toldailytopic: Same-sex marriage: for it, or against it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
the same person who always does. And your inner child seems to have given you the slip. :shocked:

Also, you're still dead wrong on nearly every point related to the OP and for the reasons given.

is there only one person taking care of your child?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
At a time? Sure.

And you're still not disciplining your interior toddler.

And you're dead wrong on the foundational principle of marriage to boot, for the reasons previously set out.

So that's bad. :plain:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
At a time? Sure.

And you're still not disciplining your interior toddler.

And you're dead wrong on the foundational principle of marriage to boot, for the reasons previously set out.

So that's bad. :plain:

does the person taking care of your child have another job besides that?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
so who is taking care of your child now?

Who is taking care of *your* child now?

I didn't say that I had one

If you don't, then the correct answer would be "I don't have a child, so there is NO CHILD to be taken care of".

You didn't answer the question.

does the person taking care of your child have another job besides that?

Chrys, why are you asking questions of others that you are unwilling to answer yourself?

WHO is taking care of your child right now? IF you do not have a child or have never been married, then what exactly qualifies YOU as an authority on this subject?

Quit being a coward and answer the questions.

Arthur Brain

I think you were already confused
and
what saddens me is that most here do not seem to appreciate the importance of bringing children into this world
and
providing them a decent home

Who, at any point on this thread, has devalued the importance of providing children with a decent home? Oh, that's right. Nobody.

:plain:

zoo22

I, (name), take you (name), to be my (wife/husband), to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part.

now why should two people living together take this vow?
just go your separate ways
if
things don't work out

the only reason a vow like this makes sense is because children are involved
they need you to stay together

that is common sense

No, that's not "common sense," that's baloney.

You make a marriage commitment to your life partner.

To have and to hold. For better or for worse. For richer, for poorer. In sickness and in health. To love and to cherish. Til death do you part.

As wonderful as a child would, could, should be, a child isn't a necessary part of the commitment you've made to the one you're committing yourself to. The commitment holds the same either way.

MrRadish

As wonderful as a child would, could, should be, a child isn't a necessary part of the commitment you've made to the one you're committing yourself to. The commitment holds the same either way.

Quite. And conversely, if you do have a child, the commitment to act in his/her interests (by providing the best parenting possible) exists regardless of whether you're married or not and shouldn't result from being married, it should be the result of your love for the nipper in question.

Last edited:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
No, that's not "common sense," that's baloney.

You make a marriage commitment to your life partner.

To have and to hold. For better or for worse. For richer, for poorer. In sickness and in health. To love and to cherish. Til death do you part.

what if two people decide to go their separate ways?

why shouldn't they?
if
there are no children involved

Status
Not open for further replies.