elect. His atoning sacrifice was for the sins of "the whole world": "And He Himself is the propitiation of our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world." (1 Jno. 2:2)

The elect, Christ's chosen [ones], are those who obey Him; specifically, those who obey His gospel message: " And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him. (Heb. 5:9)

The atoning sacrifice that Christ made [propitiation] was not merely for the elect, but as the Apostle John said, "for the sins of the whole world." But only few of that great number will respond in obedience to His sacrifice. And it is these faithful, obedient ones who are then His elect, His chosen [ones].

servantofChrist

The title of this thread is "Preaching the Gospel!" But what has always amazed me is that probably about 98% of those who those who say what it means to preach the gospel, never even mention the original gospel message recorded in Acts 2. It was preached by an apostle of Christ, every word of it was guided by the Holy Spirit, is was preached to a multitude of people who were convicted of sin through the preaching of the word (the message preached), and then were told what to do to receive the remission [forgiveness] of their sins.

The people were "cut to the heart," and cried out what should they do? The Spirit's response through the apostle Peter came immediately: "The Peter said to them, 'Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission [forgiveness] of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." (Acts 2:38)

Yet I would say that 90%... or more... of all so-called "gospel messages" preached today do NOT speak those same words, and do NOT proclaim those same terms of repentance and remission of sins to those who are there listening and in desperate need of having their sins forgiven. Incredible!

servantofChrist

Question: There were thousands of Jews present on the day of Pentecost. Peter told them that this same Jesus whom they ["you"] had crucified, God had made Him both Lord and Christ.

Were these Jews God's elect before the Holy Spirit told them (through Peter) that they had put to death the Son of God? If they were already God's chosen ones before they were told to repent and be baptized, then that implies that it was not even possible for them to reject the gospel message preached to them. Because God would not make someone part of His elect who would reject the gospel in the first place.

This whole thing that the death, burial, and resurrection is only for a certain "elect" people, is erroneous from start to finish. It's the old erroneous doctrine of unconditional election: that some people are going to be saved because God made them His elect the moment they were conceived in their mothers' womb, independent of their own heart and their own will to obey or disobey the gospel. The flip side of this coin is that all other people born into the world who are not "lucky" enough to be foreordained as God's elect, are doomed to Hell from the moment they are conceived in their mothers' womb -- regardless of what they do or don't do throughout their entire life on earth.

servantofChrist

What does it mean to "preach the gospel"?

Preaching the gospel to those who have not been saved means preaching the same gospel message that was preached originally to a multitude of people who also had not been saved. I'm talking about the multitude of Jews recorded in Acts chapter 2. But why preach that gospel message? Because it is the God-inspired, God-authorized, God-approved, first-ever gospel message preached. It is the archetype gospel message for all time to those who have not been saved. That day of Pentecost in the city of Jerusalem, ca. 30 A.D., and the gospel message preached at that event, was Providentially recorded in Acts 2 FOR ALL TO READ AND HEED, and is one of the pivotal points of the entire Bible.

I have a couple of questions for anyone who says that baptism is not required to be saved:

(1) Can someone be saved without having his/her sins forgiven? Of course not.

(2) In the original gospel message inspired by the Holy Spirit, did He put forgiveness of sins before or after baptism? Please look up Acts 2:38 and see it for yourself; the answer is obvious: the Holy Spirit says that forgiveness of sins comes after baptism, not before it!

A question for those who say that repentance is required for being saved but baptism is not:

If forgiveness of sins is required before one can be saved, and scripture plainly teaches that it is, then why did the Holy Spirit not put "forgiveness of sins" after "Repent" and before "be baptized"? He didn't put forgiveness of sins after "Repent" and before "be baptized," because that would be the same false teaching that men today teach. But God always tells the truth; it is man who changes it into the lies that he teaches.

And Paul says that anyone who preaches any gospel other than the one which the apostles preached, is to be accursed; eternally condemned. (Gal. 1:8-9)

beloved57

servant

This whole thing that the death, burial, and resurrection is only for a certain "elect" people

It is, as a matter of Salvation it is. But what is a lie, is that the Gospel is a message of salvation for everyone without exception. Many people God created to be everlastingly destroyed, Christ did not die for them !

OMEGA

Beloved 67 said,

The elect must have had a Union with Jesus
---------------------------------------------------

Oh a Union guy eh .

NO, the Apostles were Dock Workers and went Fishing after JESUS died.

------------------------

Jesus did not come to call everyone but only Sinners of which we are.

Mr 2:17 When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them,

They that are whole have no need of the physician,

but they that are sick:

I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
----------------------------------------

Beloved 47,

In your own words , you made a distinction between the Righteous and the Sinner when you said these words on another thread.
--------------------------
He came to earth to seek and to save that which was Lost ! That was the Work Jesus came to do ! Lk 19:10

10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

Now if He did not by coming to this earth, and by honouring God's Law and Justice for all them that God wanted to be saved, then He did not finish the Work that God gave Him to do !
--------------------------------------
Now you have to ask yourself,

What exactly was the Work that Jesus was supposed to do ??????:thumb:

beloved57

Is Election part of the Gospel ?

Many people today ask this question, and the answer is absolutely yes, for if a preacher does not preach election, they handle the word of God either ignorantly or deceitfully or both ! 2 Cor 4:2

But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

deceitfully means here to conceal a part of the Truth ! Thats why Paul said of His Preaching Acts 20:27

For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

The very fact we have epistles that begin like Eph 1:1-4

Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:

2 Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

1 Pet 1:1-2

Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Titus 1:1

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

That ensures us of that Truth [Election] having already been proclaimed to the recipients of those letters, for letters or epistles were primarily to establish in the Gospel Faith already delivered !

Acts 14:21-22

21 And when they had preached the gospel to that city, and had taught many, they returned again to Lystra, and to Iconium, and Antioch,

22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

When we say Election, by that we mean and understand, God's Eternal and Unconditional Choice of Particular Individuals in Christ Jesus, in order for them only to experience Salvation in time and eternity Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to Salvation or Conversion through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

The scriptures are loaded with this blessed, God revealed Gospel Truth. Jesus also states it Matt 22:14

14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

The Apostle Paul again in a Epistle writes of the Election of Grace Rom 11:5

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.[For Salvation or Conversion]

Peter writes also 2 Pet 1:10

10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling[by God] and election[by God] sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

Evidently indicating his readers had heard of the doctrine of Election previously in the Gospel preached to them 1 Pet 1:23-25

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:

25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Last edited:

beloved57

In Preaching Election in the Gospel, it is to be made clear that it is personal, not a corporate election that there will be salvation in general, but the choosing of Individuals by Name, for in expounding expounding God's Purpose of Election Rom 9:11

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth)

Paul points out that the individual Jacob was Chosen and Loved, but Esau an Individual, was hated and rejected, and this unconditionally, not on foreseen good or evil behaviour !

This must be made clear in the Gospel as Paul just did !

beloved57

Election is also Eternal !

Election does not occur in time, and it was not contingent upon mans foreseen choices of good and evil in time, as Paul points out here Rom 9:11

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth )

But it was God's special choice of individual's before the foundation Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us [as individuals] in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Also it is written, that certain individuals, their names [persons] were written in the Book of Life, from the foundation Rev 17:8

8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Last edited:

beloved57

But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost

For those God has not purposed to save through the Preaching of the Gospel as He does these 1 Cor 1:18,21

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Now, to those that God hath not purposed to save by that means, the Gospel is hid to them 2 Cor 4:3

But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost[No hope]:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Now though satan, the prince and god of this world is the intermediate secondary cause of the gospel being hid, Yet God is the First and primary cause, we know this by Jesus words Matt 11:25-26

25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.

Yes, those who Jesus is here stating that God has hidden these things from, are the same as those Paul says that the Gospel is hid from them, these are the Lost, that are outside the lost that Jesus came to seek and to save , otherwise Jesus is very confused in His Thanksgiving to the Father here Matt 11:25

25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

Notice Paul mentions the wise and prudent also here 1 Cor 1:19

For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

And He mentions them again in the Second Epistle 2 Cor 4:3

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

Last edited:

beloved57

The Gospel as the Word of Grace, The Word of the Kingdom, it shall be made effectual when it is communicated to the Heirs of Grace or the Heirs of Salvation Heb 1:14, the Good Ground hearers Matt 13:23, made so by the New Birth, this is pointed out here 1 Pet 1:23-25

24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:

Heb 1:14

14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Note: Heirs of Salvation denotes their final Salvation when finally inheriting Eternal Glory !

Last edited:

beloved57

Grace Given before the World Began !

That Grace was given some in Christ Jesus before the World began as Per 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

This is also taught by Paul in Eph 1:4-6

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

By that same Grace given then, we were made accepted [or highly favoured] in the Beloved, to the Praise of the Glory of His Grace !

This is a Gospel Truth of the Gospel of God's Grace Acts 20:24

24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

Last edited:

beloved57

The gospel of your salvation:

Eph 1:13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

When it comes to Salvation or being saved 1 Cor 1:18, the Gospel is God's good news and revelation to one of their Salvation Eph 1:13; Rom 1:16-17, a Salvation that is already theirs by God's Sovereign Grace, and so its no offer of Salvation as the followers of men would have us believe !

Last edited:

beloved57

Preaching all the counsel of God in the Gospel !

Acts 20:24-27

24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

25 And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.

26 Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men.

27 For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

In Preaching the Gospel of God's Grace, we cannot shun or keep back in declaring all the counsel of God See Eph 1:11

11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

Of which counsel is the Election of Grace, and the Reprobation of the rest; Quite frankly there could be no Election of Grace unto Salvation without also being no election to damnation, since that is how God Purposed to manifest His Saving Grace ! Neither are either Election of grace or damnation of reprobation based upon seen conditions, there were no seen conditions in them that God Elected or Rejected, this is indicated here Rom 9:11

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth )

Gods Grace given to some and witheld from others is based solely upon God's own Good Pleasure, for the Praise of the Glory of His Grace Eph 1:6; Now if we do not preach Grace and Salvation in this manner, then we are guilty of shunning to declare all the counsel of God in the Gospel !

Last edited:

beloved57

To Preach Election in the Gospel of God's Grace is seen here in Paul's Preaching in the First Chapter of the Ephesians 1:3-6

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Please note how he culminates that passage of God's Grace, all that preceded ends with "To the Praise of the Glory of His Grace "

Being Chosen in Him before the foundation of the World is Gospel Grace and being predestinated unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ is Gospel Grace !

Being accepted in the beloved before the world began is Gospel Grace, and all this was to the praise of the Glory of His Grace !

Folks there is no Preaching Salvation by Grace, while wit holding Particular , discriminating Grace in God, choosing who He will and only some of mankind for Salvation by His Marvelous Grace !

beloved57

What God has done for all those Christ died for !

1 Cor 1:30,29

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus
, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

Now what is this sanctification, that God made Christ unto those Christ died for ?

The greek word is hagiasmos and means:

consecration, purification

2) the effect of consecration

a) sanctification of heart and life

The word means here in this context, the inherent grace or spiritual enablement to live a consecrated life unto God. That is why it is said that He made us Priests and Kings unto our God Rev 1:6 !

Without this sanctification we would never come to God, so it is that we come to God by HIM [Jesus Christ] Heb 7:25

25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

The word by here is the greek prep dia and means:

the ground or reason by which something is or is not done

1) by reason of

2) on account of

3) because of for this reason

4) therefore

5) on this account

So we come to God on account of Him ! The Fruit of His Death and Intercession !

So it is by this sanctification by Christ made unto us, that we are able to perform habits of grace and spiritual duties, and this is why Christ tells His Disciples Jn 15:5

I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do or perform nothing. That is of any Spiritual value !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.