toldailytopic: What political or environmental cause are you most passionate about an

Status
Not open for further replies.

1PeaceMaker

Political power may be how they can get their environmental concerns addressed.

If the greenies want to save the earth, let them live in cob houses, use solar hot water heaters, passive light, and biofuels. Just by living in the cob house, you cut 40% of the waste. The hot water heater accounts for 40% of the average bill, so there goes another 40% of your energy waste. The remaining 20% can be further reduced by getting a bidet. A household of my size can save $1,000 - $2,000 a year on toilet paper that way, nevermind the "sacred" tree lives they could spare. :rolleyes: Grow locally and avoid trucked foods.

All these things would massively transform our world for cheap, and I'm not yet out of more ideas. And none of my ideas involve cruel dictatorships or one child policies.

I'm not conservative or liberal. I'm a cornucopian pro-natalist. Also known as a libertarian collectivist.

Aner

Many have said abortion - I don't disagree.

However the ginned up war against people who use certain of God's creation that other people don't like is another act of violence against largely peaceful human beings. There would be no cartels without this phoney war - that is self evident. However, the politcos don't give a damn about our well being - only serving the special interests - prison guard union, assn of police chiefs and similar facist securiatate entities - that this insanity continues decade after fruitless decade. As 1984 said, "The war will never end - it wasn't intended to end - only to prop up the existing social structure".

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm very passionate about 'beached whales'. I think that they should be protected from all these 'do gooders' who keep interfering with their random evolutionary progress. I say leave them be. Let them sprout their legs and begin to walk around like some of us other highly evolved mammals. Who knows, after they start walking around, they may actually start verbalizing words like ours. Hey, maybe they'll sprout fingers and interact with us on the Internet. Oh well, it'd probably take a million years.
Nevermind.

1PeaceMaker

Healthcare is one of my favorite issues since the rising costs are driving so many problems in the USA today (including the deficit).

Also defense of the poor and shared sacrifice.

Your sentiments are laudable.

Forcible redistribution has already been tried. Remember the bailouts? Remember how they said that the money would help the housing markets, and all the senators tongues were wagging about buying houses and funding small business loans with it? But what did Paulson and friends do with the money, I guarantee you, it was nothing like the senators wanted. In fact, for a very long time, no one was even allowed to know where it went. It did not buy houses, even though it could have. It did not make the banks give small businesses loans. In fact, they loaned less, especially to small businesses! The bailouts instead went to P. Hut for advertising (24-27 million I forget the exact amount) and to over a dozen foreign banks, which was supposed to be a no-no.

So forget it.

Better than stealing again, why don't we individually go to our wealthy community members with an actionable proposal that minimizes their need to contribute while maximizing the human resources and bringing the community together?

:sozo: No more stealing!

Alate_One

Your sentiments are laudable.

Forcible redistribution has already been tried. Remember the bailouts? Remember how they said that the money would help the housing markets, and all the senators tongues were wagging about buying houses and funding small business loans with it? But what did Paulson and friends do with the money, I guarantee you, it was nothing like the senators wanted. In fact, for a very long time, no one was even allowed to know where it went. It did not buy houses, even though it could have. It did not make the banks give small businesses loans. In fact, they loaned less, especially to small businesses! The bailouts instead went to P. Hut for advertising (24-27 million I forget the exact amount) and to over a dozen foreign banks, which was supposed to be a no-no.

So forget it.
What does the bailout have to do with stabilizing medicare and medicaid? :idunno:

Better than stealing again, why don't we individually go to our wealthy community members with an actionable proposal that minimizes their need to contribute while maximizing the human resources and bringing the community together?

:sozo: No more stealing!
Taxes aren't stealing. Read your Bible.

Romans 13:6-7

6 For because of this you also pay taxes, for the authorities are ministers of God, attending to this very thing. 7 Pay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed.

Mind you, Paul was saying this about *Rome* which was far far more corrupt a government than the USA will likely ever be.

1PeaceMaker

What does the bailout have to do with stabilizing medicare and medicaid? :idunno:
It is managed by the same crooks in Washington who ruined social security and our financial futures. :plain:

Taxes aren't stealing. Read your Bible.

Romans 13:6-7
Romans 13:1-8 are under historical dispute. You aren't going to get me with that one. :p

I'm interested in principles, like we aught to obey God rather than men, and we aught to undo the heavy burdens and break every yolk. You are talking about adding yolks and burdens.

Let us not compel Atlas to shrug his shoulders. Woe be the day. :nono:

Mind you, Paul was saying this about *Rome* which was far far more corrupt a government than the USA will likely ever be.

I will not be compelled to give money for "medical" abortions or killing of old people. I will not ration life saving care. I will not force inoculate. I will not use such "care."

What I will do is encourage the building of charity hospitals, staffed by volunteer medical people who do not wish to run the rat race. Let us have doctors who work 30 hours a week, and let us have more nutritional education, because that's where the prevention of the majority of medical expenses starts.

SeraphimsCherub

None of them! Because if i allow myself to get caught up in one false political cause, i may soon find myself a victim of them all, and at the same time,ironically, i'm not ignorant to the sad fact of the Reality of this "Politically Crazy World", so i already am!

Alate_One

It is managed by the same crooks in Washington who ruined social security and our financial futures. :plain:
How about we stop electing these "crooks" then, instead of throwing up our hands and assuming individuals are going to magically take up the slack?

Romans 13:1-8 are under historical dispute. You aren't going to get me with that one. :p
Oh? Since when? How about a citation for that statement? That's a nice way of just chopping something out of your Bible you don't agree with isn't it? Jesus paid taxes and told Tax collectors to collect accurate taxes, not to stop collecting them.

I'm interested in principles, like we aught to obey God rather than men, and we aught to undo the heavy burdens and break every yolk. You are talking about adding yolks and burdens.
I think you mean yoke, otherwise I'm in big trouble cooking my eggs . . . We're not talking about heaping undue financial burdens on anyone. We're talking about taxing the rich. And you haven't read your Bible if you think it is in any way pro-riches.

I will not be compelled to give money for "medical" abortions or killing of old people. I will not ration life saving care. I will not force inoculate. I will not use such "care."
Then move to Ethiopia. All care is rationed even under our current system, there is no such thing as infinite money. No one is talking about killing old people and there is no tax payer funding of abortions. Inoculation saves the lives of infants who cannot be inoculated. I guess you're another one of those people that loves children until they are actually born.

What I will do is encourage the building of charity hospitals, staffed by volunteer medical people who do not wish to run the rat race. Let us have doctors who work 30 hours a week, and let us have more nutritional education, because that's where the prevention of the majority of medical expenses starts.
Good luck with that. It won't supply the medical needs of many people at all. Medical costs are simply too high.

1PeaceMaker

How about we stop electing these "crooks" then, instead of throwing up our hands and assuming individuals are going to magically take up the slack?
Good luck with that. Your vote doesn't count, because they count the vote.

Oh? Since when? How about a citation for that statement? That's a nice way of just chopping something out of your Bible you don't agree with isn't it? Jesus paid taxes and told Tax collectors to collect accurate taxes, not to stop collecting them.
Hey, render unto Caesar what belongs to him. ;)

No, I'm not going to debate this scripture with you, but I open this up for anyone else reading who wants to jump in. Or you can do a search and learn more on your own. :thumb:

Just remember the 3 worthies.
I think you mean yoke, otherwise I'm in big trouble cooking my eggs . . . We're not talking about heaping undue financial burdens on anyone. We're talking about taxing the rich. And you haven't read your Bible if you think it is in any way pro-riches.

Abraham was very rich. But I know about what Jesus said. I've read my Bible. I work for free all the time and am always looking for more ways to extend my outreach. That's why I talk about breaking every yoke. I know you think these taxes aren't "undue burdens" but you aren't half a mil in the hole with a house underwater. Taxing people with 250,000 a year is taking from those people and giving it to theives, unless you can show me you already threw the bums out. I've been watching folks try to do that.

Then move to Ethiopia. All care is rationed even under our current system, there is no such thing as infinite money. No one is talking about killing old people and there is no tax payer funding of abortions. Inoculation saves the lives of infants who cannot be inoculated. I guess you're another one of those people that loves children until they are actually born.
My sister is vaccine damaged. If my mother had vaccinated me also, I'm sure I would have been severely autistic. I feel like a dodged a bullet. We have a strong family history of autoimmune disorders. My mother had lupus when she was pregnant with me. I could not vaccinate my children without risking brain damage, yet I could line them up right now and blow out their little brains with a whole bunch of shots and no one would stop me. Or compensate me for the damage. That's pretty eye opening to me.

It's also eye opening to me that the majority of medical costs arises from improper birth settings. I gave birth to five children with a collective cost of $9,000 - less than the cost of one $13,000 uncomplicated birth. Want to know how I did it? I gave birth at home. I know I've avoided major surgery at least once already, and nobody is the worse for wear. :) That's the total medical cost for all my breastfed children, not including dental.

Good luck with that. It won't supply the medical needs of many people at all. Medical costs are simply too high.
Aside from the special needs of my disabled Iraq war veteran husband, which was taken care of by the VA, we've avoided all non-pregnancy related medical expenses so far with this family, minus one diagnostic test for me a few months ago. Stay healthy, educate yourself, and you won't need people who do a bad job to begin with.

Hospitals test, test, test, not to save your life, but to make money for the labs. :greedy:

elected4ever

My mother once told me that I should support people with religious views that are different than my own. Of course I just took her word for it with little understanding. I was just a kid.

I supported politicians that I thought were good people even when their religious views were different than my own. For example my first vote was cast for Berry Goldwater. He lost of course. I supported him because he advocated liberty and I knew, being from the southwest, that Lindon Johnson was a crook; crookeder than a snake.

The only democrat I ever voted for was Jimmy Carter. He was a Southern Baptist, like me. I thought all Southern Baptist believed like me. He couldn't be a bad guy because I was not a bad guy and nether were the people I associated with in the church. Boy was I wrong.

I use to get banned with regularity. So I figured I should change my tone a bit. Sozo and I were the bane of TOl. Then Sozo turned on me and he became isolated. I began to see that a name does not make a person. He became as intolerant as any liberal I have ever seen. As time passed I saw this same vindictiveness in people that I once held with esteem.

I looked at myself and judged myself to be as intolerant as that I was condemning in others. For that I owe an apology to every member that I wrongly judged. I had become the very thing I hated most. An accuser or the brethren.

The one thing that now drives me in this election is the defense of liberty. God's law is not the law of this land and the citizens should not be subject to it or judged by it. The law that we should obey is the Constitution of the United States. It is our obligation as citizens and it does not take the place of God's law which has been written upon our hearts and in our minds. If it has not been written there then then it does not exist any where.

The Constitution and the Ten Commandments were written for the condemnation of those who disobey it. They do not demonstration of righteousness of those who do.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Political power may be how they can get their environmental concerns addressed.
Which means that since the enviro-whackos have no rational approach for what they want, the have chosen the use of force through government.

danoman31

abortion

killing innocent lives all because a few judges found laws against it to be unconstitutional

the solution is to get judges who won't find laws against abortion to be unconstitutional

to get those judges you must vote republican
Ha, good luck finding any republican/democrat that won't allow abortion in one form or another. They all lie about being pro life. Abortion for any reason and in any form is plain murder. None of the current candidates are truly pro life, NONE!

danoman31

American arrogance.
There are people in this country who have never set foot outside this country yet constantly proclaim this to be the greatest country on Earth.

We have been indoctrinated from day 1 to treat a political system which is currently on a downward spiral as God's gift to mankind, even though there are now countries with slightly different systems who are providing higher quality of life to their citizens WITHOUT the clumsy hulk of bureaucracy.

We have also been indoctrinated to believe that, because we are God's gift to humanity, that the world owes each of us.

That "certain inalienable rights" now includes:
-private home ownership
-private transportation ownership
-white-collar employment
-retirement before we are physically unable to continue working
-massive amounts of leisure time
-disposable income
-government safety nets
Etc. etc.

Eventually it will backfire, as we continue to soldier on in blind faith in our system instead of striving to reform it for the better.

I wonder, though.
How many Americans will be living on the street and/or starving to death before we wake up?
What happens when the countries who have constantly lent us money decide to turn off the cash flow and demand restitution?
Will it be a big bragfest in the UN?

Or will World War III be fought primarily due to American debt which we in our overinflated currency and ego are unable to repay?
I was going to respond to this post but I realized it would be an exercise in futility. YOU my friend are absolutely clueless. Nuff said.

1PeaceMaker

Which means that since the enviro-whackos have no rational approach for what they want, the have chosen the use of force through government.

Their critical thinking skills have been stolen, else they would see that they could save 40% of the landfills by living in wonderful cob homes, with huge energy savings, save $200-$400 per person on toilet paper per year by switching to bidets, Slash their electricity bills by 40% by using solar hot water systems. Grow 40% of their own food or more, and so on.

These are all great, sensible ways to save "mother earth" without killing off your neighbor and destroying their way of life.

Down with green tyranny, and long live the earth! :banana:

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Inzl Kett, you want kids in school to be forced to participate in CHRISTIAN prayers and be forced to sit through Bible readings every day even if they come from Jewish,Musli,Hindu,Buddhist, Wiccan, Baha'i,atheist or agnostic homes? What good will this do?
Schools are places for TEACHING not preaching. Like many other religious conservatives, you make the asinine claim that because there is no longer CHRISTIAM prayer our schools, society has gone downhill.
What about kids who don't want to participate in prayer or Bible readings? If they have a teacher who is an evangelical Christian, they are likely to be scolded, marginalized, set apart from other kids and possibly even have their grades lowered.
If you go into any classroom in a major U.S. city today, you will find kids whose parents follow many different religions.
Must they all sit through Christian religious indoctrination?
I went to public schools on Long Island in the 1960s and early 70s and schools were perfectly orderly places with no serious problems. To say that society has gone downholl because there is no mandatory prayer in school is idiotic.
What we need to fear is kids being subject to evangelical Christian indoctrination in schools.
Children should be taught by their parents to think for themselves, and not accept everything people tell thim blindly.
Kids can pray all they want in church or at home. But leave that out of our schools please !
I don't have any kids, but if I did, I would not want to have them go to school in an atmosphere of sanctimonious nonsense.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
What concerns me most is keeping the government out of our bedrooms and out of women's uteruses. And keeping Christianity something that individual people practice, not the law of the land.
And keeping the government from interfering with what books,magazines, films and television programs we may view in public or in private, and in making sure that there is a secure safety net for
people so that people who are struck by misfortune do not fall through the cracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.