toldailytopic: Same-sex marriage: for it, or against it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I don't completely agree. Certain homosexual couples couple have ceremonies with no legal recognition. Anyone can do so.
Then you aren't talking about marriage, which was what I and the OP addressed. I understand you can have rite without a marriage contract, but you can't have a marriage contract without rite.

Arthur Brain

How about marriages where there's no children involved and the couples in question remain happily wed? Can you give me one good reason as to how they've not fulfilled their wedding vows? If not then your assertion that the purpose of marriage is to protect the child is once again sunk.

Get over it Chrys. You're on a sinking ship and you're running out of liferafts.

:plain:

Chrys? Have these people fulfilled their vows? Yes or no?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
What do you seriously hope to achieve by this trollish approach to posts?

I think he's pretty effective. He doesn't have a rational counter, so he bogs the thread down in an equally irrational side bar.

It's like shaking the old Magic 8 Ball and hoping for a conversation. :D

Arthur Brain

I think he's pretty effective. He doesn't have a rational counter, so he bogs the thread down in an equally irrational side bar.

It's like shaking the old Magic 8 Ball and hoping for a conversation. :D

:chuckle:

The last time I shook one of them things it said 'Get a life'....

:plain:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
. . . yet I'd be banned should I do the same things he does . . .
Not if you were serving the interests of the authority, which run contrary to the points being made against Chrys. You just have to understand which way the windmill is tilted. There's a bias in play and it isn't hidden.

Status
Not open for further replies.