toldailytopic: What do you suppose God thinks of the Catholic Church?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for October 7th, 2011 10:11 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Ted L Glines

Hmmm, supposing that God is humanized enough to think and have opinions, I would guess that God would look at ANY Church and say, "This is no House of Mine!" Such a thinking and opinionated God would accept nothing less than a Priest/Minister/Congregation which spoke as Jesus spoke and walked as Jesus walked, in all ways. To a greater or lessor degree, all of the Churches have fallen short of the Commandments of God and Jesus.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
I think the Catholic church has become like the Pharisees of Jesus' time. I think they started well but over time have negated much of what Jesus and the Apostles taught in favor of their own traditions.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Hmmm, supposing that God is humanized enough to think and have opinions...
You think and have opinions. Why wouldn't God thinks and have opinions? What would make you projective vomit :vomit: for example? :smokie:

"...The church at Laodicea was neither cold, openly rejecting Christ, nor hot, filled with spiritual zeal. Instead, its members were lukewarm, hypocrites professing to know Christ, but not truly belonging to Him (cf. Matt. 7:21ff.). I will vomit you out of My mouth. Just like the dirty, tepid water of Laodicea, these self-deceived hypocrites sickened Christ." :eek:linger: MacArthur, John Jr: The MacArthur Study Bible. electronic ed. Nashville : Word Pub., 1997, c1997, S. Re 3:16

Also see:

Re 3:15-16 J. Vernon McGee

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God want's all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of truth. Including those that imitate Aaron and the Levites in dress and partial action.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He would think it is a church that has become bloated with traditions of men--to the point that it is hard to find the pure water of the Word.

bucksplasher

:chuckle: Clever.

What would cause God to give "thumbs up"?
What would cause God to give "thumbs down"?

Two thumbs up from Jesus on correctly interpreting His memorial meal and ingesting His body and blood for our benefit. He would also approve our forgiving of sins, our ordination of new ministers in His likeness, our anointing of the dead, our baptizing and growing His church to the "ends" of the earth including the Internet, our insistence on marriage being till death and between a man and woman.

The Spirit give one thumb up and one down. The thumb "down" for ministers and people who don't seek His help in time of temptation and trouble and who forsake their role as Christian soldiers.

The "up" thumb for continuing His Church to the present day. He's happy enough people listened to Him in order to grow that mustard seed into the gigantic monstrosity we have today. It's a miracle that in its hubris we still find the Pope showing adoration to what "others" call a mere piece of bread.

The Father has one up and one down.

The "up" He is appreciative of the praise and adoration He is given.

The "down" for not having yet converted all to His Son's church.

I tell Him we're working on it. We Catholics are infiltrating the world even as far as TOL.

tWINs

The "up" for

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

The Catholic church resembles the northern Kingdom of Jereboam the most and together with all of their friends will suffer the same future.

However not before many come out of it, which has been the case throughout its history.

read-- Proverbs chapter 7.

LA

kmoney

Hall of Fame

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Same thing He does for every denomination?

BabyChristian

I would think he'd see that men like power and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Not that I think like I used to of the RCC so much but this Pope thing has really got me. There have been so many that are corrupt. Humans are corrupt and needs checks and balances.

I know many wonderful Catholics that actually read the Bible but CS Lewis decided he wouldn't be Catholic because he knew that he'd have to go along with whatever the current Pope thinks and obviously he didn't think that was right.

IXOYE

That he made a great lure to expose the pridedul, gal 5:19-21 folk that claim to be His!

john w

Hall of Fame
Thoughts from God on the RCO

Dear member of the Roman Catholic Organization,

You all are good apologists to the Catholic Organization. I don't have the patience to try to give you all my infinity years of bible knowledge, in a few minutes. There is no way to catch up, especially since,

a. You won't read the Holy Bible

b. You won't believe the bible

c. You are afraid to go against your "popes"(whatever that is) and priests

That is the recipe for staying a fool. "Fools despise wisdom and instruction" Proverbs 1:7 .

The way out of the ditch is honesty. Honesty leads to humility, which leads to the willingness to diligently seek the truth, and honestly seek my help, whereby I help you find the truth. Seek and ye shall find...

There is so much that your organization comes up with, that should send bells and whistles off in one's head-it's amazing. However, most of you believe such vile filth, and are drawn into her.

For example, my word records no case of anybody getting a "stigmata", and since the scriptures I preserved for you do not give us any doctrinal material on stigmata, nor gives any commentary on the subject, we can only come to one logical conclusion, if everyone is "reasonable"(Is. 1:18), sane, and if we are honest:

Stigmata is just more satanic filth, from the Roman Catholic dumpster, a dumpster so full of poison, filth, and waste, it would be a full time job just wading through all of it, and keeping sheep from destroying their mind.

A simpler solution would be to simply survey my book, the KJB for English speaking people, and not any Latin scribble, from Genesis to Revelation, on some regular basis, annually, or whatever.

Pray before each reading session ( Psalm 119:18 ) . And, after a few years, one would have a basic idea of what is so, and what is not so, regarding every philosophy, religion, denomination, cult, viewpoint, political party, etc.

The KJB is the standard against which to judge everybody, including yourself, and every thing, including stigmatas. It is a perfect standard. But you have to read it thoroughly, on a regular, for its software to get in your hardware, and go where it needs to go. Go...

Catholicism

You are intellectually dishonest, and not seeking the truth. If a man prayed to me, and asked me to reveal the truth to him, and sought the truth where it claims to be, in a KJB, not "The Catechism," and honestly approached my book, I would obligate himself to help that soul find truth, and learn it.

You are proof I am right.

The Catholic Organization has a history of such mystics. It is actually one of the cornerstones of the religion. The "hidden mysteries".

Ever hear of this term: mystery Babylon in my book?

And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. Revelation 17:5

The Roman Catholic Organization is based on darkness, mystery, and gnosticism, which is the philosophy that there is an elite class of men, who have been given special, mysterious knowledge, and in their benevolence, they choose to help us dummies, by giving us a dummied down, watered down version of the program, etc.

That is, a pope, his Jesuits, his cardinals, his bishops, his priests, his nuns, and the laity. Don't they tell the laity that they are not capable of understanding my book, and they need their priest to interpret it for them?

I know that is what they tell you, because I know Catholics, from my buddy, John W, that wacko, KJB bible believer, MAD cultist, who slices and dices my book, chopping up my book, thinking that I am always talking about Him in my book, to Him, directing my commands to him, for his obedience, who talks to priests.

Life is a school. Do your homework.

Sincerely, and remember, the Easter Bunny does not love you, but I do, and so does "Mother" Theresa........!

God

PS: Your Rosaries are not working for Notre Dame,