toldailytopic: GOP race, who is your front-runner now, and why?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for October 12th, 2011 08:07 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Herman Cain. Because he is a capitalist. I don't know much about him overall such as personhood, but that is because he isn't a career politician.

Granite

Hall of Fame
If you mean who I'd vote for amongst GOP candidates, I'd say either Paul or Huntsman. That said, I think Romney wins the nomination, and while he wouldn't be anything special, he wouldn't be a terrible president.

drbrumley

Herman Cain. Because he is a capitalist.

He's a cronie capitalist. He's no better than Obama on this issue.

I don't know much about him overall such as personhood, but that is because he isn't a career politician.

He is a career FED man. Which makes him a politican. And he's a freaking liar to boot.

It is quite shocking to see you and Knight and a few others here buy into this propaganda about this man.

But if you do vote for him, you deserve what you get......

Lon

I'd love to see Huckabee run and win but quite a longshot for either.

Ron Paul would certainly bring changes. He's strong-headed and has good ideas. He also has a good track record for things he's already doing.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Romney should be helped by Christie's endorsement.
I think Romney has the best shot at beating Obama. And before I didn't think he would get the nomination but now I think he has a pretty good shot.

elected4ever

Romney should be helped by Christie's endorsement.
I think Romney has the best shot at beating Obama. And before I didn't think he would get the nomination but now I think he has a pretty good shot.
Romney, not a shot in the south and without the south he is not even nominated. Christie can't even win in the south.

If one is serious about curing what ails this nation it is Ron Paul or Gary Johnson. Third place is John Huntsman.

Rick Perry, Mit Romney, Herman Cain and Micheil Bouchman cannot be trusted because they bear false witness and cannot be trusted.

Rick Santorium is a war monger and is part of the problem.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Romney could get elected if enough Republicans decide they hate Obama more than they hate a Mormon. Mitt's really the best play the GOP has--which isn't saying much--but I can easily see him getting elected. Especially with the way the Pennsylvania legislature is trying to "fix" the electoral process there...give the GOP Pennsylvania and it's game over.

elected4ever

Romney could get elected if enough Republicans decide they hate Obama more than they hate a Mormon. Mitt's really the best play the GOP has--which isn't saying much--but I can easily see him getting elected. Especially with the way the Pennsylvania legislature is trying to "fix" the electoral process there...give the GOP Pennsylvania and it's game over.
If the GOP would give Huntsman the time of day he would stomp Romney.

Actually I do not hate Mormons. Most Mormon's moral stance is better than the mainline Christian denominations. If keeping the law is the standard for personal conduct that is but if one lives by the law they will not be faithful to the constitution. That is like an Islams keeping the sierra law. Like evangelicals their loyalty is to there faith and not to this country. To me that is like religious fascism.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Romney could get elected if enough Republicans decide they hate Obama more than they hate a Mormon.
Exactly. Republicans might not like Romney, but they like him better than Obama so they will vote for him in a general election. As I said, I saw Romney having a problem getting the nomination but with Perry weakening and Christie's nomination he is looking better again. Right now Cain is probably the stiffest competition but I won't be surprised if Cain just has his 15 minutes of fame and falls back down.

There is still time though. Who knows what could happen.

BabyChristian

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for October 12th, 2011 08:07 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Cain.

I saw a poll on FB, which obviously has a variety of people on there and many are younger people so I can see why Ron Paul is doing next to the best but at 6,078 but I was surprised to see that Cain had 16,7878 votes. The rest, including Mitt was so low I'm not mentioning them.

And yes TH, Cain is able......LOL

Granite

Hall of Fame
If the GOP would give Huntsman the time of day he would stomp Romney.

I agree! Huntsman's a fine, decent man and he'd make a great president. Which is exactly why he won't get elected.

Actually I do not hate Mormons. Most Mormon's moral stance is better than the mainline Christian denominations.

The Mormons I've known are exemplars of Christian behavior. I could care less if a Mormon is elected; I simply want them to do a good job.