Treating Homosexuals Differently at Home and Church

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator

This is the show from Tuesday August 2st, 2011.

SUMMARY:

* Debt Deal Doesn't Do It: According to the Congressional Budget Office, even if the long-term "cuts" imposed on future congresses, called for in this deal struck between the Republicans and Barack Obama, were strictly adhered to (which has never once happened in history), the CBO calculates that regardless, our National Debt would increase from $14 trillion to $19 trillion dollars. So much for balance budgets and actual significant cuts in the short term.

* Join Bob Thursday in Durango: Bob invites folks to join him, Lila Rose, Personhood Colorado, and Colorado Right To Life at a Durango protest of the Catholic Mercy Hospital for extending privileges to a notorious child killer, abortionist Grossman (see MercyProtest.com).

* Derrick from New Orleans on the Homosexual Crisis: Derrick shares the story of how the cruelty of lesbianism has hit hard all around him from at the office to family life. And he tells of Emma, the woman who repented from her lifestyle and turned to the Lord Jesus Christ. And then, sadly, of someone even more close to him and the extraordinary difficulty of reaching homosexuals with the truth of God's Word. Of course homosexuality should be re-criminalized and prohibited. But while it is "legal," Bob mentions that Paul's prohibition of interacting with those who are sexually immoral (homosexuals) applies directly to the sphere of church activities, and that in other spheres, including commerce and family, there should still be consequences, though God does not require the 100% excommunication of an unrepentant adulterer or homosexual as He does for within the church proper.

Today's Resource: Genesis: The Fall - How much time passed from the creation of Adam until the fall of Adam and Eve? The Bible has some very interesting and specific indicators that just might enable us to answer that question down to the very DAY of the rebellion. Also, have you ever wondered where Lucifer was when he fell? And why did God put Lucifer in the Garden of Eden? The answers to these questions are stunning, and extremely worthwhile in understanding the overall story of the Bible. Finally, was there an eternal decree that Adam would disobey God and thereby bring unending misery, filth, and death upon the human race? You can benefit from this very exciting Bible study!

Genesis: The Fall is one of Bob Enyart's most important studies and as Francis Stephenson from Santa Barbara, California wrote, "There are three sessions in the middle of this study that are the all-time best-ever gold standard of Bob's Bible study!" From the crew at BEL, "Thanks Francis! And yes, we agree with you!" And Francis even says if you'd like to call him about his endorsement of The Fall, you can reach him at 541-440-6670.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My son has also experienced difficulties finding a potential wife. All the girls in his school were either lesbian or bisexual. He called them evil. He's now in the army and found a decent girl that is not a pervert.

Granite

Hall of Fame
My son has also experienced difficulties finding a potential wife.

It's a big, big world out there...

All the girls in his school were either lesbian or bisexual.

That's called either "impossible" or "impossible."

He called them evil.

And you wonder why he had trouble getting along with the fairer sex...

danoman31

Why not treat homosexuals like human beings just like everyone else?
Because they are an abomination to God. There are no homos in Heaven. Never heard a couple who are about to have a baby say that they hope he/she grows up to be a homo. EVERY parent that learns that their child has chosen a perverse lifestyle is saddend. They may, overtime ease their discomfort about their childs choice, but they will never rejoice in their childs decision. You will never here them say "yay, my son's a homo." You will hear parents thank the Lord for giving them a healthy normal child, and we all know what they really mean when they say "normal." Homo's are NOT normal. Love them enough to tell them that they are doomed to eternity in Hell if they continue in their perversion. They want me to tolerate them yet they won't tolerate me or God for that matter. They're right and I'm wrong, go figure. Homos make me sick. They should make you sick as well.

Skavau

Because they are an abomination to God.
Well, of course that's your belief. This is a potent example of the vileness of theistic morality. It makes normally moral people say believe and advocate wicked and nasty things towards others. In this case, it is and can be affirmed as the direct cause for advocating persecution and isolation towards people purely for their sexual orientation.

There are no homos in Heaven. Never heard a couple who are about to have a baby say that they hope he/she grows up to be a homo.
I've never heard all couples say that they would disown their children if they turned out homosexual and I've never heard all couples say that they would care about the sexual orientation of their children.

EVERY parent that learns that their child has chosen a perverse lifestyle is saddend.
You're referring to homosexuality as a "perverse lifestyle". Not that you have anyway of knowing whatsoever what any parent thinks much less all of them.

They may, overtime ease their discomfort about their childs choice, but they will never rejoice in their childs decision.
See above. Some will be upset, others won't.

You will never here them say "yay, my son's a homo." You will hear parents thank the Lord for giving them a healthy normal child, and we all know what they really mean when they say "normal."
Of course, you're apparently referring to Christian parents here. Or exclusively Christian evangelical leaning Christians that have a specific problem with homosexuality.

Why should an atheist couple care about their child's sexual orientation?

Homo's are NOT normal.
Neither is listening to Death Metal.

So what?

Love them enough to tell them that they are doomed to eternity in Hell if they continue in their perversion.
That's not love, that's merely playing the messenger for the worst kind of totalitarianism. It is at best emotional manipulation and at worst is an example of the most contemptible crypto-fascism involved in the permanent adulation of the onset of a supernatural dictatorship.

They want me to tolerate them yet they won't tolerate me or God for that matter.
How do you know that all homosexuals are unable to tolerate you, or God? Additionally, if they don't would it surprise you? Would you tolerate someone who supported you eternal torment for something you did or something you are?

I wouldn't.

They're right and I'm wrong, go figure. Homos make me sick. They should make you sick as well.
People who make excuses and defend eternal torture make me sick. They should make you sick as well.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

This is the show from Tuesday August 2st, 2011.

SUMMARY:

* Debt Deal Doesn't Do It: According to the Congressional Budget Office, even if the long-term "cuts" imposed on future congresses, called for in this deal struck between the Republicans and Barack Obama, were strictly adhered to (which has never once happened in history), the CBO calculates that regardless, our National Debt would increase from $14 trillion to $19 trillion dollars. .

The confrence call between Barry and S&P....well, it was about as convincing as his fake Hawaiian BC. No soup for you!

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
Because they are an abomination to God. There are no homos in Heaven. Never heard a couple who are about to have a baby say that they hope he/she grows up to be a homo. EVERY parent that learns that their child has chosen a perverse lifestyle is saddend. They may, overtime ease their discomfort about their childs choice, but they will never rejoice in their childs decision. You will never here them say "yay, my son's a homo." You will hear parents thank the Lord for giving them a healthy normal child, and we all know what they really mean when they say "normal." Homo's are NOT normal. Love them enough to tell them that they are doomed to eternity in Hell if they continue in their perversion. They want me to tolerate them yet they won't tolerate me or God for that matter. They're right and I'm wrong, go figure. Homos make me sick. They should make you sick as well.

I'll borrow from Shakespeare:

"fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer, as a Christian is? If you prick us, do we not bleed? if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?"

danoman31

Well, of course that's your belief. This is a potent example of the vileness of theistic morality. It makes normally moral people say believe and advocate wicked and nasty things towards others. In this case, it is and can be affirmed as the direct cause for advocating persecution and isolation towards people purely for their sexual orientation.

I've never heard all couples say that they would disown their children if they turned out homosexual and I've never heard all couples say that they would care about the sexual orientation of their children.

You're referring to homosexuality as a "perverse lifestyle". Not that you have anyway of knowing whatsoever what any parent thinks much less all of them.

See above. Some will be upset, others won't.

Of course, you're apparently referring to Christian parents here. Or exclusively Christian evangelical leaning Christians that have a specific problem with homosexuality.

Why should an atheist couple care about their child's sexual orientation?

Neither is listening to Death Metal.

So what?

That's not love, that's merely playing the messenger for the worst kind of totalitarianism. It is at best emotional manipulation and at worst is an example of the most contemptible crypto-fascism involved in the permanent adulation of the onset of a supernatural dictatorship.

How do you know that all homosexuals are unable to tolerate you, or God? Additionally, if they don't would it surprise you? Would you tolerate someone who supported you eternal torment for something you did or something you are?

I wouldn't.

People who make excuses and defend eternal torture make me sick. They should make you sick as well.
Vileness of theistic beliefs. HA, that's funny. You call my belief vile, where's your tolerance. Oh thats right, I'm wrong and you're right.Sorry to have been intolerant. People who advocate wicked and nasty things to or against homos are wicked and nasty. I advocate salvation through repentance of their vile and wicked lifestyle. If they reject the oppurtunity for salvation through Jesus then there is a price to be paid. Same applies to heterosexuals. Homos should be punished for their lifestyle, it's vile, wicked and disgusting, not because I say so but because our Creator hates it and I love what my Creator loves and hate what he hates. Amazing, you appear to be nicer than God, is that possible. Would you sacrifice your son so that ALL could have eternal life. NOPE!!!

Not all parents would or will disown their child due to their choice. That is sad because they should. Shame is a powerful tool. Loving parents DO care about the choice their children make. Some say the opposite of love is hate, I beg to differ, its indifference. Love your child enough to save them from destruction.

Homosexuality IS a perverse lifestyle. It has no redeeming qualities what so ever. It leads to destruction and death. All loving caring parents know this. If they claim otherwise they are liars and fools.

Why should an atheists parents care about their childs sexual orientation. My point exactly, they don't because they are not truly loving caring parents. They are indifferent, they don't care.

Listening to Death Metal won't send you to Hell. Sheesh what an idiot.

That's not love? Blah blah blah, yadda yadda. God, a totalitarian. Hmm, I'll have ask him about that. I repeat, what an idiot.

How do I know homos don't tolerate me or God. Are you serious? You can't be this dense. If they are homos then they reject Jesus no if ands or buts. They don't tolerate Jesus. I have the rule book, I know the consequences. You have the rule book and say to hell with the consequences there are none. You my friend are a FOOL.

I know I know. I'm just another crazy loon following some pagan cult created by a bunch of loonies in their attempt to take control of man. Well all I gotta say is you better hope/know I'm wrong. I have proof that I'm right and the sad thing is you know it too. You just reject the proof thats right in front of you. Hope you like it hot.

danoman31

I'll borrow from Shakespeare:

"fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer, as a Christian is? If you prick us, do we not bleed? if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?"

Same could said of the guards at Dachau. Nazis, Soviet Union, Saddam Hussein, et al. Shakespeare is your source for what, proof that I should be more tolerant of homos because they experience the same things I do. Of course they do. And they can experience eternal life with a loving God or eternal seperation from the same loving God. Pick one. Oh, again I keep forgetting you reject God, so you've already decided. Membership to our club is free, just thought you should know. You can cancel it at any time, just ask Zakath.

Frayed Knot

Never heard a couple who are about to have a baby say that they hope he/she grows up to be a homo. EVERY parent that learns that their child has chosen a perverse lifestyle is saddend.

That's just not true. I would rather my boys not be homosexual, because that will give them some extra challenges in society, but I realize that things are getting better in that regard and it's not a big deal either way.

On the other hand, I would much rather my kids grow up to be gay than grow up to be Christian. Now that would disturb me.

Vileness of theistic beliefs. HA, that's funny. You call my belief vile, where's your tolerance.
He didn't call your beliefs vile - he called your morality vile. And he's right. And tolerance of vile actions is not a good thing. Tolerance of vile actions is cowardice.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And you wonder why he had trouble getting along with the fairer sex...
He called them evil because of their perversion. He's not attracted to bisexuals or girls that do drugs.

Lave

Not all parents would or will disown their child due to their choice. That is sad because they should. Shame is a powerful tool. Loving parents DO care about the choice their children make. Some say the opposite of love is hate, I beg to differ, its indifference. Love your child enough to save them from destruction.

Good parents love their son for whoever he is, regardless of his choices. Parental love is unconditional. To characterize disowning one's own child as an act of love is sick.

Homosexuality IS a perverse lifestyle. It has no redeeming qualities what so ever.

Just because it "has no redeeming qualities whatsoever" doesn't mean it should equate to disowning your own children because they possess that trait.

Besides, in many people's opinions, homosexuality in and of itself doesn't have any negative qualities. The vast majority of problems they face stem from the fact that an entire segment of the population continually berates them, chastises them, and insists on telling them that they're hellbound abominations.

It leads to destruction and death.

I've got about five gay friends. I'll get back to you when they're destroyed.

All loving caring parents know this. If they claim otherwise they are liars and fools.

You've met every parent in the world? Wow, you sure are popular, huh? And apparently, you can read their minds, too. Nifty.

Why should an atheists parents care about their childs sexual orientation. My point exactly, they don't because they are not truly loving caring parents. They are indifferent, they don't care.

I guess you've met all the world's atheist parents as well, since you've met all of the world's parents.

It sure is sick to imply that someone you've never even met doesn't love his/her child.

That's not love? Blah blah blah, yadda yadda. God, a totalitarian. Hmm, I'll have ask him about that. I repeat, what an idiot.

You're an idiot.

I can use opinionated insults as arguments, too!

How do I know homos don't tolerate me or God. Are you serious? You can't be this dense. If they are homos then they reject Jesus no if ands or buts. They don't tolerate Jesus.

Whoops, I'd better go inform my gay Christian friend that he doesn't exist. You're just hitting it hard with the generalizations today. And a No True Scotsman for icing on the cake!

I have the rule book, I know the consequences. You have the rule book and say to hell with the consequences there are none. You my friend are a FOOL.

And lots of other people have their own rulebooks that are as equally up in the air as yours.

I know I know. I'm just another crazy loon following some pagan cult created by a bunch of loonies in their attempt to take control of man. Well all I gotta say is you better hope/know I'm wrong. I have proof that I'm right and the sad thing is you know it too. You just reject the proof thats right in front of you. Hope you like it hot.

Well, I wouldn't characterize Christianity that ridiculously. But hey, man, if that's what you believe!

And no, none of us "know you're right." Stop pretending every atheist is just a closeted theist with daddy issues or something.

Good day. :wave:

Uberpod1

BANNED
Banned
He called them evil because of their perversion. He's not attracted to bisexuals or girls that do drugs.
Interesting way to put it. I am quite sure he has attraction for many pretty girls regardless. It may also be true that he would rule out pursuit of the attraction based on the moralfiber of the lass.

Skavau

Vileness of theistic beliefs.
Actually, I said vileness of theistic morality as in morality derived from God and for God. Often it tends to be the more potent in the open justification for atrocity and the most sanctimonious when it does so.

HA, that's funny. You call my belief vile, where's your tolerance.
I don't have much tolerance for beliefs that openly call for the open persecution and/or isolation of groups of people. You have apparently mistaken me for someone non judgmental.

Oh thats right, I'm wrong and you're right.
Yeah, pretty much. At least on this issue. I say that even as I don't accept absolutes in morality.

Sorry to have been intolerant. People who advocate wicked and nasty things to or against homos are wicked and nasty.
I sense sarcasm, but what you say is true. People who do advocate wicked and nasty things towards other people are nasty. Why would you disagree with that or say it sarcastically?

I advocate salvation through repentance of their vile and wicked lifestyle.
I am sure you do. You are free to keep doing so. Just remember that it comes across as openly ignorant and insulting and therefore people will look upon you on contempt for trying it.

If they reject the oppurtunity for salvation through Jesus then there is a price to be paid.
What "price to be paid" are you talking about here? It is one thing to suggest that homosexuals should receive response in an afterlife but another thing all together to suggest that they should receive punishment for it now by other humans. I am not sure which you are advocating.

Same applies to heterosexuals. Homos should be punished for their lifestyle, it's vile, wicked and disgusting, not because I say so but because our Creator hates it and I love what my Creator loves and hate what he hates.
Which is why you have no morality. You have distorted both moral and immoral to mean nothing more than obedience and disobedience respectively. You only care only for the interests and desires of your dictator at humanity's expense. You literally see humanity as nothing more than a tool and an objective for God. This can be in no uncertain terms be described as openly anti-social and perpetually servile at the highest level. You want that, you're welcome but you can expect people who value personal liberty to view you in complete contempt for your posturing and spokesperson mentality in defending a supreme dictator.

Amazing, you appear to be nicer than God, is that possible.
It isn't hard to be nicer than a being that would mete out eternal torture for not believing in him, or for being born imperfectly.

Would you sacrifice your son so that ALL could have eternal life. NOPE!!!
It wasn't a very good sacrifice, considering as he's still around according to you. Not to mention it wasn't even required. Being a supreme omniscient being he could have just established universalism without the need for dramatic story.

In addition, according to you not all will even have eternal life. Apparently not recognising the sacrifice by God's son is enough to condemn one to eternal torture. So that means that anyone who simply does not believe in God and therefore rejects the sacrifice is according to you destined to eternal torment. This is shameful and disgusting and punishes people for intellectual honesty.

Not all parents would or will disown their child due to their choice. That is sad because they should.
This is disgusting and indicative of a warped and disorientated morality. You think it more moral that parents disown homosexual children than keep them and assist them. I can add nothing more disgusting to what you've already said there.

Shame is a powerful tool. Loving parents DO care about the choice their children make. Some say the opposite of love is hate, I beg to differ, its indifference. Love your child enough to save them from destruction.
Actually, my parents disowning me for a free choice or a conviction would not bring me into shame it would only lead me to sadness regarding their bigotry and would fuel me with more conviction to live my life as I chose and fuel me with more conviction to not be manipulated or controlled by others who felt they had more right to my choices than me.

Homosexuality IS a perverse lifestyle.
Whatever this means. I listen to perverse music according to many. 'Perverse' is a term I have long discarded as something to be scared of.

It has no redeeming qualities what so ever. It leads to destruction and death.
[citation needed]

All loving caring parents know this. If they claim otherwise they are liars and fools.
You are so astonishingly arrogant that you claim to have knowledge over the thought process of all parents that disagree with you.

Yes they do. This is disgusting. They do care about their child's welfare but they simply don't see homosexuality as contrary to their child's welfare. The fact that you don't understand that glaringly obvious point I was making and instead decided to make a sweeping and ignorant slur against all atheist parents says it all. If your point was even remotely true we would see mass social breakdown amongst the youth in countries such as Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland which hold an extremely high atheistic and/or non-religious population.

Right, but it is abnormal. It isn't usual. It is exactly as you claimed regarding homosexuality.

The God you believe in is totalitarian. There is no privacy with him. He is according to you always watching us. He is knows what we think and here's the definition of totalitarianism can judge us for what we think: thought-crime. This kind of thing attempted by humanity is seen as outright evil and yet it is seen as righteous or perfection when done by God.

How do I know homos don't tolerate me or God. Are you serious? You can't be this dense.
They obviously won't be very friendly towards you after you've made all manner of insults towards them but beforehand, on the knowledge of you being a Christian: How can you know that they will be inherently intolerant towards you?

If they are homos then they reject Jesus no if ands or buts.
Ignoring of course, the many Christian homosexuals out there.

They don't tolerate Jesus. I have the rule book, I know the consequences. You have the rule book and say to hell with the consequences there are none. You my friend are a FOOL.
I don't believe that your rule book is even a rule book. Just a book.

I know I know. I'm just another crazy loon following some pagan cult created by a bunch of loonies in their attempt to take control of man. Well all I gotta say is you better hope/know I'm wrong. I have proof that I'm right and the sad thing is you know it
You are presumably projecting your attributes of God here. You believe God knows everything including what people think and you seem to think you have the same power here.

How do you even pretend to know what I'm thinking on this topic? Why don't you stop acting so arrogant and actually ask me what I think rather than presuming to know what I think.

You just reject the proof thats right in front of you. Hope you like it hot.
Do you think a moral person would think it considerate to make snide comments to those who he thinks will burn forever?

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
...tolerance of vile actions is not a good thing. Tolerance of vile actions is cowardice.

That's just your opinion right? Why should I be subject to your opinions?

By what standards do you use to determine if something is "vile" or "good" or "cowardice"?

Are your standards of what is vile and good absolute/universal? Why should I live by what you believe and by your standards? Who made you an authority over my actions?