toldailytopic: Same-sex marriage: for it, or against it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Don't forget Andrea Yates, Chrys. Was her husband *reasonable* for staying with her and allowing her to take care of their children?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
so what is the point?

Was it reasonable for Nancy Benoit to stay with Chris for "the sake of the child?"

Was it reasonable for Phil Hartman to stay with Brynn for "the sake of the children"?

Was it reason for Rusty Yates to stay with Andrea for "the sake of the children"?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Was it reasonable for Nancy Benoit to stay with Chris for "the sake of the child?"

Was it reasonable for Phil Hartman to stay with Brynn for "the sake of the children"?

Was it reason for Rusty Yates to stay with Andrea for "the sake of the children"?

I do not believe in drawing any conclusions based on three couples

would you?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I do not believe in drawing any conclusions based on three couples

would you?

YES, I do. The *conclusion* would be that there are times when married couples should divorce and to not do so is irresponsible and child endangerment.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
YES, I do. The *conclusion* would be that there are times when married couples should divorce and to not do so is irresponsible and child endangerment.

Do you agree with this, Chrys? To not agree is not reasonable.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

I have already agreed to that
but
pointed out that when this happens there is at least one unreasonable person involved

most of the time both are being unreasonable

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
but
pointed out that when this happens there is at least one unreasonable person involved

I think that using a word such as *unreasonable* to describe the individuals who chose to murder shows a complete disregard to the lives of their victims.

Define how a reasonable spouse should react when there is adultery, violence, chemical dependency, etc. in the marriage?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Define how a reasonable spouse should react when there is adultery, violence, chemical dependency, etc. in the marriage?

there are many examples of couples staying to together in spite of that
and
it is not for me to judge when it is not reasonable

Silent Hunter

but

Said the guy who was more than willing to use the anecdotal when his experience matched his expectation.
. . . definition time again . . .

unreasonable (un·rea·son·a·ble)
-adjective
1. when someone posts something that doesn't match chrysostom's experience and expectation.

:kookoo:

it is not for me to judge when it is not reasonable
. . . the irony is . . . you do it all the time.

:kookoo:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
there are many examples of couples staying to together in spite of that

And there are many examples of women, men and children ending up dead because they do not leave.

and it is not for me to judge when it is not reasonable

Oh, but it IS for you judge that these individuals who would murder one another and their children are more deserving marrying than a gay couple?

Do you even read what you type?

Status
Not open for further replies.